“Worth the money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Newcastle
“Worth the money”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Have just spent three nights at this hotel and found it to be excellent in lots of ways. It's location suited my husband and I perfectly, for visiting relatives and also for going into London. The staff were very friendly and efficient, from reception to restaurant. All seemed to really make an effort to make the stay comfortable, addressing queries and giving service promptly. Breakfast was particularly good. Well stocked and freshly served.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
This is a fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and say such lovely things about your stay with us, and I'm so pleased you and your husband enjoyed our Award Winning Holiday Inn Breakfast. Our hotel is approximately a five minute walk from Bexley Train Station, and the journey to Central London takes about 35 minutes, so I am really pleased you found our hotel to be the perfect location for your travelling needs for visiting London and your family. Once again, many thanks for taking the time to go onto Trip Advisor and I hope you will return to us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Picked this hotel for the location and they did a package that including travel to O2 arena . On arriving an hr early the young lady on the desk was very helpful and checked us in right away . Was very impressed with the room very clean and modern. We ordered our taxi which arrived quickly. Breakfast was help yourself buffet to which you could order fresh ommette which my partner said was better than mine . Would defiantly stay here again the train station is only 5 min walk away and the young man on reception was very helpful ( didn't catch his name but he was leaving on the 23rd July to go to another holiday inn hotel ) he was very friendly

• Stayed August 2012
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
What a lovely review, thank you so much for your kind comments and I hope you had a memorable night at the O2 Arena. I’m also very grateful to you for acknowledging the helpfulness of my staff, and hope that our award winning Holiday Inn Breakfast gave you a great start to the day before your journey home. Thank you once again, and we all look forward to you coming back to us again when you are next visiting the area.
Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent 5/6 days in the hotel recently and picked this hotel because of its location but also its great price on offer considering it was a late booking and in the middle of London.

The location of the hotel for transport is fantastic just a minute walk to two popular bus stops and 10 minutes max to Bexley station.

The staff were great and helpful and pleasant. Although at times the restaurant staff seemed abit like they had only just started to be honest. For example I got a coffee and then had to go looking for milk.

However as nice as the staff were there is no hiding the fact that the hotel is cheap for a reason!

The food at the restaurant was terrible and very expensive. Although the price they charged is standard price for most hotels but the quality of the food was very poor and somewhat basic. £15 for a buffet but the food was far from great!

I stayed in room 210 and for some reason there was a very very strong smell of cigarrate smoke coming from the vents and bathroom fan. I don't smoke and this was a non-smoking room so I wasn't to happy smelling it. I thought at first it was just me and left it for a couple of days and opened the windows but just couldn't take it anymore and rang to complain. However the gentleman at reception upgraded my room to a deluxe suite (at no extra cost) for the last couple of days which I have to say I am very grateful for.

Overall I did enjoy my time at the hotel as I was staying here for work and needed to commute a lot and if you like somewhere were you wont really be staying in the hotel for long then this is the hotel for you. Just do what I did eat outside the hotel or get food outside the hotel and if need be bring it into the hotel with you!

Room Tip: AVOID ROOM 210!!! unless you like the smell of smoke
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor and I’m so pleased to learn that our location and great price suited your travelling needs. I would however like to offer my sincere apologies for your disappointing Restaurant experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are travelling to London again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay. With regard to the smell of cigarette smoke, I am absolutely delighted to tell you that within the next 2 or 3 months, the hotel will become a non smoking establishment. Thank you once again for your Review, and I hope you will consider returning to us in the very near future.
Bexley
Reviewed June 23, 2013

excellent fit for purpose accommodation and very accommodating staff the breakfast was excellent especially the pancakes - the service was also excellent would stay there again if I was in the area thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
WOW, what a lovely review !! Thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and say such nice things about our hotel and staff. I’m so pleased you will stay with us again when next in the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again.
epping essex
Reviewed June 23, 2013

chose this hotel as we had a 25th anniversary to go to nearby.my wife and i usually use premier inns so this was going to be a comparison exercise. well check in staff were very nice so it was 50-50 there. room was nice and clean but the bed was nowhere as comfy as premier inns.we booked breakfast when we checked in as it was £11.50 with a voucher but an eye watering £17.90 if you pay on the day. premier inns are £7. the breakfast itself was fine once the chef had replenished the dishes. when i went to get mine there was 3 sausages/1 rasher of bacon /beans/ 3 halves of tomato /and the black pudding was cut into tiny quarters !! why. very poor for the money. we were lucky with the parking.as they had a wedding show going on the barriers were up and it was free.all in all with the higher cost and in my opinion not as good standard premier inn wins hands down.also the bar prices are very high.

Room Tip: cant really help with room choice. we were in 110 which was fine and one good point was the double g...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and for your kind comments about our Reception Staff and the cleanliness of your bedroom. I was however very disappointed to learn that we let you down with your Breakfast Experience. I will certainly address the issue of the breakfast quality with my Head Chef, as this is not typical of our standard of service, as our famous Holiday Inn breakfast should have provided a great start to your day. I hope you will consider returning to us in the near future when you will be made most welcome.
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I find that holiday inns can be a little 'samey' however the staff here do make this a really pleasant stay. The room was standard fare for a holiday inn, just what you'd expect, however the breakfast and staff were good. Car park costs £3 which always annoys me

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the staff here at Bexley, this is very much appreciated and I hope our famous award winning Holiday Inn breakfast provided a great start to your day. Our car park charge of £3 per night is in line with local hotels of a similar standard, and I would like to assure you that we try to keep our charges to a minimum. Thank you once again for your review, and we hope you will consider returning to the Holiday Inn London-Bexley in the very near future.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife, two teenage kids and myself along with my brother and his wife stayed here for one night whilst going to a surprise birthday party for our sister in Bexley Heath.
Location easy to find, just a few minutes from the M25.
Accommodation. We were met at reception by friendly helpful staff who directed us to our room.
We were asked if we wanted breakfast, but at £11.45 each person if we booked then or £16.45 if we left it until Sunday morning was too expensive for us.
The room was a family room and was big enough for us and very clean with plenty of clean towels. Our room was on the ground floor and very quiet considering we were near the A2 into London.
If I was to have any criticism it would be that the double bed dipped in the middle and was a little uncomfortable.
My Brother had a double room which again was clean and spacious.
We walked into Bexley town which was about 10 minutes at a leisurely walk to eat our evening meal. There are a few pubs in the area serving good food within easy reach and a lot cheaper. Additionally there are restaurants or Bexley Heath with a bigger selection is a few minutes away in the car.
We left on the Sunday morning paying £3.00 for overnight parking.
Overall our stay was comfortable and I would use this hotel again should I need to.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased you found us to be the perfect location for the party you were attending. Thank you also for your kind comments about the staff and also the cleanliness of your allocated bedrooms. I was however very concerned to learn of your disappointment with the comfort of the bed, and would offer my sincere apologies for this. I’m absolutely delighted that you will return to us if you are visiting the area in the future and would like to thank you once again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
#7 of 7 in Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
Premier Inn Dartford
#1 of 7 in Dartford

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!