“Avoid”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bexley
Swansea
“Avoid”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here for business on Wednesday but will NEVER stay here again, booked in fine but as soon as I passed reception the bar area was full of teenagers being loud swearing and drinking alcohol purchased from a supermarket. ( drinking tesco alcohol by the tv plugged in with the play station ). Not at any time did a member of staff attempt to stop any of the guests from swearing or to tone down the volume, this is not a hotel I wish to relax in after a hard days work so will never return.

Room Tip: Stayed on the ground floor which I found to be quite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnBexley, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor. I was deeply shocked to learn that you were subjected to such noisy and unacceptable behaviour from some of our other guests. We do expect all of our guests to behave in a considerate manner, and I really am extremely sorry that you had to experience this. Please feel free to contact me or my P.A. directly if you are travelling to London again so that we may personally take care of you and your next stay. Once again please do accept my apologies and I hope you will consider returning to us in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Booked at this hotel for a one night’s stay. I last stayed here some 10 years ago and found the reception/bar & entrance area was much improved. I had requested a high floor, smoking room, on the quiet side of the hotel and on opening the bedroom door, became immediately aware of the lack of heat in the room. I found that the window was stuck in the open position open and I could not close it. I went to phone the reception to advise of this problem, only to find that someone had forgotten to put a phone in the room! After being backwards and forwards to the reception to get a change of room, finally the hotel manager arrived at our door to close the window, In all fairness he tried several times without success to close the window and within 5 minutes, he had sorted out another room – problem solved (albeit, it was 40 minutes after arriving at the hotel!
House-keeping/maintenance certainly let down their general manager and guests, by not making the room unavailable due to the broken window frame; as for not having a telephone in the room, I’m bewildered at best. As a result of this saga the manager game me 2 x free drinks/snack vouchers and 500 points, which although gratefully received, comes straight off the bottom line of the hotels profits & that’s 40 minutes of my life I’ll never get back again..
The bed had an cheap/inferior waterproof cover over the mattress, which proved to be very uncomfortable and I had a broken night’s sleep through-out the night. The pillows were rock hard and it was clear to see they had not been fluffed up to freshen up the pillow – lack of attention to detail, or laziness, I know not.
Breakfast was farcical and I understand that it finished for all guests at 10.00hrs. I arrived in the breakfast room at 09.10 and found the following:-
Eggs were rock hard and rubbery after obviously been cooked 1hr + earlier, the six rashers of bacon which were left in the pan were burnt and fatty, the 3 x half /overcooked burnt tomatoes were like prunes. Having paid £11.95 for a good English breakfast, I expected a much better value – trust me, this was not good value.
Where was the dining room management? – I couldn’t see anyone! are they turning a blind eye to this cost cutting exercise – I would suggest that they start considering their guests interests for a change, rather than their what seems to be their own.
I never thought it could get worse, but on checkout, it was again a farcical exercise. When I mentioned that I had not received the “Daily Mail” which I ordered, was told that it would be arriving in around 15 mins time – keeping in mind it was around 13.00hrs at the time! The receptionist had a poor command of the English language and asked numerous unnecessary questions – meanwhile all I wanted to do was check out!
I did for a fleeting moment consider telling her about the breakfast saga, but decided I did not want to waste another ½ hr of my life!
As mentioned, it was 10 years since I was last in this hotel and it will be another 10 years before I stay here ago – would seriously suggest, that you find another Holiday Inn instead; such as the Holiday Inn Express in Dartford which is much, much better.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, not overlooking the A2 dual carriage road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnBexley, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor, and I am very sorry for your disappointing visit to the Holiday Inn London-Bexley. Customer Service is always our key focus, so I would appreciate the opportunity of speaking with you so we may discuss your comments in more detail, therefore I hope you can spare me a moment of your time, and look forward to your call. Once again, my sincere apologies for your poor Guest Experience.
Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My wife and I picked the holiday inn bexley as it was close to woolwich hospital where our third grandchild was about to be born. We stayed two nights over the birth and then for three nights two weeks later.

Each stay was excellent, rooms were clean and well appointed. Staff could not have been more helpful and friendly from the room cleaner up to the hotel manager.

Breakfast and evening meals were first class and the overall cost was good. We had executive rooms first stay and standard rooms second stay both excellent value.

We shall return! T.Stack

Room Tip: Front of hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnBexley, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
What a fantastic review !!! Thank you so much for this, and we are all so happy that you enjoyed your stay so much the first time, that you decided to return to us again. Also I would like to say many congratulations on the birth of your third grandchild, and we hope the new addition will mean that you will consider staying with us whenever you are visiting your family in the future. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London Bexley.
Rochdale, England
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I stayed two nights in february, and on arrival was pleased to find my deluxe room nicely equipped, although the foam pillows and cheap duvet aren't very impressive. I couldn't sleep comfortably as a result.

First night parking was free, but second night (weds) they'd put the barrier down and were charging residents £3 for parking.

I ate in the restaurant, and the food was fine.The staff were excellent, but really, charging £16 for wi-fi is daylight robbery, and they should be ashamed.

2 Thank wroughtironron
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, and I was delighted to read your comments about the food quality and the staff here at Bexley. As part of the Holiday Inn Global rebranding, all of our bedrooms have been refreshed in the last 18 months for example new beds, HD TV's, new carpets, new shower and bath experience and a choice of soft and firm pillows, so I was very disappointed to learn that you didn’t sleep well, as we do endeavour to ensure that all our guests have a Great Nights Sleep.

With regard to our internet, I just wanted to explain the reasoning for our prices. Over the last few years we've invested heavily in providing our guests with super high speed, secure internet. Technically, what sets us apart is the amount of bandwidth each hotel enjoys. So, unlike a basic broadband connection, we're able to guarantee excellent speed, not just for a few of our guests, but for hundreds.

In addition we offer 24/7 technical support should you require any assistance. To make all this possible we do need to apply a sensible charge for internet use. We value and appreciate your comments and we are currently looking at how we meet all our guests expectations on the quality and price of internet.

Thank you again for writing your review, and I hope you will return to us when you are next in the area.
Bristol
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Stayed overnight on Sunday 13 Jan and was very impressed with the room - spotlessly clean, stylish and very comfortable. A minor complaint - it was very warm in the room and although I adjusted the theremostat, it didn`t seem to make any difference. Dinner and breakfast were very good and all the staff were really pleasant and helpful. Would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnBexley, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice comments, and I know all members of my team will be thrilled to read such positive feedback. I’m delighted that you found the staff to be so pleasant and helpful, and that you enjoyed your Breakfast and Dinner in our restaurant. Our Housekeeping team work really hard to ensure cleanliness throughout the hotel, and I'm so pleased you found this to be the case on your arrival. Thank you once again for taking the time to place your review, and I'm so pleased that you will return to us if ever you are travelling this way again.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Close to the A2 and M25, this place is very convenient for people working or visiting the towns south of London. Staff are friendly and competent, the rooms are basic but clean and well maintained and the breakfast was spot-on. The hotel is only 10 mins walk from Bexley High St too which is a friendly place for eating and drinking. Will definitely consider staying again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnBexley, General Manager at Holiday Inn London-Bexley, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice comments on Trip Advisor, and I’m delighted that you found the hotel to be in an excellent location. I was also pleased to note you found our staff friendly, and the rooms to be comfortable and clean. I hope that our famous Holiday Inn breakfast provided a great start to your day and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London-Bexley in the very near future.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed here for a mate's wedding in 2012. Pretty middle of the road hotel, comfortable enough although the room was a touch small for my taste. Seemed to be some sort of weird conference party going on in the lobby when we got back after the wedding, which precluded any chance of a quiet drink at the bar. However, I've stayed in worse hotels in my life, and if you're staying out here, your choices are limited. Not too bad an option if you must.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to place your review on Trip Advisor and I’m delighted that you found the hotel to be comfortable for your stay. We hold many conferences and social functions at the hotel, Wedding Receptions, Birthday and Anniversary parties to name but a few, so I was sorry to learn you were unable to have a quiet drink at the bar due to a function being held here. I hope this wont deter you from visiting us again if you are ever in the area.
Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn London-Bexley in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bexley
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Bexleyheath
Premier Inn London Bexleyheath Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Dartford Bridge
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
Travelodge London Sidcup Hotel
Mercure Dartford Brands Hatch Hotel & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn London-Bexley? Share your experiences!