The Quay Hotel & Spa
$158
$143
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$117
Evans Hotel(Llandudno)
Shelbourne Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Beachfront
Hydro Hotel(Llandudno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Bay Marine Hotel(Llandudno)
Hotels.com
Swn Y Mor Hotel(Llandudno)
2,871 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suitesauna and steam roomrelaxation roomleisure facilitiesmodern hotelafternoon teanorth walesoverlooking the marinathe ground floorlovely locationevening meallarge bathroombirthday treatrestaurant stafffirst class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in August and found the hotel to be a good base from which to explore the local area.Being reasonably fit we walked into LLandudno which is about 2.5 miles away and also took a taxi on a couple of occasions. The hotel is modern, clean and well equipped with a small gym as well as a nice pool,sauna wet room, which we used during our stay and enjoyed. We stayed in a superior room with a view of the marina.The room was spacious with a comfortable bed and was clean.Features included a flat screen tv, balcony and large bathroom. There is a large car park for hotel guests and the breakfast menu was varied and enjoyable.

Deganwy is situated between Conwy and LLandudno,, the hotel is about 500 metres from the local railway station and in walking distance of a couple of local restaurants, one of which we visited called Paysanne which offered a varied a good quality french based menu.There are numerous good quality restaurants and pubs in nearby Llandudno and in Conwy

A thoroughly enjoyable stay.Would not hesitate to return.

2  Thank Steve W
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great comments following your recent stay with us at the Quay. Delighted to know your enjoyed three nights and found the hotel a good base for exploring the local area. Your kind appreciation of our hotel, gym with sauna, spacious comfortable room with balcony overlooking the estuary is very welcome.

Good to hear you had a great breakfast and also took advantage of the restaurant within walking distance of the hotel. Glad to hear you will be returning and I look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with serious flaws! Booked a room with a balcony only to be given a room on the ground floor with a patio on the walkway outside. But we were not up for making a fuss. We tried booking spa treatments and the girl didn't have a clue what she was doing so we didn't end up booking. The only plus was the guy who ran the pool - very efficient and friendly! The word bit came at 1am, we tried sleeping at 12 but when we closed our patio door (the only fresh air!) which we had to because of security ( anyone can just walk in) the heat was totally unbearable! And I am usually someone who wears socks to bed in summer! My partner went to ask for a fan he came back with the noisiest fan in the world and we did not sleep a wink! When checking out the lady asked how was your stay so I said not good and that we did not sleep, she was not bothered in the slightest and did not offer to compensate, which would have been the polite thing to do. Will not stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sara e

Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive comments following your unsatisfactory stay. I do apologise for the disappointments encountered, it was most regrettable that you did not mention you were unhappy with the accommodation, as we may well have been able to offer alternative room and resolved some issues at the time.

I am sorry that a couple members of my team did not provide our usual high standard of customer care and service and would confirm I have spoken to the relative departments to ensure we improve the quality and service we offer.

Good to know that you found the hotel beautiful and appreciated the service received from the Leisure Suite staff. I am very concerned that you do not wish to stay with us again, but I do hope you will reconsider and give me an opportunity to offer a much improved experience. When you have a date in mind, do contact me directly, so I can personally take care of your reservation. I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

lovely place . breakfast very good and plenty of it, great hot chocolate , good menu choice from haddock to eggs benedict etc, fresh bread and butter although had to ask for more butter as very small portions given for 4 people this was every morning of our stay, my family stayed in the penthouse suite which was really comfortable with a great bath and you can watch tv whilst soaking, overall nice place would hundred percent go again and again in my opinion the best place in conwy for sitting and watching the world go by. Only downside needs to be kept under supervision more a few things were wrong in other rooms like showers and lighting not working properly but nothing drastic, the wedding we attended there was really fantastic and the food amazing, looking forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: If you can afford it go for the penthouse, brilliant space, coffee machine , great bathroom and fantastic views with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Irene D

Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. Good to know that breakfast was good with plenty of menu choice. Delighted that you enjoyed one of our Penthouse Suites whilst attending a wedding at the Quay. I am pleased to note you had a fantastic time with amazing food and you are looking forward to returning.

Be assured the "best place for sitting and watching the world go by" will be here waiting for you next time your visit.!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The location and views are beautiful that can not be taken away, however there are just a few things that let it down. Luxury suite boasts the views but the room was not vow, very clean though lots of coffee etc plenty of room all around the suite too.

The room though was so hot, very uncomfortable at night. The evening meal (included in our deal) was very average, the pasta on the ravioli was awful and the main of the mullet to be fair was quite nice although not convinced the curry sauce was too strong for the dish. Breakfasts however were quite good, lots of choice for all. Sadly the coffee is bordering on vile!

All staff very nice, we were there for two nights and I couldn't get an appointment in the spa, this you would have to book in advance which is a bit of a pain.

I would stay again on a B&B basis however.

1  Thank CheshireSunflowerz

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read of your kind appreciation of our stunning location and wonderful views, but would apologise for the disappointments encountered. Sorry to note that you found your room too hot during the night, as you will understand the recent high temperatures are unusual for North Wales and we had been providing fans to address the rare weather conditions
It was most unfortunate that we have no appointments available for spa treatments, we have been extremely busy lately, could I advise that you book prior to arrival to make sure of a treatment next time your visit.

I do apologise for the poor dining experience, I have discussed your comments with my Executive Chef to ensure we improve the quality and service offered. Good to know that breakfast was enjoyed and my staff were very nice.
I am pleased to note you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you back on that occasion.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Myself and husband had a much needed night away from the children and chose the 'Quay' and we are so glad that we did. The staff are so friendly and helpful they couldn't do enough for us. The room we stayed in had the most amazing views with a beautiful balcony and was ever so spacious. The spa was extremely clean and it provided the perfect opportunity for us to relax. It had a beautiful pool and Jacuzzi and a top of the range sauna and steam room. We can't wait to book another nights stay at the 'Quay' and we would thoroughly recommend a stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your great comments, following your "night away from the children" escape!

Good to know you enjoyed the accommodation with balcony and amazing views, relaxing , clean spa and top of the range sauna and steam room.

Very much looking forward to welcoming you back for the next visit - thank you for your kind recommendation.