3,024 results
All reviewsconwy castlecupcakespenthouse suiterelaxation roomsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesmodern hoteloverlooking the marinanorth walesthe ground floorevening mealbirthday treatlarge bathroomrestaurant stafffirst classrelaxing breakfollowing morning
Reviewed April 29, 2012

What an amazing hotel!!! The customer service was excellent from the moment we enquired about booking to checking out. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and paid more than we would usually for a room, however it was worth every single penny - the staff even left us a congratulations card which was very kind. The room was immaculately clean, tidy and modern. The bathroom was fantastic and jacuzzi bath was an excellent feature. The view from our balcony was breathtaking, and there were more balconies with similar views. The entire hotel is well maintained and up to date, feeling very much like a five star experience.

We also used the spa facilities, pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. We also had treatments in a double room for honeymooners, which I would definitely recommend.

We ordered room service for breakfast on our first morning, which was reasonably priced, with plenty of choice and arrived hot! My only point for improvement is the food at the Grill Room restaurant. Unfortunately this did not meet the same standard as the rest of the hotel, the food we ordered for breakfast did not arrive, eggs were raw etc. However staff were helpful etc. I would recommend Watson's Bistro in Conwy which was excellent.

Will definitely be returning, and recommending to friends, but will be trying a normal suite!!

Stayed: April 2012
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your generous observations and kind word regarding our customer service and hotel facilities. Delighted to know of your appreciation of our fabulous location and views from your balcony. I do apologiese that breakfast in the Grill Room as not as perfect as would have wished and I would assure you that your comments have been forwarded on to the team to ensure we continue to develop and improve the quality and service levels.

Thank you for your recommendations to friends and we look forward to seeing you again on another occasion - you can never have too many "mini moons"!!

Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for just one night at this hotel as had a flying visit to north Wales. The hotel is set in a beautiful position over looking the Quay and Conwy castle.
In our party, one of us had a slightly more expensive but worth it view with a terrace - myself and another family member both had double rooms over looking the courtyard. All very clean rooms and spacious with lovely bathrooms. After unpacking we headed to the bar, very nice and relaxing, but sadly the drink prices were extremely over priced. I ordered a glass of Shiraz without looking at the bar menu and was charged over £8! There were slightly less expensive wines by the glass which were just as good and recommended by our lovely waitress. We were all quite tired and if we hadn't felt we were being over charged we would have stayed in the bar area and then onto the restaurant but instead headed off to Conwy. A lovely pretty town with plenty of nice pubs and restaurants. We ate at an Indian, I think it was called the Raj, not much to look at on the inside or out, but great food and service. We all slept well and as we didn't have breakfast included in our rooms, enquired about that. It was over £14 per person but we were hungry and went for it. It was quite formal, we prefer hot self service buffets. The breakfast was good, we all had a full welsh breakfast, but half of it was cold. Definitely not worth the amount they charge. Wish we had, had the time to take advantage of the pool, it did look great. So would we return? Yes perhaps, as you do get lovely rooms but the over pricing no matter what your budget is off putting.

• Stayed: April 2012
Steve O, General Manager at The Quay Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you for your generous comments following your recent flying visit, I was delighted to note your appreciation of our setting, overlooking Conwy Castle, and our clean and spacious lovely bedrooms.

Your constructive feedback regarding our bar prices is also welcome and I would assure you that I will be discussing your observations with my Bars Manager and also speaking to my Exec Head Chef and Restaurant Manager regarding breakfast service. It is only through guests taking the time to inform me of their experiences that we can then address and resolve certain elements to ensure we continue to develop and improve our quality and service.
I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in North Wales – perhaps we can persuade you to stay a little longer and really enjoy our stunning location and wonderful facilities.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Impressive hotel from all aspects.It sits in a beautiful location on the Conway estuary with wonderful views from the estuary facing rooms,which ours was.Our room ( a suite actually)was spotless and to a high spec.The evening meal was delicious,the staff serving it all with care and flair! Breakfast was equally as good. We really enjoyed using the pool and spa facilities which felt like a real treat.I received a birthday card on arrival and was wished 'happy birthday'by staff which was lovely.
One of the best hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The customer is king in the hotel. The staff have been trained very well and nothing was too much of a problem for me. I was made to feel very welcome and valued as a customer!
The rooms were of a very high standard and spotless.
Lovely evening meal and a great cooked breakfast

Stayed: April 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your great customer feedback, so pleased to note your appreciation of our customer care training and my team ensured you a warm welcome and excellent service.

Delighted to know you enjoyed your evening meal; amd great cooked breakfast, plus a high standard of spotless rooms.

Look forward to welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Having a 6 month old little boy we were restricted where we could go for a short honeymoon break not too far from our parents (the babysitters!) We came across The Quay Hotel and on calling them were given a package for a honeymoon break. This was in the penthouse suite for 2 nights, the first night included a bottle of champagne and chocolates, however this was paid by supplement.
On arrival the reception staff were really friendly and helpful and we were actually taken to our suite which I thought was a lovely touch.
The suite was really nice, with a lovely balcony and amazing views across the estuary, mountains and Conwy Castle. One minor disappointment was that we didn't have a spa bath as described on the website but this didn't ruin our stay, just would have been a nice extra touch.
Breakfast was served to us in out suite and it was of an outstanding quality and huge!! DELICIOUS!
We ate in the hotel restaurant on the first evening. The staff were excellent especially the Spanish waiter who was so friendly and helpful. The food was lovely although I'd say a little greasy tasting, I did see the chef add oil from a chip sieve into the drizzle sauce and this could be tasted when I had my main dish.
The second evening we ate in the bar however the food obviously came from the same kitchen and was of the same great standard as the main restaurant.
Overall our stay at The Quay was enjoyable and relaxing. the only thing we felt let it down...maybe I was expecting too much... but I was hoping to feel a little bit treated as it was our honeymoon and the hotel were aware of this. We paid alot of money for a 2 night stay in the penthouse suite yet had to pay for newspapers, breakfast in the room and the champagne and chocolates and maybe something small complimentary would have made our stay just that little bit more special.
I would like to add after reading previous reviews that The Quay Hotel is set across the estuary from Conwy but is by no means far to walk! We did on both days and it took about 20 minutes via a lovely footpath alongside the estuary. The hotel is in a lovely location where you can have a lovely relaxing break.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Newlyweds

Thank you for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback, we are delighted that you enjoyed your honeymoon break, appreciating the extra touches of being excorted to your Penrhouse, fabulous views and delicious breakfasts. Your constructive comments regarding the Restaurant are much appreciated and have been forwarded on to Damien, Spainish waiter and to our Exec Head Chef.

May I send you my congratulations once again, on your recent marriage and look forward to welcoming you back another time.