“Fantastic Relaxing Stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deganwy
Wales
“Fantastic Relaxing Stay”
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I returned to the Quay for a second stay and I can honestly say that I couldn't fault the hotel at all.
We were upgraded to a suite which had amazing views of the estuary, a large comfortable living room and a warm and relaxing bedroom. All the staff were polite and helpful, and we had afternoon tea in the bar which is definitely recommended.
The 4 course evening meal was delicious and the decor in the dining room is very smart and stylish. There is also a very good cocktail menu :)
The following morning we had a lovely breakfast and then went to the spa for a treatment which was excellent, one of the best treatments I've had and I can't wait to come back for more!

• Stayed December 2012
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words following your last visit to the quay. Delighted to know we were able to upgrade you to a suite with amazing views. Good to hear you enjoyed Afternoon Tea and your Restaurant dining in our smart and stylish Grill Room.

Your appreciation of the spa treatments have been passed on to my Spa Manager and we look forward to welcoming you back for more !

Steve Ogden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (824)
London
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was on the road with foreign speaker and I needed to entertain / give them a guided tour between speaking venues. I think it best described as ‘a working break’ for my North American client.

My client needed to be fairly handy for Bangor. Having asked colleagues for suggestions, this hotel was recommended to me by a friend. He’s stayed here half a dozen times and knew what I needed.

It is slightly challenging to find - my sat nav took me to the other side of the level crossing and then announced I was there.

You need the following additional information;

Turn left over the level crossing. At the roundabout turn right and follow the road along, and you’ll find The Quay Hotel on the right hand side.

There was plenty of lit free car parking and we were given a v. warm welcome by the Reception Manager. To my utter delight and glee we’d been upgraded to a suite. (That won me several brownie points with my client and certainly made me grin). After checking in, the Reception Manager showed us to our room. The personal touch was enjoyed.

The suite was massive and very much appreciated. It was sensibly and attractively furnished. My client was able to set up for an hour long conference call whilst I was able to get on with my work in a different part of the room. The free WiFi was fast and efficient.

We are both frequent travellers and having access to free WiFi that effectively and efficiently works is fundamental to our jobs. And I hate being charged for WiFi, especially when it doesn’t work. (Approx. one month ago both of us had serious issues with the WiFi in the Las Vegas hotel we’d stayed in. It impacted on our work in a negative manner and meant that we returned to our respective offices with a ugly amount of work and horrendous deadlines). The WiFi performance at The Quay meant that we were both able to get stuff done with no mess or fuss.

Once the Conference Call has been completed we high tailed it down to the reasonably sized pool for a quick swim. The spa has a sauna, a steam room, a Jacuzzi and a pool. Immaculate facilities. I returned to the room having had the cares of the world removed from my shoulders.

We ate out in Conwy. My client wanted to see some of the local area.

Breakfast the following morning was buffet style. Again proper mushrooms. ☺. A good choice of breads, pastries, fruit, yoghurt etc. We were once again late for breakfast – that winning combination of jet lag, working late into the night after we’d returned from dinner, and event management exhaustion. Our late arrival was not an issue with the staff and we were not actively persuaded to leave. Little things make such a huge difference.

The breakfast is served in a room overlooking the estuary and the mountains. They looked particularly glorious that morning and hugely tempting. However we both needed to be in Warwickshire by early afternoon for a speaking engagement, so it was not to be.

My client arranged for one of his local colleagues to join us at breakfast (she had a cup of coffee whilst we ate). She knew The Quay and had recently held an event there and recommended it.

Would I come back? For sure. This is a stunning venue, and on the strength of that I’ve seen, experienced and heard I am now wondering how I can bring an event here in the future.

This is the perfect location for a romantic break, business, couples, family and solo travellers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your very kind compliments following your recent business trip to the Quay. I am delighted your client was also impressed by our fabulous location, excellent facilities and great breakfast. Good to know that you were able to continue your business, via our WFI and the visit was a great success.

Do come and see us again, whether for a corporate event, or for a leisure break and take time to get to know the delights of our corner of North Wales - stunning scenery, wonderful food and a great welcome!

Thank you or your recommendations.

flintshire,
Reviewed December 6, 2012

recently stayed at this beautiful hotel , in its wonderful location for my partners 50th birthday.
the hotel itself is lovely, comforable and very inviting, a great place to relax and unwind. the evening meal we had in the restaurant was one of the best we have had. the quality and flavors in the food were amazing , breakfast was the same and here is clearly an emphasis placed on quality and service across the board.
Particular thanks go to Natasha at recepion although to be fair every one was great during our stay.
Just one point I wolud like to recommend and thats for the pool to be warmer and sort any issues with he heating pump service the sauna and steam rooms.
Overall a great trip and I will definatly be going again,

Anne

Room Tip: higher floors seem to have the larger rooms
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous remarks following your recent stay to celebrate your partners' "special" birthday. So pleased to know that you enjoyed our lovely hotel and found it a great place to unwind and relax whilst inhdulging in good quality food with quality service.

Your valued feedback regading the pool temperature is noted and much appreciated.

Your kind words have been forwarded on to Natasha and the team and I look forward to welcominmg you back in that promised return visit.

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We paid a visit here for my sisters 50th Birthday weekend....we had a fantastic couple of days, the location of the hotel on the estuary affords the most amazing views, and is walking distance into Conway via a pleasant shore side walk.

The rooms are sumptuous, well equipped and spotless. We had a ground floor executive room which had a large garden terrace with garden furniture and the most amazing view.

We had dinner in a private function room on the first night and joined the Bee Gees tribute night which included dinner again on the second night. The food was of a high standard and the service was good with a fabulous choice for breakfast.

All in all can't fault this hotel and will definitely be returning! And only just over an hours drive from Manchester but a world away!

Room Tip: We paid extra and had an estuary view, which we thought was worth it. Other rooms have a marina view...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for much for your generous feedback regarding your birthday weekend with us last October. I am so pleaased you had a fantastic couple of days, appreciating our fabulous location, amazing views, sumptuous rooms, great food and service.

Your kind words have been forwarded on to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion - remember how easy it is to be a "world away" from the city!

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The food is expensive and when I went there for a meal a few months ago i was surprised with the small portions i was given for the price I had paid for the meal. I ordered pate for a starter and the bread wasnt even toasted and little pate served. Also the food took a while to arrive. Very clean area though and lovely scenic views,nice for sitting outside during nice weather

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nerysjones
Dear Guest
Thank you for your valued feedback following your visit to us last June, I would be interested to know your balanced comments from the entire meal? I’m guessing you joined us for Sunday lunch or our Tenner feast menu back in June. I do apologise for the disappointment experienced and would welcome you to contact me directly at the hotel so we can discuss your experience.
Good to know you enjoyed our stunning location and the scenic views, which can be appreciated at all times of the year, but summer on the terrace is not to be missed!

Kind regards
General Manger
Newark
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

The only hotel I would pay over £100 for in the UK. The staff could be a bit more friendly but they are all young and I obviously didn't look rich enough to grovel up to or they where too busy gossiping.

• Stayed October 2012
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments regardi9ng your visit to the Quay Hotel, but sorry to hear that you felt my staff could be more friendly. As you will gather from other postings, we seem to score highly on our warm welcome and friendly staff. I am sorry you did not experience our usual high standards on this occasion and would assure you I have spoken to the team to ensure we continue to improve our offerings.

Thank you for your valued feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the "Best Hotel outside of the Middle East" !

Barmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at The Quay Hotel and Spa for my 30th Birthday with my partner and we had the most wonderful relaxing time.
We ordered champagne in our room on our arrival and it was brought to us in no time.
Our 4 course meal in the Restaurant was lovely, couldn't fault it and all staff were very attentive and welcoming.
We ordered our breakfast in our room both mornings and it was very very nice. You can choose what ever you want on the card supplied in the room. It was plentiful and piping hot.
We also enjoyed a couples Full Body massage in the Hotel's Spa which was an amazing experience. So relaxing and such a treat :)
The views around the Hotel are lovely and at night you can see Conwy castle lit up from the restaurant.
To sum up, this hotel has the wow factor in every way. All staff are lovely and make sure you have the best stay possible. I highly recommend this hotel, spa and restaurant and I can not wait to go back.
Best 2 night stay in a hotel I have ever had :)
Oh one more thing - Peter Andre stayed in the Hotel when we were there too!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Catrin N
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind comments following your recent 2 night stay at the Quay Hotel. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us, from arrival champagne, lovely Restaurant, attentive and welcoming staff, breakfast service and amazing body massages.

Good to know you will be returning and thank you for your recommemdations. Look forward to welcoming you back on the next occasion.

Many congratulations on your recent birthday.

Steve Ogden
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deganwy
Castle Hotel
#1 of 5 in Menai Bridge
St. George's Hotel
St. George's Hotel
#17 of 60 in Llandudno

Been to The Quay Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!