“Very Good Room, Very Good Service”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Enjoyed my stay. Good recognition for Priority Club Members, very friendly and efficient front desk staff and I can recommend the Executive Rooms. A malfunction with the kitchen equipment at breakfast was quickly and efficiently dealt with by the staff.

Room Tip: Executive Rooms are recommended
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review, and I’m really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Our IHG Rewards loyalty programme offers members the ability to earn points at more than 4,600 InterContinental Hotels Group hotels worldwide. Some more great news I would like to share with you is that Gold Elite and Platinum Elite members of IHG Rewards receive free internet, and all other members will enjoy this benefit in 2014 !! I’m sorry that there was a problem with your Breakfast Experience, but pleased that the team managed to resolve in a timely manner. Many thanks again for your kind comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I visited the Holiday inn Bexley for a recent family gathering, it is local for the whole family and very convenient to get to, straight off of the A2.

The hotel itself looks very clean and neat, inside and out. The upkeep is very good and the interior communal space is immaculate, it has either been refurbished recently or is maintained incredibly well, as everything looked new.

We spent some time in the bar area, which has some nice chairs dotted around, the bulk of the time was in the main restaurant. Although it was a buffet meal, all the tables where laid out with cutlery etc, and the friendly staff served tea and coffee at the table. The coffee was fantastic (I was told it is Starbucks coffee) couldn’t really fault the staff, they were engaging and seemed genuinely happy to go about their day to day work.

The buffet food was hearty and good, sandwiches and hot food was served and overall everyone was very satisfied.

My overall experience was very good, surprisingly so, Holiday inns surprise me more and more these days!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

WOW, what an absolutely fantastic review of our hotel !! Our team work really hard to ensure cleanliness throughout the hotel, and I'm so pleased you found this to be the case when you came to us for your family gathering. It really is pleasing to see that you felt the team at Bexley seemed genuinely happy and that the food offerings were to your liking. All of our guests are really important to us, so I hope you will consider returning to us again in the near future, when you will once again receive a warm and friendly welcome. Thank you again for taking the time to place such a lovely review.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very good experience, lovely clean hotel, quiet and comfortable room and great staff.
I stayed here for four nights on business in August, the breakfast is excellent, one of the best I have had and mainly due to the fact they have a make your own pancake machine - it seems like an insignificant point, but makes the standard hotel breakfast all that more special! I had two pancakes every day. There is also a good selection of fresh fruit and pastries. It's close to OLD bexley village and not bexley heath, no trouble as I was using a car and my own fault for not checking before booking.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back of the hotel, away from the busy main road and you should have a quiet night...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and write such nice comments about our Hotel. I am absolutely delighted that you found the staff at Bexley to be helpful and pleasant, and that you found the hotel to be so clean and comfortable. I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed our award winning famous Holiday Inn breakfast, especially the Pancakes !! Thank you once again for such a nice review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Comfortable and clean hotel great for London sight-seeing trips. Train station is only a 10 to 15 minute walk away making it ideal, approx 20 mins or so on the train and you're in London. Staying out of London also meant that our costs were kept down.
Breakfast consisted of the usual hotel feast and kept us going. Ate dinner in the restaurant on several occasions food good and the staff friendly.
Hard to find a hotel that caters for 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters in one room and there was plenty of room.
Fab hotel, this was our second stay here, and we will be back again. Just hope that some one else is making the scrambled egg, sorry we couldn't eat it!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our hotel. I was delighted to learn that you found your room to be the perfect size for your family and that you enjoyed our meal offerings. I’m so pleased that you like our hotel so much, and that you will return to us again. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to go onto Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, ate in the restaurant the first night, waited ages to be served as it appeared that I was invisible - then when I was given a menu, the prices on it were higher than the exact same menu I had in my room!! The prices were massively over-inflated for the small plate of food I received. Then I waited ages for anyone to acknowledge me so I could ask for the bill - the salmon dish was extremely salty and when I complained, the waitress said she would take the service charge off for me!!! Service charge is discretionary anyway, so I actually paid full price for a poor meal.
Went to use the gym and my key card wouldn't work, went to reception and there were two members of staff on, both of which had only started that day!!! Neither of them knew how to help me and neither knew the timings for breakfast!! I waited ages for them to contact the duty manager who advised them what to do over the phone!!
The internet prices are astronomical - £28 for 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £4 for one hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £3 to park here as well!!
I am here on business and I will ensure that my company sends none of my colleagues here!!

Very, very disappointed

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and as the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn London-Bexley, I would like to apologise that we let you down when you stayed with us. I really would appreciate the opportunity of speaking with you so that we can discuss specific issues which you have raised in your review. At Holiday Inn, if there is an element of your stay that you are not happy with, we like our guests to let us know during their stay, so that we can correct it and having researched my guest log book comments I have not been able to find any correspondence. I look forward to hearing from you so we may discuss this further.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I’ve stayed here twice recently. For both visits on arrival I received a genuinely warm welcome. On my first visit I was a little bit taken aback by how small my standard double was. I was on my own for one night’s stay but for a couple staying say for a weekend it would have been very cramped. For my second visit my first floor room this time was a little bigger. I have stayed in a couple of Holiday Inns before and the rooms here are definitely smaller than others I’ve stayed in.

On my first visit the first impression was that the room was very clean, until I drew the curtains - they were disgusting not very pleasant as they were very close to the bed. The bathroom was compact but spotless, no shower cap though which was inconvenient. For my second visit both the bathroom and bedroom were spotless. I was particularly impressed that the bath had a shower attachment for the bath and a separate shower. Being able to luxuriate in the bath and wash my hair is lovely, it makes it more home from home.

When I’m travelling on my own I wouldn’t normally use the bar, but here it was so well located I felt very comfortable sitting having a drink and reading my paper. It’s definitely female friendly. I was delighted to see it sold Starbucks, until I realized the prices were a £1 more than the high street store – needless to say I picked up more morning beverage in Bexleyheath.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased that you received a warm welcome from the team here at Bexley, which I’m sure must help make your stay more comfortable whilst away from home. I was most concerned to learn of your disappointment with the bedroom you were allocated, and so very sorry for the unsatisfactory condition of the curtains – this is something I will ensure our Housekeeping Manager looks into as a matter of urgency. Once again, thank you for taking the time to place your review, and I hope you will return to us when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is comfortable, clean and relaxing. Breakfast was wonderful and good service with a smile. Bar prices expensive as usual. Did not try evening meal. Lounge comfortable. Room was quiet even though by a main road. Prices were fair for the area. Good location. Would have no hesitation to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get room over garden, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

What a lovely review of our hotel!! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast provided a great start to your day. Thank you once again for taking the time to place your review, and I'm so pleased that you will return to us if ever you are travelling this way again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Campanile Dartford
Campanile Dartford
#7 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!