I had the braised lamb shank which was not properly defrosted before it was cooked (microwaved). The consistency therefore was not like braised meat but much firmer. It was also unsettlingly red towards the bone. By the time i realised i should not be eating this i had had about a third of it, leaving the remainder. The atmosphere of the pub and the style of the management suggested that complaining would have been an intimidating process. In the early hours of the following morning i awoke with stomach cramps. These were painful and debilitating and continued for the next five days completely ruining the remainder of my holiday. Safe cooking procedures are clearly not of concern to this pub and you will be risking your health if you dine here. I have never done a review on trip advisor up until this point, but i have done so this time because i feel i have a duty to warn others of the very serious risks taken by dining here especially if you have children or are elderly. If you are responsible for food hygiene in this area and are reading this, please prioritise a surprise visit immediately. This has been my experience in visiting The Bell, please don't let it be yours too!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.