“Graet location, friendly staff”

Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skelmersdale
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is situated just off the motorway. The rooms are clean and details have been well thought through e.g. you can actually reach the towel rail from the shower! The rooms are comfortable and spacious. staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help guests. The food in the restuarant is generally good. I had a superb starter of prawns and squid. The squid was perfectly cooked - which is not easy to do.
The price is fairly standard for bed and breakfast but is certainly better value than some of the other hotels I have stayed in recently.
I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Karen F
Kevin C, Manager at Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel. As you say the hotel is located close to the m58 and the m6, which like yourself; a lot of guests find convenient.
I was glad to hear how comfortable you found your stay and how much you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant- I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you on your next stay.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We got married at the hotel on 23rd march, from booking our wedding the wedding co-ordinator was excellent and on the day the staff took care of everything making our day prefect. The service was better then expected and the food was also.

We had many compliments on the food and staff.

The bedrooms were brilliant with no complaints from our 100+ guests.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Emmar211

Many congratulations again on your wedding from all the staff at the BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel. We were so happy to be part of your special day and proud to help make everything run smoothly.
The hotel and staff pride themselves on customer service, and so I will be sure to pass on your comments to each department. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

After having a lovely lunch in the past, my self and my family decided to return for dinner on Friday evening. There was an entertainer who created the perfect atmosphere and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the staff were as lovely as ever.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily B
Kevin C, Manager at Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel. It was great to hear that having enjoyed your first visit; you decided to return to the hotel.
Many guests have commented on the great atmosphere our pianist/vocalist Chris Lloyd creates in the restaurant. If you may be interested in further events, Chris performs each month or we have our Michael Buble tribute night on 29th June which is always very popular.
Thank you again for your kind comments, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I started to plan my wedding, I wanted a venue which was breathtaking and that is what you get at Lancashire Manor Hotel! I had previously been here to my friends wedding in 2008, before its 2010 refurbishment, so I knew exactly what to expect! Gill the wedding co-ordinater took a lot of the stress off my shoulders with the arrangements of menus, flowers etc and before I knew it, we were here for the big day! The gardens are beautiful and so my pictures turned out perfect! The staff were friendly and helpful and the 4 course wedding breakfast was served hot and fast! My guests were astounded to be sat in the Great Hall and all commented on how gorgeous it was! The night do was also a great success, the drinks were well priced and everyone enjoyed a boogie on the dance floor after the night buffet! I can't speak highly enough of my wedding experience here, it will be a day to remember forever! Thank you Lancashire Manor!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Eg1987
Lancashire M, Manager at Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Many congratulations from all at the hotel, we are proud to have been part of your special day. It was great to hear how well your special day went, from the planning with Gill to the day itself, I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the staff. As you say, our Great Hall is a perfect wedding venue with its stunning features; many brides -to -be fall in love with its galleried balcony and crystal chandeliers as you did. Thank you very much for taking the time in reviewing the BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel and for your fantastic feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to a wedding here and stayed overnight. The wedding was fantastic, food was good as were drinks and the bar was affordable too.

The room was lovely - very clean, free wifi and complimentary toiletries, nice rooms. The continental breakfast buffet was superb too with toast and hot drinks served to the table. There was one very slight problem which was that when I used the hotel hairdryer and my sister used her own hairdryer (in the same room) at the same time it tripped the switch in the fuse box of the room and we had to go to reception to fix the issue as we had no idea where the fuse box was. Fortunately, by the time I'd walked back from reception they were already knocking on(it's only a short walk) and the housekeeping staff were very friendly.
Although a bit difficult to find and the fuse box issue, I was very pleased with the hotel and couldn't be happier with it!

One tip: If getting the train, cut across the cycle path just up from the station (looks like a shallow grassy entry-way) and then turn right and keep following the road round to find it.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and was brilliant - really quiet and well maintained. Large room ni...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank FussyLo
Lancashire M, Manager at Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

It is great to hear how you enjoyed your stay at the Lancashire Manor Hotel, thank you for taking the time to post your review.
As we hold a lot of weddings here; with our stunning Great Hall and newly refurbished Lathom Suite, it is always nice to gain feedback from guests attending. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments especially to the head chef as you enjoyed the food and to the house keeping staff that assisted.
We look forward to seeing you at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I recently had family over from Belgium and due to lack of space needed to search a hotel in my local area. I chose the Best Western based on my positive experiences staying at various hotels around Europe - The Lancashire Manor did not disappoint!

My sister and her family found the hotel to be welcoming, comfortable and impressive throughout. The staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, also catering for my nephews dietry requirements. On behalf of my sister, her husband and the children I would like to say a big thank you. We will definitely be using the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Kevin C, Manager at Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you from all the team here at the BEST WESTERN Lancashire Manor Hotel, as we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction, it was great to hear of your positive experience.
We hope your family had a safe journey home and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The website (our selection method) makes the place look quite nice, even enticing. But when you arrive and compare the photos on the website, presumably taken with professional (wide angle) lenses - disappointment! Do not be misled - good website; awful, nasty hotel!
We genuinely thought that this sort of hotel had passed into catering history by now - it was awful! There is virtually nothing good to say about this place, unless you are looking for a prime example of ersatz! We should have guessed it would be grim, as it is approached through an industrial estate. Remember to lock all car doors and set the alarm. Not a single piece of the hotel appears to be original - everything is new-ish! Except the little notices everywhere telling you not to do this and not to do that - irritating or what?
Our bedroom was the size of a cupboard, the view over the huge (empty) car park across the noisy railway cutting, was terrific. The bathroom was from old-style holiday inns with plastic "marble" (chipped) worktops and inset plastic basins (with added lovely mouldy seals to the handbasin) for added pleasure. The shower DID work but the sides were not tiled, but made of rigid plastic sheeting! Nice!
The restaurant was a 'pretend' old-style barn with awful, glaring carpet with the pervading smell of badly cooked food. A couple of steaks came out char-grilled to infinity. The tables far too close - you more or less had to listen to adjacent chit-chat like it or not. What were they expecting? A rush? There were about a dozen folk (mainly blokes in pit-stop mode - nice for single women NOT) in, on the night we stayed in a restaurant with at least 60 covers.
The food was straight from 'Brakes Brothers' or '3663' (or local similar) and had not been given any additional treatment - not even a dribble of dressing on an accompanying salad. Very ho-hum indeed - fine in a motorway cafe or a low-level restaurant but surely people expect something better in a hotel don't they?
We could not bear to go for breakfast which was obviously the usual ghastly buffet type affair - judging by the smells coming all the way down the corridors. Breakfast shut at 9.00am. Sharp! All cleared away by 9.05AM
So we paid and left PDQ, never to return the this establishment that "boasts" 3 AA stars! Perhaps the AA should check this place out again or maybe we called on a bad day. Or maybe not.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were very disappointed to read of your experiences and as you can see from past guest reviews, this is not the usual impression of the hotel.
Although the hotel is new in that we had a complete refurbish in 2010, the majority of the building dates back to around 1770 and as we are proud of the history, you can find these details on display in our lounge area which a lot of guest enjoy reading.
As the hotel regularly holds large functions, the large car park is a great advantage for guests but we do appreciate that this may appear empty on quieter evenings. However, I can assure you we have never had any problems with car break-ins at the hotel, but we do have in place deterrents such as cameras and night security to give guests peace of mind.
In regards to your experience in our restaurant, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations; as this is not the usual standards of our hotel and I will be speaking to the head chef about the matters raised.
Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skelmersdale
Holland Hall Country House Hotel
The Wrightington Hotel & Country Club
Hotel Ibis Styles Haydock
Rufford Arms Hotel
Rufford Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Rufford
Best Western Park Hall Hotel & Leisure Club
Premier Inn St. Helens (A580/East Lancs) Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Lancashire Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!