All reviews midge hall home from home toast stayed here leyland hotel derek sleep beds accommodation noise
Selected filters
Reviewed November 17, 2018

Stayed here 28th October for 1 week on business in area , This place is very homely very relaxing comfortable guest house. The chap running the hotel was very helpful and friendly. My room was lovely, very tastefully furnished and decorated and kept warm at all times, the guest house is also a very short walk from a very nice local pub and shops. The breakfast was excellent and served the best sausages ive ever had., I know i,m returning on business in February and am much looking forward to it as opposed to staying at Leyland hotel

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself was lovely and clean, and suitable. However on checkout we where told the balance hadn't been paid, when the payment had actually been taken out the day before. The male manager was very rude and refused to look when I tried to show him the bank statement on my online banking and just persisted to tell me it hadn't been paid even though the statement showed the date, name and amount that was took out.
The friend I was with decided shed just pay it to keep peace but on exiting the building he muttered that this has happened to other people before and I would have to sort it myself with my bank.
Then had to phone the following day to tell him the first transaction had still not been refunded to which he replied he was getting hold of the bank as it had happened again that day to someone else, this wasn't followed by any sort of apology for the inconvenience.

The total rudeness from him and basically being told I was lying about paying it has totally put me off ever going back. Such a shame as the hotel was lovely and the female manager was very welcoming.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lennie M
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Lovely B&B, highly recommended. Lovely rooms, very comfortable bed, clean well presented throughout, Derek is a fantastic host. Great breakfast and so good to family very child friendly. If in the area check this accommodation out.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

We came on the 6th may myself and my husband for 1 stay,the beds were very comfy, the rooms were beautiful. Derek was friendly and welcoming, the breakfast was lovely, everything was clean and beautiful inside. would 100% recommend to anyone to stay , we will be booking again in the future. Thank you for everything Mrs and Mr cook.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2018

Visited in Jan 2018 whilst down for work. Off-road parking and plenty of space to manoeuvre if you're in a big motor. The owner was friendly and recommended where to eat etc. Breakfast was good, room was clean and a good size. Bathroom was very cold but not a major issue. My room was on the front and noise from the traffic quite loud - though I had a good nights sleep. There isn't much in walking distance from the B&B but there is a pub at the end of the road which serves food. I walked to Midge Hall which had a good pint though it was about 20 mins down a very dark lane. A busy road though and felt relatively safe.

Date of stay: January 2018