“Heating (or lack of) let it down”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
uk
“Heating (or lack of) let it down”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Arrived and checked in efficiently, got to room. It was cool in the room so turned heating on via air-con. 1.5 hours later it was still blowing cold air. Rang reception, sent house-keeping, couldn't understand why it didn't work. She went and returned 2 minutes later with a heater. Room warm in 5 mins with heater. Great service

I stay in hotels loads, and no idea why they use these combined air-con units to heat the rooms, you rarely find one that does efficiently!

Nice comfortable sofa in the room, its nice to have somewhere to sit other than the bed.
Wasn't upgraded either

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for placing your review of our Hotel, and I'm pleased to hear that the team here at Bexley provided you with a great Guest Experience. I am however very sorry that there appeared to be a maintenance issue with the heating system, and I will certainly arrange for our engineer to look into this problem. I hope this will not deter you from returning to us when you are next in the area, when you will be made most welcome. Thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

My Fiancee and myself visited the hotel twice in February and decided to book it for our wedding reception after it was recommended by my sister who also used the hotel in August 2013 and was very impressed.
From the moment we arrived we were made very welcome and comfortable by Rosie Bass, a few hiccups for my wedding guests trying to book rooms, hopefuly sorted out now as more rooms to be booked, cant wait for the big day, well done so far Holiday Inn Bexley.

Stayed February 2014
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased to hear that your Wedding Plans are all going well. We are all looking forward to giving you and your fiancee a “day to remember” and if you should have any questions, just call our Conference and Events department who will be more than happy to answer all your last minute queries. Once again, thank you for your review, and it wont be long before the Big Day is here !!!
Shropshire
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I remember this Hotel from when it was just an Inn, The Black Prince. It is in a convenient location for Kent and South London.
Stayed for 2 nights on a leisure trip, Roza the Receptionist was particularly helpful.
Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

1 Thank ianratts
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your review, and I can imagine it was quite a shock for you to see the Black Prince as a hotel now !! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were an ideal location for your needs. Thank you also for giving a special mention to Roza, it really is a morale booster when staff "see their name in lights", and I will certainly ensure Roza is made aware of your comments. I hope you will return to us again in the near future, when you will be made most welcome.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights on business. The hotel was everything I needed and more. Good location. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. The food in the restaurant hit the spot and the breakfast included a nice fry-up!

I will be bringing my gym kit though when I come back later in March and get on one of those running machines.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
What a great review !!! Thank you so much for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor - it really is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope that our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast gave you a great start to your day - probably best to go on the running machine BEFORE you eat the breakfast though !!! I hope you will return to us in the very near future, and thank you again for your great review.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Have stayed at this hotel before and will be back again when back in the area with work. The staff are very friendly and the receptionist was brilliant really welcoming and made you feel like a person and not just a guest. The décor is up to date and the hotel is kept very clean. My room was spacious and very clean, the bed was very comfortable and I had a great nights sleep.
Breakfast was tasty and the location is ideal for the M25. The hotel is one of the best I have stayed in in the IHG chain and offers great value for money. Will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ClanGraham
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
What a pleasure it is for all the team here to read such a fantastic review of our hotel, and we are all thrilled that you always enjoy your stays with us. I have personally congratulated the members of staff who helped to make your stay so welcoming, and they were really happy to receive this recognition. We all look forward to meeting you again when you are next in the area - thank you so much for such a wonderful review.
Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I have two previous visits t and they were both excellent.We invited my son and daughter-in law for dinner. We had soup which had no taste. My wifes stilton sauce on her steak was like milk, it was NOT sauce. Two desserts we ordered were frozen (we were offered replacements). Breakfast was poor. The hotel had run out of butter, we had to wait for eggs, bacon and beans and when they came, the cook had no white top or headcover and looked unwashed. We were by no means last into breakfast and we also noticed (on both days we were there) a relunctance by staff to remove used crockery. This was not the case last time we were there. The second day a very smart cook was there and the breakfast was very good. We travelled there from the Isle of Wight and ferry travel is expensive plus of course petrol so we did not book the most expensive accommodation. We discovered however that this was a mistake and we can say that Premier Inn standard rooms are superior to to the one we had. We will upgrade next time. Yes we will return as I feel the team was not pulling together and must improve. Next time the hotel may have reurned to what we hope is normal as it is in a very good location for our visits. If it does not we will have to return to the Dartford Hilton which is excellent but a little out of our way.

Room Tip: The cheaper rooms are not too good and are below the standard we have had in Premier Inn. Which eve...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, and I’m so sorry that we failed to deliver a truly great Guest Experience when you stayed with us, especially as you have enjoyed your two previous visits. I’m so pleased that you are going to give us the opportunity of restoring your confidence in our hotel and would request that when you require any future accommodation, that you contact me directly and I shall ensure that you are looked after to the level that is expected of a Holiday Inn. Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experiences, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of your company when you are next visiting your family.
Kent UK
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We went for a meal with my parents who were staying there at the hotel for a few days.They were down for my daughter's first birthday.Last time they stayed there they raved about their stay and the food and so we found ourselves there for a celebratory dinner.The restaurant looked very modern and well laid out,friendly staff but then came the food!The mushroom soup starters was tasteless,we all has a try of it and agreed it was the worst soup that we have ever tried.My mother didn't even get a mushroom with her steak and the sauce with it was far to watery.My wife and myself had Banofee pie to finish with and they were both frozen,mine nearly flew of the plate when I tried to use my spoon on it(there was no pneumatic drill to hand).I was very hungry but stuffed down everything in front of me much to my stomach's distress and I ended up poorly throughout the night.We did speak to the restaurant manager and he agreed about the soup and could not defend the concrete Banofee pie.We were not offered a discount so did not pay the service charge.We will not be going there again.

• Stayed January 2014
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor and for your very kind comments about our Restaurant and the staff that work here. As the General Manager for this hotel, I was most concerned to learn that you did not have a good Dining experience, and I would like to offer my sincere apologies for this. I would welcome the opportunity of speaking with you personally regarding your visit and hope that we can arrange a mutually convenient time to talk through the issues. If this is agreeable with you, please email your contact details to my P.A. at bexley@ihg.com, giving a convenient time for me to contact you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
#7 of 7 in Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
#1 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!