“The perfect addition to Bexley Village”
Review of Brown's of Bexley

Brown's of Bexley
Ranked #8 of 45 Restaurants in Bexley
Cuisines: Delicatessen
“The perfect addition to Bexley Village”
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been here a few times in the past month and the service and produce is excellent. We popped in today for takeout sandwiches and they were so fresh, tasty and very reasonably priced for the high quality. I love the ham and cheeses so much that we sometimes pop in to take them home for a weekend continental style breakfast, delicious!
I'm looking forward to trying some of the different pastas and I will have to try the chilli jam that everyone is raving about! Thank you for the great food and service!

3 Thank Fieldyandfordy

London, United Kingdom
“Lunch in Bexley Village”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

If you visit Bexley Village, you must not miss this authentic 'Browns of Bexley' cafe deli.

A warm, buzzing welcoming ambience; coupled with the freshest food of your choice. Gorgeous home baked cakes with crusty French bread and fine cheeses and meats. After half an hour in this setting I felt I had been transformed to France - surrounded by unpredictable stocks to intice the senses. The fresh flowers on the tables and fine English china that tea is served from as well as the economical price means this is a place I am certain to return to with my children. The previous customers exited stating how delicious the food was too. Not just a shop, but an enjoyable experience.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Lisa C
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I came in here with my friend for a quick bite before my 25th birthday party. I live locally, only a few doors away and thought I would give it a try. The atmosphere was very welcoming, me and my friend didn't know if we had to go to the counter or sit down, but the friendly gentleman guided us. I must admit, I was geniuley impressed with the menu, just because it was diverse and classy! I had a Parma ham and Brie baguette with a home made coleslaw on the side, with a raspberry lemonade to wash it down. Please trust me when I say that this tasted AMAZING!

They gave us side salad and also chilli jam. Me and my friend were fighting over the chilli jam haha! I also had bananna cake with a side of clotted cream. I felt spoilt rotten! Very impressed. The prices were good, the service was exceptional. I would definetley recommend and I will be coming back here as frequent as I can!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Hollycocobench
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Browns, wonderful service and something a bit different”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Really friendly staff and enjoyed their homemade feta and tomato tarts, delicious! The shop is packed to the rafters with an array of unusual foods. A joy to visit and find that something a bit different.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Diane T
London, United Kingdom
“Every village should have one!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Cracking little deli in the heart of the village, selling a fantastic range of products. I can guarantee that you will walk in and buy something that you never knew you needed! The deli has a great range of cheeses and cooked meats with some more unusual products from UK producers too. The Red Devil cheese is a must try for those that like a bit of heat in their cheese and as for the Black Bomber - you have just got to try it! It’s great to see a village shop stocking a fantastic range of UK produce. The exceptional service you will receive also matches the quality of the product they sell.

If that wasn’t enough to make you want to visit you can also grab a mean cup of coffee and a sandwich and while away the time at the seating area at the front of the shop or browse the shelves and chillers looking for you next artisan purchase!

If you are fed up with buying the same old products in the same old supermarket and are looking for something just a little bit different you have got to visit this little gem of a shop.

• Visited February 2014
Nigel B, Owner at Brown's of Bexley, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Many thanks for your kind words. We do aim to please!