The Quay Hotel & Spa
$143
$362
$337
Agoda.com
The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
$117
Evans Hotel(Llandudno)
Hydro Hotel(Llandudno)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Bay Marine Hotel(Llandudno)
Hotels.com
Swn Y Mor Hotel(Llandudno)
The Oasis(Llandudno)
  • Breakfast included
2,871 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suitesauna and steam roomrelaxation roomleisure facilitiesmodern hotelafternoon teanorth walesoverlooking the marinathe ground floorlovely locationevening meallarge bathroombirthday treatrestaurant stafffirst class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Having booked this hotel for its restaurant and the views I wasn't disappointed. The food both in the evening and at breakfast was excellent but it was slightly odd that we couldn't order dinner in the bar while having a drink and had to go into the restaurant. The food and wine were both to a high standard. Enjoyed the addition of table service at breakfast. The Suite over looked the Quay which was stunning and it was quiet but did need dressing rooms were very corporate. Very helpful staff much needed relaxing break. Great location to explore and easy to find.

Room Tip: Choose a Suite overlooking the Quay great views
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great feedback, good to know we didn't disappoint. Delighted you enjoyed excellent food and service of high standard, stunningivews from your Suite and relaxing ambience for your short break.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future - there is muhc more of North Wales to explore!

Kind regards

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have just returned from a much to short stay at the Quay.
The visit was a present from a friend for our 40th wedding anniversary and what a present it turned out to be.
From walking in to the reception to sadly leaving we found everything much to our satisfaction.
The staff were ever so friendly with nothing to much trouble and did there upmost to make our stay memorable.
We had excellent meals in the Grill restaurant with all the staff being so attentive and helpful.
We will be recommending the hotel to our friends and family so they may also share our experience.
A big thank you to all the staff we had the opportunity to meet and we hope to see you again soon.
Cheers

Room Tip: We had an upgrade to a suite which we found to be very good overlooking the river with a castle view. This was a first floor location which was very quiet and had the sun shining on to the balcony for the whole day.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests

Thank you for your kind compliments following your recent celebratory stay at the Quay Hotel. I am so pleased that my staff offered friendly, attentive service and your meals in the Grill Room were excellent.

It is regrettable that you could not stay longer, but perhaps next time !

Many congratulations on your 40th Wedding Anniversary and I look forward to welcoming youo back in the near future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My friend & I came on a birthday treat through Travelzoo. The disabled access room was fabulous with estuary views. Very clean - very important! The staff were lovely & friendly, and made a real effort to make us feel welcome. The food in the restaurant was exceptional, and we spoke to Lyn the head chef to say how much we had enjoyed the meal - and we are very discerning "foodies"! I was also impressed that the chef was able to provide a lovely fruit plate for my dessert as I am diabetic. The hydrotherapy pool was great, and we made the most of it. We will definitely come again, in fact we have a spa day voucher to use! I cannot understand the views some express, as we found this to be a very special experience, and the staff very helpful. If I was to find a tiny fault, it would be to say the plates for breakfast were cold, so the food cooled rapidly - but the gorgeous smoked haddock made up for it!

Room Tip: Overlooking the estuary, marina & castle.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind compliments folloiwng your recent birthday treat visit to the Quay Hotel. It is good to know that the disabled access room was fabulous and you enjoyed the stunning views, exceptional food and lovely friendly service from my staff.

I do apologise that the breakfast plates could have been hotter, I have spoken to my Executive Chef to resolve this issue. So pleased that the haddock was obviously very much appreciated.

Thank you for your recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when you use your Spa Voucher.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We recently went to the quay to celebrate a ruby wedding anniversary.

It was Sunday lunchtime and had the normal menu in the restaurant.

Absolutely exceptional. I've had thinner steaks before now than the slices of roast beef they served up, the food was sensational. The staff were excellent, just the right balance of being attentive and letting you be on your own. They've certainly been shown the difference between serving in a high class hotel and working in a normal restaurant.

The couple who's anniversary it was couldn't have been happier which says it all.

First class, well done to the quay!

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your geneours compliments folloiwng thet celebratorym Sunday Lunch you attended, Delighted to know that you all enjoyed the "snesational" food and my staff were attentive and helpful.

I am so plesed to hear that the couple celebrating their ruby wedding couldn't have been happier.

I look forward to welcoming you back on aother occasion.

Steve Ogen

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here on a recent business trip and the hotel was very good. Friendly service on arrival and quickly checked in. Room was very nice and really spacious and very well appointed. Nice view from the balcony over the marina. Bed very comfy and hotel seemed quiet after dark despite being very busy. (No creaky floorboards, doors slamming or being able to hear next doors toilet flushing like you get in some hotels.)

Onto the restaurant and have to say it is incredibly pretencious and massively overpriced for what you get, almost to the point that I'm embarassed to have to try and justify the costs on my business expenses when I claim them back. I paid £16 (which I'd expect to pay for a steak) for a curry which amounted to little more than a microwave meal and I'm sorry but £4.50 for a bottle of real ale is scandalous especially when its a local brew. A bit of advice would be to spend less money on presenting the food in those pointless wire baskets or slate stone plates and reduce the prices or up the portion sizes.

Others in our group had smilar complaints, small portions, huge mark up and really poor value for money, steaks not cooked to order. Two peoples orders were messed up and no one dared try the pea soup slop that came with the fish and chips that hinted at possibly being mushy peas. A couple of peoples portions were so small they asked for a side of chips but didn't expect to get what essentially amounted to a single potato, split into four, fried and then stacked to look like Stonehenge.

On the plus side those of us who were still hungry and wanted pudding got the five piece cheese board despite asking for the three piece as the chef was feeling generous. Even then we had to ask for extra crackers and butter as the portions were so stingy.

Breakfast was very good although as with all buffet breakfasts most of it was cold but you come to expect that when it is not cooked to order. Fresh cafatiere coffee though which is always a bonus in hotels and freshly squeezed orange juice was a nice start to a long business day.

Didn't try the spa but hoping to next time as it looked very nice from the pictures.

All in all very good but I concur with a lot of the other comments on here about the food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your valued feedback following your recent business trip to the Quay Hotel. Good to know you enjoyed the friendly service and spacious, well appointed hotel facilities.

I am sorry however, that you felt our food offering to be overpriced and did not reach expectations. I would have appreciated you discussing you and your parties disappointments at the time of your stay so we’ve given the opportunity to make amends. The local Ales are priced in accordance with recommended prices taking in account VAT, Government Duty and our margin. These beers are produced locally from the Great Orme brewery and are costly to produce hence our selling price. Generally our comments regarding the food are very complimentary, we use different ways to present our food to create the wow when the food is presented, I’m very sorry to hear you didn’t appreciate this nor the portion sizes. I will certainly discuss your comments with my kitchen team to help improve the quality and service we offer. Your appreciation of breakfast is very welcome and great to hear it was a good start for your long working day.

I note you will be returning and would recommend that you try the Q Spa experience – very relaxing after a long day! When you have a date in mind for your next visit, do contact me directly, so I can personally look after your reservation and ensure a much improved dining experience.