$329
$258
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $288/night.

Evans Hotel(Llandudno)
Hydro Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Breakfast included
Orbitz.com
3,002 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suitecup cakesrelaxation roomsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesmodern hoteloverlooking the marinanorth waleslovely locationthe ground floorevening mealbirthday treatlarge bathroomrestaurant stafffirst class
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at The Quay Hotel for one night to celebrate our anniversary. We were very impressed with the reception staff who showed us to our room and made it clear that nothing was too much to ask for. Our room (241) was wonderful, with beautiful views over the marina. It was large, clean and had wonderful facilities (sky TV, free broadband etc)

We ate in The Grill restaurant and both the meal and the service were very good.

We also used the pool facilities and although it was a little crowded with children, we could still enjoy the sauna and steam room.

The breakfast buffet was plentiful, however we felt the service wasn't quite as good as it had been when we ate in the restaurant on the previous night (we had to wait for a table to be cleared, we didn't have any teaspoons on the table and the toast that we ordered failed to show up) This was a minor point however and overall we were very pleased with our stay at this hotel and would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: 241 has beautiful views over the marina.
1  Thank sugarrain
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent celebratory stay at the Quay Hotel.

I am delighted that you were impressed with your room, my staff, beautiful views and wonderful facilities we offer. Good to know your evening meals in our Grill Room were enjoyed, but do apologise that breakfast service fell a little short of our usual high standards. The team have been informed of your comments and matters are being addressed.

Regarding the pool, I would confirm that we do have designated times for children's swimming, to allow those with families to enjoy a splash about and also ensure there are times set aside for those who want a more relaxing atmosphere or a more structured swim. I would also confirm that last week was half term, so perhaps there were more children and usual in the hotel at that time.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Belated congratulations on your recent anniversary!

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We have always loved coming to this hotel. As soon as we walk through the door we have fantastic service. We always have a castle facing room and what a view it is!The addition of sky in the rooms is a great touch. The resteraunt staff are fantastic and the food is wonderful. Even just staying one night feels like you've had a good break. We just love it, thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank jenNorthWales
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your lovely comments, delighted you love coming back to stay at the Quay Hotel. Good to know you appreciate our added facility of Sky and continue to enjoy our stunning views, fantastic food and great staff.

Look forward to welcoming you back on the next visit !

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for a wedding and had a great time, modern quality hotel & great service. Had an excellent meal in restaurant and made good use of pool and steam room. The views across the water to the castle and mountains are stunning. would highly recommend and stay again if we didn't live so far away. Thank you The Quay!

1  Thank sharon w

Dear GuEst

Thank you for your great feedback following you two night stay to attend a wedding at the Quay Hotel. Good to know you enjoyed our great service, excellent restaurant and leisure facilities.

Yes, I agree - the views are stunning and impressive at every season.

Thank you for your kind recommendations and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had a 3 day visit for our Wedding Anniversary and couldn't have wished for a more pleasant place to stay, with views of the estuary and surrounding Conwy it was superb as was the Hotel itself. The staff were the most pleasant and attentive I have had the pleasure of being served by in a long time and I must congratulate them all for such excellent service and with a smile,the cuisine was also wonderful and mouthwatering on each of the 3 occasions we ate in the Grill Room.
Overall I could not find thing to complain about and we will certainly revisit again probably next year,a well earned pat on the back to all concerned and it was a pleasure meeting you all,well done the Quay Hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an estuary looking room the views are lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words following your 3 day visit to celebrate your wedding anniversary. I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us, appreciating the fantastic views, our superb hotel and pleasant, attentive staff.

Thank you for your congratulations on team offering excellent service with a smile and wonderful mouth watering cuisine.

Delighted to know you plan to return next year and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Been meaning to come here for ages after hearing rave reviews. Booked the Indian summer package directly through the hotel £149 which included bed, breakfast and dinner. Would of liked the upgrade which is included if availability allows however the room was lovely anyway. This stay was a surprise for my husbands 30th and when we got to the room there were 2 cupcakes and a bday card from the staff- a really lovely gesture!

The leisure facilities are perfect, very clean and very modern and there are even hair straighteners in the ladies changing rooms!

We decided to pay £5 extra each on our evening meal which meant we picked a dish from the main menu. The food was beautiful.

A few constructive comments would be for the staff:
1) I had the soup for my starter however I wasn't given a spoon and had to wait over 5 mins to grab one of the waitresses to ask for one
2) I also asked for a straw for my drink and had to ask twice as the waiter forgot.

These are just comments to help the staff deliver an even better customer service as it wasn't that busy in the restaurant.

I was ill the morning after our stay so was unable to go for breakfast however my husband informed me it was the best cooked breakfast he has ever had!!

Overall an excellent stay would love to come back when the weather is nicer as the views are superb!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback, delighted to know you enjoyed your Indian Summer package with us. Glad to hear your husband appreciated the card and cup cakes for his birthday surprise and you took advantage of our leisure and restaurant facilities.

Your constructive comments regarding dinner service is very much welcomed and I have spoken to my Restaurant Manager to ensure the consistency of our service levels are maintained.

Good to read you had an excellent stay and plan to return when the weather is a little warmer, although the views are stunning all year round! I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.