“holiday inn bexley”

Holiday Inn London-Bexley
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Reviewed June 23, 2013

excellent fit for purpose accommodation and very accommodating staff the breakfast was excellent especially the pancakes - the service was also excellent would stay there again if I was in the area thanks

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

WOW, what a lovely review !! Thank you so much for taking the time to go into Trip Advisor and say such nice things about our hotel and staff. I’m so pleased you will stay with us again when next in the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

chose this hotel as we had a 25th anniversary to go to nearby.my wife and i usually use premier inns so this was going to be a comparison exercise. well check in staff were very nice so it was 50-50 there. room was nice and clean but the bed was nowhere as comfy as premier inns.we booked breakfast when we checked in as it was £11.50 with a voucher but an eye watering £17.90 if you pay on the day. premier inns are £7. the breakfast itself was fine once the chef had replenished the dishes. when i went to get mine there was 3 sausages/1 rasher of bacon /beans/ 3 halves of tomato /and the black pudding was cut into tiny quarters !! why. very poor for the money. we were lucky with the parking.as they had a wedding show going on the barriers were up and it was free.all in all with the higher cost and in my opinion not as good standard premier inn wins hands down.also the bar prices are very high.

Room Tip: cant really help with room choice. we were in 110 which was fine and one good point was the double g...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and for your kind comments about our Reception Staff and the cleanliness of your bedroom. I was however very disappointed to learn that we let you down with your Breakfast Experience. I will certainly address the issue of the breakfast quality with my Head Chef, as this is not typical of our standard of service, as our famous Holiday Inn breakfast should have provided a great start to your day. I hope you will consider returning to us in the near future when you will be made most welcome.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I find that holiday inns can be a little 'samey' however the staff here do make this a really pleasant stay. The room was standard fare for a holiday inn, just what you'd expect, however the breakfast and staff were good. Car park costs £3 which always annoys me

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the staff here at Bexley, this is very much appreciated and I hope our famous award winning Holiday Inn breakfast provided a great start to your day. Our car park charge of £3 per night is in line with local hotels of a similar standard, and I would like to assure you that we try to keep our charges to a minimum. Thank you once again for your review, and we hope you will consider returning to the Holiday Inn London-Bexley in the very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife, two teenage kids and myself along with my brother and his wife stayed here for one night whilst going to a surprise birthday party for our sister in Bexley Heath.
Location easy to find, just a few minutes from the M25.
Accommodation. We were met at reception by friendly helpful staff who directed us to our room.
We were asked if we wanted breakfast, but at £11.45 each person if we booked then or £16.45 if we left it until Sunday morning was too expensive for us.
The room was a family room and was big enough for us and very clean with plenty of clean towels. Our room was on the ground floor and very quiet considering we were near the A2 into London.
If I was to have any criticism it would be that the double bed dipped in the middle and was a little uncomfortable.
My Brother had a double room which again was clean and spacious.
We walked into Bexley town which was about 10 minutes at a leisurely walk to eat our evening meal. There are a few pubs in the area serving good food within easy reach and a lot cheaper. Additionally there are restaurants or Bexley Heath with a bigger selection is a few minutes away in the car.
We left on the Sunday morning paying £3.00 for overnight parking.
Overall our stay was comfortable and I would use this hotel again should I need to.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for placing your review on Trip Advisor, and I’m so pleased you found us to be the perfect location for the party you were attending. Thank you also for your kind comments about the staff and also the cleanliness of your allocated bedrooms. I was however very concerned to learn of your disappointment with the comfort of the bed, and would offer my sincere apologies for this. I’m absolutely delighted that you will return to us if you are visiting the area in the future and would like to thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here the night before a charity cycling challenge to Brussels. The rooms were clean and the beds comfy. The staff were very helpful and friendly, looking after both us and our bikes!
Literally just off of the M 25 it was. Perfect place to start.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

This is a lovely review, thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and staff, and I’m really pleased we were the perfect location for your cycle challenge to Brussels. I hope your charity cycle challenge was successful, and we look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future. Thank you once again for such a nice review.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on business for one night. The check in process was very easy, with a very pleasant female receptionist who offered me a breakfast voucher and a choice of floor, which I thought was a nice touch.

My room on the 1st floor (room 107) was spacious and clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The room contained ample tea and coffee making facilities, shampoo, bath foam and soap. Everything was as good as new.

The bar staff were very busy during what seemed like a wedding celebration, but they still maintained their efficiency and friendliness when I went down for a quiet pint.

The room service menu was reasonably extensive, with a good choice of British produce which is a nice touch in large corporate hotel chains. The only disadvantage throughout my whole stay was that I had to try 3 times on the phone to get through to somebody who would take my order. I ordered a gourmet beef burger and another pint of lager. Despite the time taken to get through to the waitress, the order arrived very promptly. The 6oz beef was very tasty and was garnished in a brioche bun with mature cheddar, bacon, gherkins, lettuce, tomatoes and mayonnaise, served with a large portion of chips. I had expected this meal to be average as food like this so often is, but everything was superbly cooked.

I had a wonderful night's sleep in a double bed with firm synthetic pillows, although guests are given a choice between soft and firm, and synthetic or feather/down, as well as anti-allergy pillows. A quick call (hopefully) to reception will allow you to sleep with your choice of pillow.

I went down to breakfast at 8am and was greeted by a very friendly waitress and allowed to sit anywhere I liked. The breakfast buffet consists of a choice of anything from the buffet, including pastries, breads, meats, cheeses, cereal, fruit, fruit juice, pancakes and a cooked English breakfast. I was shown where everything was and I was greeted very quickly by another friendly waitress from whom I ordered coffee. She brought this over within a matter of seconds and poured for me. I then went up to the buffet for some orange juice, and a bowl of grapefruit and pineapple. The fruit was fresh and not out of a tin - a massive bonus! Also, they only included the best bits of the pineapple (i.e. not the hard bits close to the core). I then had a full English - everything was delicious. Fried and scrambled eggs are available from the buffet, but poached or boiled eggs can be ordered from a member of staff. I opted for the scrambled which, with pepper on, was surprisingly tasty, as I am not normally impressed by hotel scrambled egg.

My check out process was very easy. When asked by the receptionist (the same lady who checked me in) how my stay was, I told the receptionist that it was very good indeed, and would have been excellent (i.e. 5 stars) if not for the time taken to order room service. However, she apologised and took the breakfast charge off my room (I didn't moan about it, but told her in a friendly manner), so I thought she had gone above and beyond by doing this.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend to others coming to the area for whatever reason.

Room Tip: If it matters to you, you may be offered the choice of floor your room is on like I was. You can cho...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

What a fantastic review !! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, and we are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s not very often in this day and age that people actually take the time to write nice things, so I know all my staff will be thrilled to read your comments. I’m so pleased you will stay with us again when next in the area, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights non-sequentially and the first room was large and had space for our luggage, plus a queen sized bed. The second room was very small and difficult for two people to share - bed was a double bed. The hotel hosts 2 Rotary Clubs. Public areas are really at a good standard. Breakfasts were good one time and poor the next. They provide a wedding venue as well, so it can be quite busy. Bar was out of brandy and one wine when we ordered.

This hotel is in general attractively priced for business people who dont expect too much. Broadband (WiFi) is not free. Parking is annoying in that your friends picking you up need to go to reception to have the ticket validated (although they have a free 45 minutes).

Also, the hotel has a high hedge which makes it very dangerous to pull out from the parking area into the roadway.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor rooms are these can be very tiny.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HOLIDAYINN2012, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. With regard to the WiFi, I am happy to tell you that the InterContinental Hotel Group, of which we are a part of, is going to offer free internet in all hotels to all loyalty programme members (IHG Rewards Club) - whether they stay the night or come in for a coffee or an impromptu meeting. This will start from July 2013 for Elite members and extend to all members during 2014, so I hope this good news will encourage you to return to us again in the near future. Once again, many thanks for placing your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#340 of 1,076 in London
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!