“Fantastic from start to finish”

The Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the minute we arrived we had a warm welcoming, our room was facing over the harbour which was fantastic. Our evening meal was excellent as was the service. Morning breakfast was beautiful with a help yourself option and again staff happy to help with any requests. To finish our stay we had a spa treatment which was the icing on the cake. Will definitely be booking again, thankyou 'Quay'.

• Stayed: February 2013
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feeback following your recent stay with us at the Quay. Good to know you enjoyed our fantastic views over the marina, with an excellent dinner, beautiful breakfast and helpful, happy service from my staff.

Glad to hear your spa treatment was "the icing on the cake" and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here about a year ago and the restuarant service was very poor. The manager asked us to try again when next in Wales. The rooms are comfortable, location excellent but they just cannot seem to get it together in the resturant. The breakfast buffet is average with items kept warm for a long time. Breakfast pastries were stale. The staff appear to lack training in good service. Several times they shouted accross the dining room to each other, and then standing arround talking while people were waiting for tables to be cleared to be seated. There appears to be a clear lack of leadership.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EDW99
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent stay at the Quay. I am very concerned that you encountered shortfalls within our Breakfast service and would confirm I have spoken to the relevant managers to ensure we maintain our standards at all times.

I am sorry to note that during a previous visit to the Quay, you did not enjoy the same experiences of other guests. I am sure you will have read a few of our other Trip Advisor postings, when guests have been extremely complimentary about the quality and service offered and therefore I am so disappointed that my team lacked consistency at the time of your visit. It may be helpful to discuss your concerns in detail on the telephone. Do please contact me or my Deputy General Manager, Simon Harding, at your convenience.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms comfortable and our stunning location excellent. I would ask you to consider the Quay Hotel in the future and do please contact me directly when you have a date in mind. I should be more than happy to take care of your reservation personally and look forward to welcoming you back at that time

Reviewed February 15, 2013

WE recently stayed at this hotel spa for 2 nights, and we would have loved to have stayed longer. From the moment we walked into the reception area, to the moment we left, we were treated like royalty by all members of the staff. Absolutely nothing was too much trouble and everyone was smiling. We had a large room overlooking the harbour, and despite the weather, the view was tremendous. The pool area, although fairly small was perfectly adequate for our needs. As part of our stay we halso booked in for the evening meal, and the food was excellent.
If I was to find any negative, it would be the breakfast one morning, some of the food was not as hot as I would have liked. We will definatley be going back

Room Tip: Upgrade to harbour view. It is well worth it
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest

thank you for your kind comments following your recent 2 night stay with us at the Quay. I am delighted that you felt like "royalty" and you thoroughly enjoyed your room overlooking the estuary views, our leisure facilities and excellent restaurant food. Apologies that breakfast could have been hotter, I have spoken to the breakfast team to ensure standards are fully maintained.

I trust you will be able to stay longer next time and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff Made welcome Clean modern rooms good layouts . Spa treatments the best we had in a long time clean warm pool .good quality buffet breakfast stains on tea cups let it down though. Dressing gowns provided where very worn.
Yes we highly recromend this 4.8 stars .

Dear Guest

Thank you for your geneour feedback following you recent stay at the quay Hotel. It was good to read that you my friendly staff offered a great welcome and the spa treatments were "the best you'd had in a long time".

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed our lovely pool, good quality breakfast and that you would highly recommend the Quay to others.

I look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit very soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was really impressed with the facilities and service at this hotel. I had booked a night as a present for my boyfriend, having found a good deal and seen some great reviews on here. It exceed expectations! We had a suite which was beautiful, spacious, clean and looked out over the estuary. We spent some time in the spa that afternoon which was lovely and dinner in the restaurant was superb, with excellent service. Breakfast the next morning was excellent too. An all-round fantastic stay. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CazzaB16
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind compliments following your recent stay at the Quay. Delighted to know that we exceeded expectations and you appreciated our beautful and spacious rooms with fantastic views, and our Spa and Restaurant facilities.

Good to know you had a great time and thank you for your recommendation - we look forward to wecloming you for a return visit very soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booking was easy either by phone or website.Room was as requested.wifi very good no drops.Lovely beds ,clean quality bedding.Staff really spot on , I actually felt they all truly enjoyed working at The Quay.The dining is such a joy . Real good cuisine at not extortionate prices . Spa ,pool ,& leisure a joy.. so clean.
the views are beautiful.Our room for my husbands birthday was overlooking the estuary .We will be going back

• Stayed: February 2013
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your geneous comments folloiwng your recent stay with us to celebrate your husband's birthday. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our lovely beds, clean quality bedding, excellent staff and a great dining experience.

Nice to hear of your kind appreciation of our Spa and pool and, of course, the beautiful vews across the estuary over to Conwy Castle.

Glad to hear you will be returning and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was stunning. I stayed overnight for my birthday and the whole experience from booking to check out was seamless; the team were great, the room was luxurious, the food was fab and I can't wait to go back again. Massive thanks to everyone there for making my stay perfect! The only slight downside was the breakfast; personally I prefer self serve, but that's just personal preference.

Room Tip: If you have a special request, the excellent team bend over backwards to help make your stay perfect...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous feedback following your recent "birthday" stay at the Quay Hotel. It was good to hear that the experience was just perfect and you appreciated the luxurious room and great food.

Just to mention that we do offer a breakfast buffet service at busy times and weekends - perhaps next time you stay we can offer your preference.

I look forward to welcoming you back on anothr occasion.

Steve Ogden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
The Imperial Hotel
#20 of 60 in Llandudno
Ruthin Castle Hotel

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!