“Lovely meal in walking distance”
Review of Thai Sixth Sense - CLOSED

Thai Sixth Sense
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were staying at the quay hotel & spa in Deganwyn and were looking for somewhere nice to eat outside the hotel.

The quick review....
Lovely food, friendly service, mains + wine + side for £44
They flexed the menu for us making a beef dish with tofu for me.
If in the deganwyn again, we'd revisit
Next door to Nikki ips and just up the road from French bistro.
It's not in central Llandudno as could be imied

For more details read on...

We found some great options on TA and got a few local recommendations and went for the "lets walk there" option which kept us in Deganwyn (see mulberry review for our "taxi there" option)

We love Thai so chose Sixth Sense and walked up along what I think is the main road which runs along the railway for 10 mins, passing the French bistro and next door is Nikki Ips

Having walked in to Sixth Sense, we were greeted nicely and there was one other table of 4 in there on a wed night.

Service was friendly and food served at a nice pace. The menu had a wide range of dishes and drinks

We got chatting to the manager who was restaurant sitting with her husband who was in the kitchen, so the service could be different.

Overall lovely atmosphere, good and wine. If in doubt walk up and have a look as other places nearby

Hope this has been helpful, if so please click yes :-)

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A good selection on the menu but a mix of Oriental and Thai always rings alarm bells.
Portions were good and the starter plus main for £15 is good value.
Overall it was pretty good but not on a parr with some thai meals we've eaten elsewhere, including the Wild Orchid which was once here.
Worth a visit but doubt we'd go back.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Went here for a meal with my boyfriend. They had a 2 courses for £15 option. I foolishly chose the main and pudding whilst my wise boyfriend chose a starter and main. The starter was lovely chicken wings in a very light batter. Both are mains were tasty but definitly more chinese food than thai. Less fresh ingredients and without the thai spicing I would expect. Only one waitress who was a bit rushed off her feet but very helpful. My pudding was chosen from a list of only 3 options; ice cream, ice cream and chocolate pudding or pineapple fritters. I went for the choc pudding and ice cream. It was awful and was obviously from the supermarket and had been cremated in the microwave. Drinks expensive. Won't rush back here.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was treated to a meal here for my birthday.

The first no-no was ordering a pot of jasmine tea and finding it was a tea bag.

The mixed starters were good and they were happy to increase the portions for extra numbers, which isn't always the case.

One of our group ordered the sea bass with lime and chilli - we all sampled it and it was delicious. However, my duck was awful - the meat was completely dry (another in the group had the same meal and that was dry too).

The dessert menu had no Thai options - not a coconut to be seen!

The service was very good, but then it wasn't very busy - especially for a Saturday night.

I definitely wouldn't pay to return, and if someone else offers to take me I would suggest going to Nikki Ips, a few doors away, instead.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I really wanted this place to wow me based on the reviews. Unfortunatley it was only average and a bit pricey for the area. Food was well prepared (Chicken Bang Kok and Chicken and Cashews) - well cooked, fresh and reasonable portions but was more Chinese than Thai. Can recommend the Spare Ribs. Desert selection was poor(the lady who does them was away) and they brought the wrong main course for my wife. Had the restaurant been full when we ordered, I could accept the error but we were the only people in the restaurant. It was also very cold in the restaurant.

May go again.