“What. wonderful experience ,well impressed.”

The Quay Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booking was easy either by phone or website.Room was as requested.wifi very good no drops.Lovely beds ,clean quality bedding.Staff really spot on , I actually felt they all truly enjoyed working at The Quay.The dining is such a joy . Real good cuisine at not extortionate prices . Spa ,pool ,& leisure a joy.. so clean.
the views are beautiful.Our room for my husbands birthday was overlooking the estuary .We will be going back

• Stayed: February 2013
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your geneous comments folloiwng your recent stay with us to celebrate your husband's birthday. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our lovely beds, clean quality bedding, excellent staff and a great dining experience.

Nice to hear of your kind appreciation of our Spa and pool and, of course, the beautiful vews across the estuary over to Conwy Castle.

Glad to hear you will be returning and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Steve Ogden

Write a ReviewReviews (2,796)

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was stunning. I stayed overnight for my birthday and the whole experience from booking to check out was seamless; the team were great, the room was luxurious, the food was fab and I can't wait to go back again. Massive thanks to everyone there for making my stay perfect! The only slight downside was the breakfast; personally I prefer self serve, but that's just personal preference.

Room Tip: If you have a special request, the excellent team bend over backwards to help make your stay perfect...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous feedback following your recent "birthday" stay at the Quay Hotel. It was good to hear that the experience was just perfect and you appreciated the luxurious room and great food.

Just to mention that we do offer a breakfast buffet service at busy times and weekends - perhaps next time you stay we can offer your preference.

I look forward to welcoming you back on anothr occasion.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Me and my boyfriend visited the hotel on the 9th February for out 5 years anniversary, we loved the whole weekend we arrived on Saturday afternoon the reception staff couldn’t do enough for you the room was ready for us as well. The room was well worth the money very spacious, luxury, and the views from the balcony are amazing we chose a luxury suite on laterooms.com the bathroom was very clean, the bedroom was big comfortable good views and had TV too, later on in the evening we went for a meal in the restaurant which was beautiful id prob say it was a little bit on the expensive side for what you got but very good indeed, we had good use of the spa facilities and breakfast buffet in the morning to. Overall I would recommend anyone to say at the hotel and would defiantly go again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous posting and I am delighted to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed a great 5 Year Anniversary treat with us at the Quay. Good to know that you loved the whole weekend, appreciating my staff, your luxurious room with stunning views and our restaurant and spa facilities.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Had an early valentines day surprise stay at the quay hotel and I couldn't have asked for a better surprise.
The hotel staff were friendly and very helpful and the hotel itself was decorated beautifully. We liked the fact that each room had a small entrance hall, much better than having people traipsing past your room door at all hours, it was a lovely touch!
We had a four course meal at the hotel which can only be described as fantastic, some of the best food we've tasted!
We spent the evening in the hotel bar where there was entertainment and a lovely relaxed and mellow atmosphere.
The only slight niggle we had was that the bed was quite uncomfortable, but apart from that we had a fantastic night and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky1910

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent "early valentine surprise" stay at the Quay Hotel.

Delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us, appreciating my friendly, helpful staff, the hotel decor, restaurant offerings and our mellow evening entertainment. sorry to note that the bed was not as comfortable as it might have been. I would confirm we are currently undertaking a refurbishment and beds and mattresses are being replaced within our current schedule.

I am pleased to read that you would certainly return and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

General Managert

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had a Spa Day yesterday with my friend to celebrate her "special" birthday. From entering the hotel staff could not have been friendlier. The spa and hotel staff were helpful and efficient making the whole day go smoothly. Had coffee in the lounge with a lovely view over the estuary before using the hotels excellent spa facilities. Swam in the warm pool then lunch and relax time in the spas wonderful relaxation room. Both had back,neck and shoulder massage and a rose facial. I would say that the massage was one of the best I have experienced.All in all an excellent spa experience which I would defiantly repeat.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your very generous compliments following you Great Spa Day. I am delighted to know that you and your friend enjoyed her "special" birthday treat and my staff were friendly and welcoming.

Good to hear of your kind appreciation of our wonderful views, pool and spa facilities and the great massages. I look forward to welcoming you back for a repeat experience!.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went to an Elvis tribute night here last night which included a 3 course meal. Hotel and facilities are lovely as you would expect from a 4 star hotel. However I can see how they lost a star as the food was average at best. Starter was the most awful french onion soup I have ever seen, it was an unpleasant vinegary gravy in a bowl with a few slices of onion thrown in. Quite a few people complained to the staff regarding it. Then the main was belly pork which was lovely although a very small portion of actual meat. Pudding was nice. Overall the meal was something you would get in your local pub not a 4 star restaurant. Disappointed wouldn't eat here again considering the prices as well.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your attendance at our Elvis Tribute Night last Friday. Good to know you appreciated our lovely hotel and facilities. Having read your comments it would seem you experienced dissatisfaction with the soup only, you state the main course and dessert was lovely and nice. The meal is served in a banquet style and is not meant to be al a carte cooked to order food but it should offer a good quality meal which compliments the evening of entertainment and overall atmosphere. I am sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy the soup I have already discussed your comments with my Chef to ensure we learn and improve our offering. We hold tribute nights every 2 months which are available on our website to see the variety of acts and menu’s.

The ticket prices are £35 per person which includes a glass of pink frizzante, a 3 course meal with coffee and the Tribute Act with a DJ to finish. You will appreciate that the meal was one element of the evening and other costs had to be accounted for, such as “ Elvis” himself, his musicians, the room set up with lighting and sound, plus additional staffing costs, which all contribute to the complete package expenditure.

I acknowledge your concerns and thank you for bringing them to my attention, giving me an opportunity to address the issues.

I would also mention that when we opened six years ago, we were awarded 5 Star status, under the Visit Wales standards. A year later Visit Wales and the AA amalgamated for the purposes of awarding star ratings and the AA introduced a prerequisite for additional facilities – ie two telephone lines into each bedroom, separate showers in all bathrooms etc. which had not been incorporated into the initial build, as the hotel had been constructed working to full compliance with the criteria of Visit Wales at that time. A commercial decision was then taken, that the hotel could not temporarily close to allow a number of new major constructional changes, without considerable loss of revenue and severe disruption to business. Hence, we continued to trade and agreed a lower star rating as the lesser of two evils, given the unacceptable alternative. In no way did the hotel loose a star for any decrease in standards of quality or service, it was purely the absence of additional facilities as listed by the AA, which did not form part of the original Visit Wales principal specifications.

I do hope you will reconsider and visit us again in the future. When you have a date in mind, do contact me directly so I can personally take care of your reservation. I look forward to hearing from you at that time.

Regards

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Took a 4 day break at the end of January, hotel had called home prior to our arrival to arrange time for dinner on the first evening and to fully confirm room & other booking details. (Nice touch)
The room we took was an estuary view superior room, it was very spacious and the view from the patio doors was fantastic. The service in the reception, bar, restaurant & spa very good and will certainly stay again. Easy car parking and walks along the coast from the hotel, also easy access to other areas in north Wales. (Snowdonia & national parks)

Room Tip: Estuary View Room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank White-Wolf22

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback, following your stay with us last month. I am so pleased to note that our pre-arrival call to you was appreciated and pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your spacious estuary rooom with fantastic views, the service from all staff and our Spa and Restaurant facilities and the easy parking.

I am delighted you were able to enjoy our coastal walks and our location offered easy access to the scenic delights of North Wales and Snowdonia.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Steve Ogden

Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
Royal Oak Hotel
Royal Oak Hotel
#2 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
Tre-Ysgawen Hall, Country House Hotel and Spa

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!