“Good stay, great breakfast!”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Good stay, great breakfast!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very good experience, lovely clean hotel, quiet and comfortable room and great staff.
I stayed here for four nights on business in August, the breakfast is excellent, one of the best I have had and mainly due to the fact they have a make your own pancake machine - it seems like an insignificant point, but makes the standard hotel breakfast all that more special! I had two pancakes every day. There is also a good selection of fresh fruit and pastries. It's close to OLD bexley village and not bexley heath, no trouble as I was using a car and my own fault for not checking before booking.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back of the hotel, away from the busy main road and you should have a quiet night...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and write such nice comments about our Hotel. I am absolutely delighted that you found the staff at Bexley to be helpful and pleasant, and that you found the hotel to be so clean and comfortable. I was really pleased to see that you enjoyed our award winning famous Holiday Inn breakfast, especially the Pancakes !! Thank you once again for such a nice review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Comfortable and clean hotel great for London sight-seeing trips. Train station is only a 10 to 15 minute walk away making it ideal, approx 20 mins or so on the train and you're in London. Staying out of London also meant that our costs were kept down.
Breakfast consisted of the usual hotel feast and kept us going. Ate dinner in the restaurant on several occasions food good and the staff friendly.
Hard to find a hotel that caters for 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters in one room and there was plenty of room.
Fab hotel, this was our second stay here, and we will be back again. Just hope that some one else is making the scrambled egg, sorry we couldn't eat it!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about our hotel. I was delighted to learn that you found your room to be the perfect size for your family and that you enjoyed our meal offerings. I’m so pleased that you like our hotel so much, and that you will return to us again. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to go onto Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Birmingham
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights, ate in the restaurant the first night, waited ages to be served as it appeared that I was invisible - then when I was given a menu, the prices on it were higher than the exact same menu I had in my room!! The prices were massively over-inflated for the small plate of food I received. Then I waited ages for anyone to acknowledge me so I could ask for the bill - the salmon dish was extremely salty and when I complained, the waitress said she would take the service charge off for me!!! Service charge is discretionary anyway, so I actually paid full price for a poor meal.
Went to use the gym and my key card wouldn't work, went to reception and there were two members of staff on, both of which had only started that day!!! Neither of them knew how to help me and neither knew the timings for breakfast!! I waited ages for them to contact the duty manager who advised them what to do over the phone!!
The internet prices are astronomical - £28 for 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £4 for one hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! £3 to park here as well!!
I am here on business and I will ensure that my company sends none of my colleagues here!!

Very, very disappointed

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and as the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn London-Bexley, I would like to apologise that we let you down when you stayed with us. I really would appreciate the opportunity of speaking with you so that we can discuss specific issues which you have raised in your review. At Holiday Inn, if there is an element of your stay that you are not happy with, we like our guests to let us know during their stay, so that we can correct it and having researched my guest log book comments I have not been able to find any correspondence. I look forward to hearing from you so we may discuss this further.
March, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I’ve stayed here twice recently. For both visits on arrival I received a genuinely warm welcome. On my first visit I was a little bit taken aback by how small my standard double was. I was on my own for one night’s stay but for a couple staying say for a weekend it would have been very cramped. For my second visit my first floor room this time was a little bigger. I have stayed in a couple of Holiday Inns before and the rooms here are definitely smaller than others I’ve stayed in.

On my first visit the first impression was that the room was very clean, until I drew the curtains - they were disgusting not very pleasant as they were very close to the bed. The bathroom was compact but spotless, no shower cap though which was inconvenient. For my second visit both the bathroom and bedroom were spotless. I was particularly impressed that the bath had a shower attachment for the bath and a separate shower. Being able to luxuriate in the bath and wash my hair is lovely, it makes it more home from home.

When I’m travelling on my own I wouldn’t normally use the bar, but here it was so well located I felt very comfortable sitting having a drink and reading my paper. It’s definitely female friendly. I was delighted to see it sold Starbucks, until I realized the prices were a £1 more than the high street store – needless to say I picked up more morning beverage in Bexleyheath.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased that you received a warm welcome from the team here at Bexley, which I’m sure must help make your stay more comfortable whilst away from home. I was most concerned to learn of your disappointment with the bedroom you were allocated, and so very sorry for the unsatisfactory condition of the curtains – this is something I will ensure our Housekeeping Manager looks into as a matter of urgency. Once again, thank you for taking the time to place your review, and I hope you will return to us when you are next visiting the area.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is comfortable, clean and relaxing. Breakfast was wonderful and good service with a smile. Bar prices expensive as usual. Did not try evening meal. Lounge comfortable. Room was quiet even though by a main road. Prices were fair for the area. Good location. Would have no hesitation to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get room over garden, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
What a lovely review of our hotel!! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast provided a great start to your day. Thank you once again for taking the time to place your review, and I'm so pleased that you will return to us if ever you are travelling this way again.
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here couple of nights for Brands Hatch weekend. Rooms are really small but clean. The supposedly double bed is not a standard double, more like a 3/4. They do have smoking rooms available which is a plus for the smokers. Drinks and food are over the top expensive. Decent breakfast but again too expensive. Better off having few minutes walk to the high street where there's plenty of places to eat and drink.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tracyspam
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for placing your review of our Hotel, and for your kind comments about the cleanliness of your room, however I am very sorry you didn’t feel you had value for money with our meal offerings. I do hope you will consider returning to us when you are next in the area, and thank you again for your review.
Bexley
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I attended a prestigious function on 18 July. The hotel was a disaster! The place settings were missing glasses and cutlery, the food was served at the wrong times, they started clearing the tables before we had finished eating, the bar had no corkscrew, the hotel had run out of the wine I wanted, it took ages to get served at the bar. It is hopelessly understaffed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank John W
Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I was most concerned when reading your comments, especially as the organiser of the Event in question has tweeted that the evening was a great success. Customer Service is always our key focus, so I would appreciate the opportunity of speaking with you so we may discuss your comments in more detail, therefore I hope you can spare me a moment of your time, and I look forward to your call.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!