“Unforgetable”
Review of Felbrigg Lodge

Felbrigg Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Aylmerton B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Having spent a couple of days here in feb this year we decided to come back and celebrate my birthday along with 12 friends and family.Every room is different and ful of character, our friends loved everthing about this magical place, Deedee and Phil couldn't have been more helpful nothing is too much trouble and phil obviously enjoys catering as the 2 celebration meals that we chose with him were great, the pool and hot tub were used by some of the party and rated highly.
Thank you so much both of you for making it a birthday to remember
Christine and Mike

Room Tip: would be happy to stay in any of the rooms !
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

It was a good couple of days wasnt it!. I am sure you must of all gone home a couple of pounds heavier ha ha especially after the Italian Evening .... and its not even Christmas yet. Special birthdays come but once in a lifetime and we wanted to ensure you had a memorable time.Please send me a couple of your pictures so we can put them on the website. So pleased we did what we say we do on the can....Your friends and family are delightful and as many said they would be returning , we can do it again.
Until next time we all at Felbrigg Lodge wish you all the very best 2013
DeeDee

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I took my girlfriend away for a weekend to celebrate our anniversary and to get away from London. I was looking forward to a relaxing stress free time, but had no idea just how horizontal I'd feel after this experience.

We stayed in the Nest, and had a whole house to ourself. With the most comfy sofas and a roaring open fire, you can spend the evening not hearing anything but nature and the occasional clink of a wine glass.

Sarah, the on site beautician/masseuse was wonderful and very reasonably priced. The owners, Dee and Philip were overly helpful and friendly.

All in all, a wonderful little retreat that I secretly hope stays secret so I can use the Nest again...

Robert

• Stayed: November 2012
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

So glad the trip had the desired effect. We are so lucky having Sarah as our therapist, she is very qualified and experienced and is loved by all who meet her...Hope to see you both again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

totally brilliant, on arrival was served 'Tea' all I can say is try to resist eating it all unless you have'nt eaten for a week , because if you have booked to eat dinner there is no way you will be able to do justice to it and it deserves to be fully appreciated. We are staying (stayed) in Tamarisk Suite which in itself amazing bed is so comfortable, the towels have got to be the best I have EVER used in a hotel, good quality poducts in the bathroom and the complemetary tea coffee & water all good stuff! and as for Brekfast we really did not need to eat lunch . The host's Phil & Dee make you feel welcome and you just know that what ever your hearts desire is they will go that extra mile to provide it. All this and beautiful surroundings. If you want to stay in the best B&B in Norfolk come here.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Ah we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay...The homemade scones and Phils great Tea bread recipe hits the spot doesn't it. last week Phil had to make some for the guest to take home. Its great with Cheese and Biscuits and with a glass of port.
Hope to see you again in the new year.
Have a great Christmas and enjoy what 2013 has in store

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My dad booked this For my mums birthday celebration. It was an absolutely fantastic and we really enjoyed the location and facilities and the beautiful countryside surrounding it. I am gluten free and phil cooked a fantastic dinner and beautiful gluten-free scones especially for me. We really enjoyed nipping into the pool just our family, very secluded. It is only 10 minutes or so to our favourite beach, West Runton so a great location to use as a base. The breakfast was delicious I looked forward to going everyday. We hope to return again soon…

• Stayed: October 2012
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

I was delighted when I read your review that you had enjoyed your mums Suprise birthday party.
I love it when I get the opportunity to meet previous guests families and I can put a face to the names that I hear so much about....
IT always lifts staff morale to read all the positive things people say and to know all their hard work is appreciated.
We all at Felbrigg Lodge look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I chose The Felbrigg Lodge Hotel because it was near Cromer, but not too near. We wanted to explore the area, having seen the south east coast on previous trips. We were not disappointed, the accommodation was great, the breakfast was very filling and we couldn't have wanted more in our room. We stayed in Briar, the tea and coffee was abundantly supplied, and the space was warm and cosy. We slept well and enjoyed looking at the steam trains at Sherringham, the seaside and small shops in Wells and the market in Fakenham.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Yes North Norfolk is a great place to step off the world for a while, and enjoy good old fashioned charm. Not the place to come if you want lots of night life, but if its wildlife, and quaintness then you have visited the right place. The Autumninal colours are spectacular at the moment.

Please come back and see us in the New Year. We have some exciting plans for 2013.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I chose Felbrigg Lodge Hotel for a surprise special birthday holiday for my wife having had a great stay there earlier in the year. It did not disappoint.

We had enjoyed staying in Oak Lodge so much that I decided whilst we were there last time to book it again for my wife's milestone birthday. Dee and Phil were so helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

I booked the Oak again for us and the Nest for all three of our children with their other halves and our 2 ŷear old granddaughter. I set out a timetable for the big surprise afternoon tea party and it was just perfect. 2 of our children are Ceoliac and Phil even baked wheat free scones and bread for them (they were the best we have ever tasted).

In the evening we were served a private dinner in the Nest and my wife's favourite dish (sea bass), was put on the menu as I requested. The luxury of being served a five course dinner in our accomodation, with pre-dinner champagne, our choice of wine and a perfect vintage port to go with the local cheeses made it so special.

This was the first time our family had visited FLH, but they loved it. Such a wonderful location, warm friendly service, great food and unique, quality accommodation. The wood burning stoves made a late night family chat enchanting.

We stayed four nights and our children two nights. It was all over too soon and we plan to return for a restful stay next year. We cannot recommend this hotel too highly. It is not five star, but it is very, very well appointed in a special and unique location.

Hope this is helpful and balances some of the odd reviews recently posted.

Room Tip: The Oak is amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Felbrigg, Owner at Felbrigg Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

We are so pleased the party exceeded your expectations.It is always lovely when guests return and even better when they bring friends and family. We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I realise my earlier review sounded very damning, but I feel very strongly that guests should be made clearly aware of exactly what standards they will be getting when they are paying a lot of money for supposedly luxury accomodation. Which is why I was so detailed in my honest descriptions.

The reason I didn't raise any objections at the time of staying was purely because I didn't want to hurt my husband's feelings by expressing how disappointed I was in the low levels of cleanliness, and the dated decor. He had worked hard to make this a surprise for me, and I didn't have the heart to make a fuss.

I fully accept that for many guests, clearly Fellbrigg Lodge is a special place and they enjoy their stay, hugely.

However, for more discerning guests who are familiar with genuinely luxury, boutique hotels they should be advised to give Fellbrigg Lodge a wide berth. Genuinely luxury, boutique hotels simply don't have stained carpets, or sun-bleached soft furnishings or nylon cellular blankets on the beds. They just don't.

Genuinely luxury boutique spas, don'tcome fitted with B&Q hot-tubs, or cheap, green nylon carpeting in the changing area. They just don't.

By all means, DeeDee & Phil should promote Fellbrigg Lodge as a tranquil, lodge style hotel - the setting is idyllic and very peaceful. But they insult the intelligence of experienced travellers when they try and insist their lodges are 'luxury boutique style'.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank LalaLoopsy

We fully appreciate we will not win with all our guests all the time .However it is quite clear from the majority of reviews that we satisfy most of our guests most of the time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aylmerton
Cromer Country Club
The Dales Country House Hotel
Beechwood Hotel
Beechwood Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Walsham

Been to Felbrigg Lodge? Share your experiences!