“a good lunch”
Review of Hermit of Redcoats

Hermit of Redcoats
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Hermit of Redcoats has undergone a complete refurbishment to return it to its original rustic country style. We aim to provide a traditional pub atmosphere with great ales, wines and a hearty menu. We pride ourselves on serving quintessentially British food; locally sourced recipes from our country's culinary history made exceptionally well. Our team of chefs are passionate and talented so come and visit our gorgeous pub and gardens to sample a true taste of English country life. We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wednesday lunch: good food at a very reasonable prices, well presented with friendly service. and it it was far from empty!

There are newer reviews for Hermit of Redcoats

Reviewed November 26, 2012

After reading the reviews on these pages i have visited this pub twice in the last fortnight. . It was dead both times. I was the only person in there. 1st time was a lunch time, 2nd time was after work. 1st time a male behind bar pottering around. 2nd visit no staff behind bar. Got served in thd end by a lady from the kitchen i think who didnt seem to no what she was doing or how to operate the tills. So unprofessional... The place was rubbish. No visible front of house staff. No friendly faces, no organisation anywhere. It was cold. Not appealing in any shape or form on my two recent visists. . Is it new management? If so. Are you actually ready for paying members of the public to choose to pick your pub to stop at , there is a wide choice out there, where you are greeted with a smile. Where they have staff. And were the pub is warm and inviting as you walk throuh the door. I never got any of the above ön my two recent visits.. Visiting other local haunts for food and drinks in future.. May pop back in the future to see if any improvements..

2  Thank Rokitothemoon
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I used to visit a lot but the old manageress was just too much for me so I stopped, however there is a new guvoner and governess in town and they seem lovely. It is a charming little pub set in really nice surroundings I have now been in twice just for a beer (which might I add was wonderful) the manager a scots man was extremely personable as was his other half. I will certainly be returning at the weekend with my family to try your Sunday lunch.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Enjoyed a lovely weekend and meals here. Great food and a great ambience with very friendly staff and excellant menu.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We booked out daughters wedding with Maria, together with the marquee and evening hog roast in conjunction with Steve of the Flying Spit. Throughout the whole years organisation Maria was totally supportive, always willing to listen to our requests, and helped us put together as delicious menu for our guests. Nothing was too much trouble and Maria made us feel that our wedding was important to her as it was to us! Many members of the wedding party enjoyed a get-together at The Hermit on the evening before the wedding. We and our guests also gathered here together the following day to enjoy a full english breakfast before seeing the bride and groom off on thier honeymoon. A perfect three days celebrating our daughter and new son-in-laws marriage. Thank you.