Rothley Court
Ibis Budget Hotel Leicester(Leicester)(Great Value!)
$48
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
$70
$57
All reviewsmain buildingold english innswedding venuesteeped in historybridal suitewedding breakfastmanor houseoriginal featureslisted buildingwedding receptionlovely groundslovely meallovely old buildingwedding guestsduty managerfunction roomsuperior room
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Driving to the Hotel I thought I was in for a real treat. As a frequent business I asked at reception did the room have a seat or chair she replied she did not no. I can only describe the room as a “motel room” décor need updating. Reception Staff on the day very unhelpful I was told there was nothing else available.
I checked out the following morning early and didn’t bother staying to try breakfast. I left the key at reception desk as the staff on the day in question didn’t start till 7am.
Plus Points. The food in the hotel was good the best part of the stay. The garden surrounding and the main property look fantastic and I’m sure the room is the main building would be great. Very disappoint stay sorry

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MrPeasePudding
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Stopped at rothley court as a guest ! booked a room - which left a bit to be desired ! very tired - window frames rotton - went touse the hair drier - but did'nt "just wrote the date in the dust on it"
The hoteit self is too small really for a large wedding venue - the disco room provided being very small ! the main meal was ok ? but as usual they charged extortionate prices at the bar ! which was very small - crowded - a plus must be the location and grounds - am due to attend another wedding soon - but will stop at a lovely hotel just a few miles away ! and prob do what other guests did and take my own drinks .

Room Tip: Best room ? perhaps about three miles down the road !
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I thank you for your comments and concerns raised. Your feedback is very important to us and we take note of your comments very seriously to improve on our facility.
I appreciate your positive points mentioned about the food and can only apologise that you were dissappointed with the room. The hotel will be going through refurbishment at the beginning of January 2014 which will enhance the accommodation and improve the decorations considerably.
I appreciate your points of attention to detail and I will be taking the concerns you have raised with my team to improve these standards of presentation mentioned.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have just read the previous review from a guest at the wedding the day after my daughters. Without full knowledge of the events that took place leading up to the wedding I consider it extremely unfair to make derisory comments when Rothley Court did their utmost to compensate the other guests, probably including herself, for errors made by a previous manager. Did she really expect our guests not to stay on our wedding night in order that they stay 2 nights? Just for the record we booked all 30 rooms when arranging the wedding date. Enough of that...........Paul, Jason, Kevin and the staff at Rothley Court pulled out all the stops for our wedding and made it a perfect day. Many many thanks to them can't praise them enough.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lynne_lol
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went to a family wedding at Rothley on weekend of 26th April 13 only as guests so we had nothing to do with the booking and arrangements. We did however know that all of the principal guests (including the bride herself) were told they couldn't stay on the night because they had double booked another wedding there. They tried to put matters right by arranging for everyone to stay elsewhere on the night and moved them back in on the night of the wedding..but then again...that's the very least they could do ! To be fair to them the qualitty of food at the wedding and at breakfast etc. was 1st class. My personal experience however was with a very rude young barlady who took offence early on when I suggested they were understaffed and she needed help as we were all fed up standing in a queue for 20 mins to get a drink. One barperson for 80 guests seemed completely unsatisfactory. She continued to be very curt a nd rude during other visits I made to the bar and it culminated in her giving me change for a £5 note when I offered a £20 note. When she eventually realised it was her error, I had to ask her for an apology, which she offered in the most sarcastic way possible. The rooms also look very 'tired' and the security lock to the accommodation block was lying on the floor where it had been ripped off the wall. Frankly the whole experience was poor for a relatively high room rate. In summary looks good from the outside but boy, the have a lot of work to do and be careful they don't double book you when they get another wedding in. That could ruin your wedding completely!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were at Rothley Court for our daughters wedding. The venue is superb with separate areas for drinking and socialising with the evening disco separated but not in a way that felt unconnected. You were able to mingle between different groups depending on what you felt like doing. The hotel was all could ask for and the staff superb. The day event was well managed and the room and table layout worked well. If you had a summer wedding the grounds would make a beautiful backdrop for the photos. The only area the let it down was the tired state of our bedroom and bathroom. Others have commented on this and a refurbishment policy appears to be going to occur if other posts are correct. That said the room was a good size, the bed really comfortable, the bedding and towels etc were clean and the room lovely and warm. The breakfast provided as part of the deal was buffet style to start and then full English etc served by a member of staff. There was plenty to eat and more toast and coffee if required. All in all a nice place to be based for a wedding or just to see the area. Finally going back to the breakfast we stayed an additional night at a Premier Inn in Loughborough, had to get breakfast in Weatherspoons and paid more than if we had stayed an additional night at Rothley Court.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building not the annex
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
OldEnglishInns, Manager at Rothley Court, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
We always appreciate our guests comments and pass them to the team.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.