“Beware your morning cuppa”
Review of Rothley Court

Rothley Court
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rothley
Reviewed March 4, 2014

You expect this sort of hotel to have decent sized and clean rooms, nice surroundings and a pretty decent restaurant and in this respect you will not be disappointed. The reception and waiting staff are very friendly and are attentive without being overbearing.

Our room in the annex was recently decorated and was nicely presented although in my view somewhat compact. My wife stays away regularly on business and recons that it had the worst mattress that she has (almost) slept on for a long time. A pity really as we learned later that others had recently been replaced.

The menu caters for most main stream tastes without being to exciting and together with a very reasonable priced wine list will provide an enjoyable meal. I was impressed by the willingness to reheat my meal (I'm a slow eater) and the fact that it was re-plated.

Now the warning.
The mugs provided in the room are supplied by "illy" and in my opinion are dangerous, especially if you are more mature, with less strength than you once had. Having made our morning tea, I put my finger into the handle, lifted the mug and promptly burnt my knuckles. It seems almost impossible to drink your beverage until it has cooled to luke warm.

This might seem a trivial thing to mention in an otherwise quite enjoyable stay, but if you are sitting in bed and get hot tea down your front, don't say you haven't been warned. The management have been advised of my concern, so I will await their and illy's response.

Room Tip: The main house has older but larger rooms but if you prefer a quiet stay (lots of wedding groups) op...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David B
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley court, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
I have passed on your comments regarding the Illy cups and will see what we can do and also will look at the mattress as we pride ourselves on having good mattresses.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just revisited following their refurb. Still a lovely place and the food is still good but only had lunch this time. All good prices and the staff lovely (especially Aleisha), it was busy and I think the head waitress (older woman) was stressed as she had a face like thunder and huffed n puffed a bit! The young girls (don't know the name of the other one with dark hair) are so polite and friendly. Will be going again in the evening to try the dinner menu so will post again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank lisa001Uk
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

I am glad that you enjoyed your meal with us and I am sure you will enjoy your evening meal with us in the future, I have spoken to the lady in question and asked her to smile a little more in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Just a one night stay here passing through, this hotel is bit of a throwback in terms of decor and some of the facilities, ( I struggled to get a mobile signal and 3G ).
However, the hotel was clean and tidy with friendly staff with a decent set menu in the restaurant and a good breakfast choice.
Because of the age of the building everything is a bit creaky and as I was in room 1 at the top of the stairs, so anyone who went past I soon knew about it.
My room was nice ( although a bit on the dark side) with a comfortable bed, bathroom was slightly strange as it had a full length, un frosted window right next to the toilet overlooking the entrance and car park. So as soon as you go in you have to draw the blinds and if you want any privacy. The other point was when I showered in the morning there was no toiletries in the bath, I mentioned this when I checked out and was told that they only put one dispenser in the room and I should have moved the one from the sink, I hadn't heard of this before.
Overall a nice hotel in lovely grounds but don't go here expecting sky sports in the bar or great wifi access.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank grinch99

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley Court and I am glad you enjoyed your stay it is certainly a different building with a lot of character and history.
I have passed on your comments about the toiletries in the bathroom, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Absolutely lovely hotel! gorgeous rooms - very clean and full of character!! The food served in the restaurant was lovely and very well priced! I went with my partner, Mum and Dad, my Dad is known for being hard to please lol. however he loved the food and the rooms he has been recommending the fish and chips to everyone. all the staff were very attentive and friendly. I cannot wait to go back! I'm even debating booking my wedding there!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley Court and we are glad that you like our improvements.
i have passed on your comments to the staff as it is always nice to praise them.
we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for a friends wedding...beautiful setting, lovely lovely place, but was beyond disappointed upon check in to realise I wasn't in the hotel itself, but in a building at the back of the car park. Don't get me wrong, the room was clean and comfortable, but no different from a travelodge/premier inn room at best, and was not ideal having to brave the elements and walk through the car park each time I wanted to pop to my room. The reason I wanted to book here was to be in the same place as the wedding I was attending, not in a block of rooms in the car park, and the rooms in the main building were lovely, very nicely decorated, individual, and full of the character of the hotel. The room I stayed in also had a connecting door (which was locked) but did not stop us being kept awake by the people staying in the next door room, being able to hear everything from their snoring to turning over their tv. The whole night we could hear people coming in and out of the building, lots of banging and slamming of doors, walls were so so thin. So while the staff, food and main building could not be faulted, the stay was really dampened by being stuck in a noisy outbuilding :( Don't be put off the hotel, just make sure you request a room in the hotel itself to avoid disappointment.

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank nikipops

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We have just got home from staying in the most spacious room no. 9 for 2 days, and oh what a time we had :) I think all rooms are en-suite but ours was also spacious and had a double shower and a bathtub. The room had areas for a proper period writing desk, seating area with a small 3 piece suite which includes a single sofa-bed, a queen sized comfortable bed, full sized mirror, hair dryer and iron/board, fitted wardrobes, a chaise lounge, and everything with upgraded fittings. The hotel has just had a facelift, and obviously staying with luxurious fixtures and fittings, soft furnishings and everything in keeping with the house and temple.. The staff are too of the extra special variety.. all very professional, but with a lovely manner and sense of nothing was too much from them at all times. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment including meals, drinks, service, accommodation, gardens, wildlife,.. only thing missing is a pool or spa! That would have been the icing on the cake so to speak! Congrats to all the staff there.. they obviously worked really hard and have really have made the hotel an especially dreamy and idyllic place to stay. I would totally recommend staying, dining, or getting married there.. we saw that it only cost a silly £999 to get married there with 50 guests - I thought what a bargain!! Go, have a great time :)

Room Tip: If you want space and a sense of oldie worldie chose number 9 in the main house.. you can see the si...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lelz
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thankyou for your kind comments and taking the time to review Rothley court and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in December and loved it.. was told a refurb easy being done in the new year.. booked for Valentine weekend was very surprised at the refurb .. stunning!!! stayed in the same room again.. love this hotel.. see you guys soon!! hugs to Alesha she was amazing and polite as always xx

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank angel h
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Rothley Court and we are glad that you enjoyed Valentines and that you like our refurbishments.
We hope that you will return in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rothley
Quorn Grange Hotel
Stapleford Park
Stapleford Park
#1 of 1 in Stapleford
11 mi away
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Burleigh Court
Burleigh Court
#4 of 12 in Loughborough
18 mi away
Kilworth House Hotel
Kilworth House Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Kilworth

Been to Rothley Court? Share your experiences!