“Lunch time”

Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Bexley
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went for an afternoon meal,food was good but nowhere to have a pre drink,they used to have a bar but now it is just a restaurant.In saying that I would go back.

1  Thank Elaine C
Miller and cart... B, Manager at Miller & Carter, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2014

Dear Elaine C,

We would like to thank you for taking some time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your recent meal with us. We would also like to thank you for your positive comments about the food on your visit.

With regards to your comment about the bar, it was removed in September 2012 but was put back in November 2013, so would have been there for your latest visit. You will clearly have to return to investigate and have a cocktail or two! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

With a restaurant like this just on my doorstep, I can't believe I haven't been here before. The food was great and cooked just how we asked. Really friendly staff, relaxed but buzzing atmosphere and can away with full bellies after only two courses! Highly recommend - I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a very nice meal here with my wife, steaks were cooked well as ordered, service was good and chocolate brownie was amazing!! Will be back again

Dear Hajohns1979

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Miller & Carter and for taking the time to write this review. We are very glad to know that you have enjoyed your visit and were also satisfied with the food, service and friendliness of our staff. We look forward to seeing you for your next visit.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I have been to this restaurant for a Christmas lunch 18 months ago, and returned yesterday with some friends for a meal after work. Our waitress was absolutely lovely, being friendly chatty & efficient. To me this restaurant has a lovely ambience, but it may be a little too dark for some people. The steaks here are to die for. Everything was as good as it was on the last visit. Highly recommended if you love your steak. Please note that this visit was an excellent experience for my party of 5 on Friday June 27th, as I note there has been some negative comments so other people do not appear to have been so lucky.

Dear AnnieW1951

Thank you for our 5/5 rating!!

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I'm a massive steak fan and my Wife brought me here as a treat a few months ago.

The building was very impressive and the menu looked great but my wife and I both opted for the individual beef wellingtons...

Looking forward to a nice piece of beef fillet prepared in the usual way with a tasty mushroom pate in pastry we could not have been more disappointed at what arrived...

Both tiny dried out wellingtons were massively over cooked with the "fillet" tougher than shoe leather and a test for any set of jaw muscles.

When this was brought to the attention of the waitress, she sheepishly apologised and informed us that the wellingtons were purchased frozen from another company!

Basically we were being charged top dollar for a substandard "ready meal"

Left and went elsewhere feeling exceedingly disappointed as this place had been recommended by friends.

Never returning.