“Very good steak”

Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Bexley
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving up its painstakingly sourced menu of succulent steak dishes, Miller & Carter is devoted to all things beef. Alongside delicious cuts from the grill, the diverse menu includes build-your-own burgers, market-fresh fish dishes and a range of tempting nibbles. Chilled draught beers, cooling cocktails and an extensive list of tipples are found behind the bar, or guests can choose from the well-stocked wine cellar.
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Very good restaurant if your are looking for a steak, we had the fillet and the chateaubriand and it was delicious. Good selection of starters and mains. Nice and busy with a good atmosphere, booking recommended, very busy on sat night.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went to the UK over the weekend and had a meal in this restaurant on Thursday evening. It was very good - the guys had steaks which they said were delicious and my brother-in-law is very fussy about his steak. My sister had the sea bass and I had the salmon - both were also very tasty. Try the Pinot Grigio rose - a very light, easy to drink (some would say too easy!) wine option. The lettuce with blue cheese dressing is also a must try! What else can I say other than we would definitely go back....

1  Thank Mandy R
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Making a reservation is recommended as this Restaurant is usually 'running on full capacity' with diners.They have a budget early evening menu along with the lunchtime cheaper menu. However, their main menu is very varied and the price is not too expensive in comparison. We have dined there on special occasions and just wishing for a 'bite to eat' at lunchtimes, when you can occasionally get away without making a reservation. The waiter/waitress service to the tables is very good and the atmosphere is really created by the diners 'buzzing' would sum it up. To summarise this short review look up the Restaurant's website for menu details etc and you won't be disappointed with the food, drink and service you'll receive.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I recently visited the restaurant in along with my parents and 5 month old son. When we arrived the staff member at the door asked how many I needed a table for to which I replied I would like 3 adults and a pram. I was then told due to "Health & Safety" the pram was not allowed in the restaurant at all but was offered a high chair. I then explained to both members of staff (one being management) that my son is not big enough yet to sit in a high chair. The staff member then replied again that it was "Health & Safety". He then suggested that I removed the seat part of my pram and balanced that on a chair! I cannot see how placing a pram down one side of a table would breach Health & Safety regulations yet it would be perfectly fine for me to balance a 5 month old baby in his pram seat on a chair? As you can guess they lost our custom that day as I wasn't willing to risk my child's safety. I eat out regularly with my family and we have never been refused entry to a restaurant with my child before. I was in shock when I left after the totally ridiculous conversation I had just had with the staff. I have emailed Miller & Carter requesting a copy of their health & safety regulations where it outlines this.

11  Thank EmmaJadey
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice now in a week & both times I absolutely loved the food. The staff are fantastic & one particular waitress helped us celebrate our engagement by making us laugh all evening.