“had a sixth sense”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had a sixth sense about this restaurant before we walked in as the waiter was standing in the main entrance smoking.
The restaurant itself is nicely decorated with a Thai scheme but found the ambience let the place down somewhat. Would have been a bit more authentic with some Thai music instead of UK pop and a Thai waiter/ess would also have been nicer. Small issues really but it really would enhance the feeling of the place.

The food itself, whilst nice for North Wales standards, wouldn"t compare with similar establishments elsewhere. The food had a more Chinese influence rather than Thai which is often the case in these parts.

Service somewhat erratic and not much attention paid to the needs of the guests. Waited a very long time to pay, and given the place was pretty empty we should have really had his full attention.

Was really looking forward to trying this restaurant but dont think I will be rushing back anytime soon im afraid.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

It was a bank holiday weekend when the three of us visited so we were lucky to get a table. I tried four times during the day to book a table by phone but had no confirmation that the table was available. We had to make do with a table near the bar which was a little noisy for my liking and would have preferred a table upstairs but we had a disabled person with us so that was out of the question as there is no lift. The food was great and the portions very good and the price was very fair indeed so for that reason we will try again but next time a table upstairs please.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were staying at the quay hotel & spa in Deganwyn and were looking for somewhere nice to eat outside the hotel.

The quick review....
Lovely food, friendly service, mains + wine + side for £44
They flexed the menu for us making a beef dish with tofu for me.
If in the deganwyn again, we'd revisit
Next door to Nikki ips and just up the road from French bistro.
It's not in central Llandudno as could be imied

For more details read on...

We found some great options on TA and got a few local recommendations and went for the "lets walk there" option which kept us in Deganwyn (see mulberry review for our "taxi there" option)

We love Thai so chose Sixth Sense and walked up along what I think is the main road which runs along the railway for 10 mins, passing the French bistro and next door is Nikki Ips

Having walked in to Sixth Sense, we were greeted nicely and there was one other table of 4 in there on a wed night.

Service was friendly and food served at a nice pace. The menu had a wide range of dishes and drinks

We got chatting to the manager who was restaurant sitting with her husband who was in the kitchen, so the service could be different.

Overall lovely atmosphere, good and wine. If in doubt walk up and have a look as other places nearby

Hope this has been helpful, if so please click yes :-)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A good selection on the menu but a mix of Oriental and Thai always rings alarm bells.
Portions were good and the starter plus main for £15 is good value.
Overall it was pretty good but not on a parr with some thai meals we've eaten elsewhere, including the Wild Orchid which was once here.
Worth a visit but doubt we'd go back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went here for a meal with my boyfriend. They had a 2 courses for £15 option. I foolishly chose the main and pudding whilst my wise boyfriend chose a starter and main. The starter was lovely chicken wings in a very light batter. Both are mains were tasty but definitly more chinese food than thai. Less fresh ingredients and without the thai spicing I would expect. Only one waitress who was a bit rushed off her feet but very helpful. My pudding was chosen from a list of only 3 options; ice cream, ice cream and chocolate pudding or pineapple fritters. I went for the choc pudding and ice cream. It was awful and was obviously from the supermarket and had been cremated in the microwave. Drinks expensive. Won't rush back here.