“Good steak in great old Tudor barn”
Review of Miller & Carter

Miller & Carter
Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in Bexley
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday, 2nd sitting as the restaurant runs 2 sittings on a Saturday evening. We were a party of 10 people and were required to pay a deposit of Pounds 5 per person. I understand that the restaurant does not want to be let down over such a large table so be prepared to pay the deposit which should be deducted from the bill. In our case we noticed that the 50 pounds deposit had not been deducted and need to ask the waitress for this to happen.
We were early for our table, so we sat outside under the umbrellas while awaiting our time slot. We were given an electronic indicator to flag us when the table was ready. This happened well before the 9PM reservation time.
Considering the restaurant was full there were plenty of staff and the service was good.
My husband and I order the Chateau Briand with two sauces. It was served with the onion loaf and separate chips. The presentation of the meals was excellent and the beef was cooked well, medium rare.
Our friend’s meals also were well presented, although we did think the rack of rib serving was rather small. Two of our friends had the sea bass which we were told was good but to me could have been a little more colorful and more vegetables served with it.
The setting of the restaurant is great and it’s nice to see such an old building which I remember from childhood being made good use of.
Not a bad choice of restaurant, particularly for a group of friends dining together.

Miller and cart... B, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear Sandy R,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Miller & Carter and for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your visit and were also satisfied with the food, service and friendliness of our staff. We look forward to seeing you for your next visit.

Kind Regards

There are newer reviews for Miller & Carter

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Tonight l at with my family including the 2 grandchildren, the staff were patient and attentive, the food was good value for money, they have an excellent children's menu, please give it a try

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Not living in the vicinity it has been some years since we last visited as a family but I never forgot the amazing mushroom starter. Today I took my sister in law for her birthday. How wonderful we were not disappointed. I am not at all surprised that this venue is so busy. We chose the mushroom starter. Just as amazing, bonus it came with garlic bread. I had half rack of ribs- what a great choice, my sis chose sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce, delicious. One of the greatest selling features for me is that all the sauces, salads, chips came in their own individual bowls with the main course. I hate not having the freedom to choose. The staff were excellent particularly our waitress Eunjca(?) who is a tremendous asset. A very varied interesting menu, well priced cocktail and wine list. Would highly recommend a visit. I am certainly looking forward to the next time.

2  Thank caproco

Dear Caproco,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Miller & Carter and for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your visit and were also satisfied with the food, service and friendliness of our staff. I will pass your comments on to Eunicia and ensure she knows how happy you were with her service. We look forward to seeing you for your next visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited this restaurant with my Husband to celebrate his birthday.
One of the reasons we chose this restaurant was because they have Chateaubriand on the menu. We ordered this, which came with a slice of onion loaf and a large wedge of iceberg lettuce with your choice of sauce (we both had the bacon and mustard dressing).
The steak was cooked to perfection, we could not fault it at all.
We visited on a Saturday evening, but the service was quick and efficient

1  Thank TheGibsons2007

Dear TheGibsons 2007,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Miller & Carter and for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your visit and were also satisfied with the food, service and friendliness of our staff. Thank you so much for our 5/5 rating! We look forward to seeing you for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The service and food in this restaurant were first class and I am fussy !

Steaks were tasty and cooked to perfection. The king prawn and lobster thermidor side dish was excellent too.

Presentation was quite 'cheffy'., I was surprised that it was part of a chain.

If I had one complaint it was that I tried to change the booking and on ringing them they left an answer machine on ALL DAY that had NO option to leave a message, rather annoying but when we arrived, nothing was a problem and as I said, the food was excellent.

4  Thank paul h

Dear Paul H,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent meal with us. We would also like to thank you for your positive comments about the food and the excellent service you have experienced from our staff.

Constructive guest comments greatly assist us in constantly evaluating the level and quality of our service and therefore all comments positive, as well as negative, are valued and thoroughly looked into. We are constantly working on answering more calls. With how busy our venue is and the volume of calls we get, it is very difficult. But i promise, we are working on it!

Thank you so much for our 5/5 rating! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,