3,025 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suiterelaxation roomsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesmodern hoteloverlooking the marinanorth walesthe ground floorevening mealbirthday treatlarge bathroomrestaurant stafffirst classrelaxing breakfollowing morning
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Me and my husband decided to stay one night in the penthouse suite a bit expensive but so worth it. It's a huge suite with a jacuzzi bath with tv in wall big enough for both of us. It's the best room in hotel with stunning views. We had a meal in the restaurant, 4 course, and it was prob the best we have ever had. Great service by all from the reception, bar, restaurant, spa, can not fault it. We were gutted to leave so booked another night in same room. You only live once. Will def be back and can not wait. A little bit of heaven.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was delighted to know of your appreciation of our Penthouse with jacuzzi bath and TV in the bathroom, our wonderful restaurant offering and great service from all departments.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another bit of heaven !

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We were only in Llandudno for one night and needed somewhere pleasant to stay after what was a very trying day. On first entering reception it was apparent that this place was a bit special and this impression was maintained throughout our stay . Our room although a standard was enormous and we particularly liked the balcony and the views this afforded .We were lucky in that our stay coincided with a beautiful Friday evening and after using the leisure facilities we were able to have drinks on the terrace and soak in the wonderful views of the estuary and hills before dinner. Despite the bar and restaurant being busy we were comfortably seated and served by the very friendly staff and the meal did not disappoint. .
The hotel although modern has a real comfortable feel and the location and views are amazing All of the staff from reception, to bar / restaurant , leisure complex and even the cleaners were so friendly and helped to make our brief stay special . We wished we could have stayed longer and are already planning a week end break at the Quay later in the year

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent one night stay with us. I was so pleased to know that after a trying day the Quay Hotel was able to provide the relxed haven you needed,

It is good to hear how much you enjoyed your room with stunning estuary and castle views, our restaurant offering and how much your appreciated our friendly staff.

Look forward to welcoming you back for that planned weekend visit later in the year,

Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I own and run a Guest House so when we get the rare chance to escape for a night we know exactly what we are looking for. And I have to say that The Quay delivered just about everything we wanted.
We didn't find it hard to find and first impressions were good - a great reception space and smiling receptionists who made us even happier by offering us an upgrade to a suite. It was huge - more space than our own flat in our own place! Modern-neutral decorations and a few nice touches made it a good space to be in, and the terrace overlooking the estuary was the icing on the cake. We had booked spa treatments and first of all spent some time in the leisure complex - nice pool, steam room and sauna, bizarre 'jacuzzi' (ditch it and put a proper one in please) - then it was time for an excellent massage. I thought the treatment prices were good too which was a bonus.
We had booked a dinner, bed and breakfast package and on the whole enjoyed the meal thoroughly. The style is contemporary and up-market, with prices to match, and most of the time the ambition of the kitchen was matched by it's delivery. I think we were unlucky as the service was not great - we were forgotten both as we waited for the dinner menu and pre-meal drinks, and again at breakfast when we had to ask to place our order, however most other people were being served efficiently so I think it was just one of those things. My only comment about the food is that for the prices charged there really should be some vegetables included with the main courses. We had the lamb dish which was excellent, but was basically meat with some mushrooms. Whilst it tasted great, it needed some greens to balance the dish and asking me to pay a further £3.45 is so last year... It's like charging for wi-fi, (which incidentally was free but patchy in our room).
Overall we enjoyed our stay very much. We liked the ambience of The Quay and it's décor and felt thoroughly refreshed after our stay, albeit somewhat poorer.
We would happily stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your complimentary and helpful feedback on your recent stay, As fellow professionals in the hospitality industry, your understanding of expecations is evident.

Delighted to know the location and my staff created a great impression and your appreciation of our decor and ambience is very much valued.

I would mention that the hydrotherapty pool in the swimming area is not actually a "jaccuzi", however consideration maybe given to providing a jaccuzi in future plans. Your observations regarding the slow service and vegetables with dinner will be discussed with my Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to help improve the quality and service we offer.

I was pleased that you felt thoroughly refreshed after your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

We found this hotel on the Internet & booked directly with the hotel. The whole experience was fantastic from arriving to departing. The staff are brilliant nothing is too much trouble. Our room was very nice & a lovely view of the marina. Bar food very nice & the restaurant food excellent. We would definitely recommend this hotel & will visit again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your posting in respect of your visit to the Quay earlier in June. Delighted to know the whole experience was fantastic for you and that my staff were brilliant! Your kind words regarding our food and the restaurant have been forwarded on to the relevant teams.

Thank you for your recommendations and look forward to welcoming you back for your return visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I don't normally write reviews but on this occasion i felt i had to, i am still here with my friend, we came for a 2 night spa break. The Quay Hotel is one of the best i've had the pleasure to stay in, the room is lovely, The food was excellent and the Spa treatments were amazing, best part are the people who work here, especially the restaurant staff who were really friendly. I can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen110267

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for posting your complimentary comments regarding your recent visit to the Quay Hotel, particularly as you "don't usually write reviews"

I was delighted to hear that you felt the Quay was one of the best hotels you haveever stayed in, with excellent food and my very special team of friendly helpful staff.

Good to know you can't wait to return and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.