“They did my daughter proud !!!”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn for my daughters wedding reception ! When she told me she was having her reception at the Holiday Inn I was a bit surprised to say the least ,thinking this was just a hotel for travellers .
Well I could not have been more wrong .
I arrived on the Friday afternoon and had a nice welcome at the reception my room did not include breakfast so was offered a voucher which was cheaper than paying on my room , I was on the 1st floor overlooking the car park but that was not a problem as the room was very soundproofed.
The room was a good size with TV ,coffee& tea available plenty of hanging space ,small table and an easy chair ,I liked the idea of the pillows telling you which ones were hard / soft there was a nice bathroom with a bath mat to stop slipping .
The rest of the family arrived that day as well including my daughter will trolley loads of decorations for her wedding venue you would have thought she was moving in for a week ! The wedding planner was not there till the morning but the staff were getting the Room ready and setting out the tables by late evening it was looking quite magical with a back drop of fairy lights to the top table .
We ate in the village that night it is within walking distance from the hotel . I went down to breakfast on the Saturday to find it a bit noisy with lots of footballers who seemed to have demolished lots of the food but it was soon replenished by the chef ,the staff were nice and friendly

The wedding planner had started putting out my daughters decorations and she said to me my daughter wins the prize for the most decorations she has ever seen . Left with just instructions inside every box we all went off to get ready ,I must say the staff were very excited about the event as well .
The wedding was held at Sidcup registry office which is only 25 mins away on our return to the venue we were greeted by the staff with a glass of bubbly there was a bar set up and we had the use of the garden while we waited for my daughter to arrive back which was wonderful as the weather was amazing .
I must say the wedding planner had done an amazing job the room and tables looked wonderful !!
The food for the wedding breakfast was excellent nicely presented and the plates were hot for the main course and the staff were very attentive .i could see all the way through my daughter was relaxed with the whole event and obviously very confident with the wedding planner she is a credit to the hotel .
After the meal and speeches we were able to use the garden while the room was got ready for the evening reception and dancing again done with the minimum amount of fuss .
I want to thank the wedding planner and the staff for my making my daughters wedding a truly memorable occasion.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

WOW, what can I say? This review is absolutely fantastic, and we are all so very pleased that your daughter had a wonderful Wedding Day. Our Hotel Team work really hard to ensure all our guests receive a warm welcome and a great stay, and I am really happy to learn this was the case for you. I hope you will return to us again in the near future, and thank you once again for taking the time to say nice things about us.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

stayed at this hotel for 2 nights 29th and 30th of june 2013. had a great deal on the internet for a weekend getaway.reception staff were very helpful and polite, room was great had a ground floor inside facing double room very quiet big bed roomy bathroom large tv and aircon. had a meal on first night in with price starter was lovely my main not to good but my partner enjoyed hers( and shes the fussy 1 lol), breakfast was not very hot but plenty of choice buffet style

Room Tip: if its a sunny day ask for room 3 it has a door opening out to the courtyard
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice comments, and I know all members of my team will be thrilled to read such positive feedback. I’m delighted that you found your room to be so welcoming, and that you found the team here at Bexley to be friendly and helpful. I hope that you will return to us if ever you are travelling this way again. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London-Bexley in the very near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have just spent three nights at this hotel and found it to be excellent in lots of ways. It's location suited my husband and I perfectly, for visiting relatives and also for going into London. The staff were very friendly and efficient, from reception to restaurant. All seemed to really make an effort to make the stay comfortable, addressing queries and giving service promptly. Breakfast was particularly good. Well stocked and freshly served.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

This is a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and say such lovely things about your stay with us, and I'm so pleased you and your husband enjoyed our Award Winning Holiday Inn Breakfast. Our hotel is approximately a five minute walk from Bexley Train Station, and the journey to Central London takes about 35 minutes, so I am really pleased you found our hotel to be the perfect location for your travelling needs for visiting London and your family. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to go onto Trip Advisor and I hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel for the location and they did a package that including travel to O2 arena . On arriving an hr early the young lady on the desk was very helpful and checked us in right away . Was very impressed with the room very clean and modern. We ordered our taxi which arrived quickly. Breakfast was help yourself buffet to which you could order fresh ommette which my partner said was better than mine . Would defiantly stay here again the train station is only 5 min walk away and the young man on reception was very helpful ( didn't catch his name but he was leaving on the 23rd July to go to another holiday inn hotel ) he was very friendly

• Stayed: August 2012
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

What a lovely review, thank you so much for your kind comments and I hope you had a memorable night at the O2 Arena. I’m also very grateful to you for acknowledging the helpfulness of my staff, and hope that our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast gave you a great start to the day before your journey home. Thank you once again, and we all look forward to you coming back to us again when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent 5/6 days in the hotel recently and picked this hotel because of its location but also its great price on offer considering it was a late booking and in the middle of London.

The location of the hotel for transport is fantastic just a minute walk to two popular bus stops and 10 minutes max to Bexley station.

The staff were great and helpful and pleasant. Although at times the restaurant staff seemed abit like they had only just started to be honest. For example I got a coffee and then had to go looking for milk.

However as nice as the staff were there is no hiding the fact that the hotel is cheap for a reason!

The food at the restaurant was terrible and very expensive. Although the price they charged is standard price for most hotels but the quality of the food was very poor and somewhat basic. £15 for a buffet but the food was far from great!

I stayed in room 210 and for some reason there was a very very strong smell of cigarrate smoke coming from the vents and bathroom fan. I don't smoke and this was a non-smoking room so I wasn't to happy smelling it. I thought at first it was just me and left it for a couple of days and opened the windows but just couldn't take it anymore and rang to complain. However the gentleman at reception upgraded my room to a deluxe suite (at no extra cost) for the last couple of days which I have to say I am very grateful for.

Overall I did enjoy my time at the hotel as I was staying here for work and needed to commute a lot and if you like somewhere were you wont really be staying in the hotel for long then this is the hotel for you. Just do what I did eat outside the hotel or get food outside the hotel and if need be bring it into the hotel with you!

Room Tip: AVOID ROOM 210!!! unless you like the smell of smoke
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor and I’m so pleased to learn that our location and great price suited your travelling needs. I would however like to offer my sincere apologies for your disappointing Restaurant experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are travelling to London again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. With regard to the smell of cigarette smoke, I am absolutely delighted to tell you that within the next 2 or 3 months, the hotel will become a non smoking establishment. Thank you once again for your Review, and I hope you will consider returning to us in the very near future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

excellent fit for purpose accommodation and very accommodating staff the breakfast was excellent especially the pancakes - the service was also excellent would stay there again if I was in the area thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

WOW, what a lovely review !! Thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and say such nice things about our hotel and staff. I’m so pleased you will stay with us again when next in the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

chose this hotel as we had a 25th anniversary to go to nearby.my wife and i usually use premier inns so this was going to be a comparison exercise. well check in staff were very nice so it was 50-50 there. room was nice and clean but the bed was nowhere as comfy as premier inns.we booked breakfast when we checked in as it was £11.50 with a voucher but an eye watering £17.90 if you pay on the day. premier inns are £7. the breakfast itself was fine once the chef had replenished the dishes. when i went to get mine there was 3 sausages/1 rasher of bacon /beans/ 3 halves of tomato /and the black pudding was cut into tiny quarters !! why. very poor for the money. we were lucky with the parking.as they had a wedding show going on the barriers were up and it was free.all in all with the higher cost and in my opinion not as good standard premier inn wins hands down.also the bar prices are very high.

Room Tip: cant really help with room choice. we were in 110 which was fine and one good point was the double g...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and for your kind comments about our Reception Staff and the cleanliness of your bedroom. I was however very disappointed to learn that we let you down with your Breakfast Experience. I will certainly address the issue of the breakfast quality with my Head Chef, as this is not typical of our standard of service, as our famous Holiday Inn breakfast should have provided a great start to your day. I hope you will consider returning to us in the near future when you will be made most welcome.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#357 of 1,076 in London
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!