My husband and I stayed here one night of our belated honeymoon trip to Scotland.
The exterior of the castle and the grounds are beautiful. There is a falconry on site with falcons, hawks and owls. You can pay extra to have a personal experience, or you can just walk down and see the birds and talk to the friendly and knowleable staff, which we did. The birds are beautiful.
The inside is really more hotel than castle, although there are some parts that are still quite authentic.
We were upgraded to a themed room - Victoria - and it was very nice. The room was large, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean and had nice amenities. We had a nice view of the grounds.
We had dinner in the Dungeonry, which was EXCELLENT. The decor/theming is very nice, the staff is excellent and the food was incredible. It's a prix fixe menu, but you have several choices. My only complaint is that the hotel tells you the price of the dinner, and then says "join us in the library for a drink prior to dinner, where we will take your order". Well, the drink wasn't very good, although it was accompanied by some nice snacks, and they charged us separately for it. In addition, they also charged us for water on the table. At the price we paid for diiner, which was already 6 pounds more than we had been quoted, these things perhaps could have been included.
Breakfast was average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel and Aqueous Spa is a magnificent 13th century fortress set within acres of wooded parkland on the picturesque banks of the River Esk. From the moment you arrive at Dalhousie Castle a warm Scottish welcome awaits. Whether relaxing in the the Spa, gathering in the library next to the open fire, dining in the vaulted 2 Rosette winning dungeon restaurant, or retiring to your chambers, you will always feel as welcome as the 'Laird'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dalhousie Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dalhousie Castle Bonnyrigg
- Dalhousie Castle Hotel Bonnyrigg
- Castle Dalhousie
- Dalhousie Castle Scotland/Bonnyrigg