“A great out of city Italian”
Review of Gigi's Restaurant

Gigi's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Bonnyrigg
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family run Italian restaurant that works hard to give the locals the very best in Italian cuisine. With a proven record of quality, we show off many of our accolades as soon as you walk through the front door. It doesn't end there. With great food comes world class customer service.. Sceptical? Come try us out for yourself!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten here on several occasions. Gigi's has a warm and friendly atmosphere (can be a little noisy for some at busy times) and is a lively restaurant. The food is authentically Italian and its menu is quite varied not only in food but in price. The wine we have had is genuine Italian wine, bottled and imported from Italy which we thought all adds to its authentic Italian atmosphere.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

had heard great reviews and was very disappointed.... myself and my partner agreed that the dishes we had were tasteless and infact tasted like they had come from the freeze and not freshly prepared. think we had high expectations from what others said but these were quickly dashed. The wines were lovely and service was great with very welcoming staff but overall not much atmosphere.... i personally wouldn't dine here again and i don't think the quality of food matches the prices. we had the lasagne and carbonara incase anyone wondered.

4  Thank linzi1989
gigisbonnyrigg, Owner at Gigi's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Hello and Thankyou for taking the time to review my restaurant.
I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the Lasagne and Spaghetti Carbonara.
These two dishes are our most popular pastas and we literally sell hundreds every week,and have never had any complaints.
More importantly,our pastas are definitely NOT frozen!They are freshly prepared by our experienced professional chefs,along with all our other popular dishes including fresh meat and fish.
My only explanation for you not enjoying your meal was because of an off-day or lack of enough seasoning.
If you were to return to Gigi's I would like you to visit our kitchen where you will be able to see for yourself how our dishes are prepared,showing you why Gigi's is so popular with our diners.
We take so much pride in our cuisine,in our authenticity, which is primarily the most important feature of a successful Italian restaurant.
Once again,Thankyou for your review.
Marisa and Luigi,owners.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I had lunch there today and it was excellent. The only problem is it has no or very limited parking. That said, the only slight fault was the cappuccino afterwards which was very weak and did not match the quality of the meal . The service was excellent and the restaurant itself is very well furnished and comfortable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

11 of us were at Gigi's on Saturday 5th April to celebrate the birthday's of my daughter Erin and my daughter-in-law Debra and we had an absolutely brilliant time.

Debra and my son David live in Bonnyrigg and had been to this restaurant a couple of times before but for the rest of the party it was a new experience and what an experience it was.

Welcomed into the restaurant by a lovely lady who right away made you feel as those you had chosen well.

Decor is really lovely with beautiful chandalier's on show.

Every member of staff who attended our table that night should be very proud of themselves as they could not do enough for us especially the waiter who appeared at the table while the girls were blowing out the sparkler candles on their birthday cakes with a fireman's hat on and an extinguisher. It was hilarious and added to the fun we were all having.

The food is exceptional with a very wide range of dishes on the menu all at a very decent price and a great cocktail menu.

I can't recommend Gigi's highly enough and although for most of us it was our first visit we were all of the opinion it would not be our last.

If you are in or around the Bonnyrigg area give this place a try.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I came across this restaurant by chance, after walking the length and breadth of this pretty nondescript town. We were blown away by the ambience from the word go. The staff were very friendly, the choice of food really good, the wine was beautiful. Staff were amiable and made us feel as though we were regular customers.
What a find! Cozze della casa were by far the best I've eaten, including those in Italy.
I am very fussy about rest Rooms, but they were a cut above. freh towels, lovely hand cream and beautiful decor.
We'll make a point of returning even though there's NOTHING else in the town. Well done!

1  Thank 251palestine251