“1 night Business Trip”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton Scotney
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“1 night Business Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

On arrival on Tuesday 3rd December at 10pm (3 hrs late due to closed M3) I was greeted by 2 very friendly smiling faces behind the bar. The two ladies working there (whose names escape me I apologise, but they were lovely and ones name was double-barrelled) went out of their way to make myself and my boss feel welcome and the fact that we were late for food didn't phase them at all. We were waited on hand and foot so thank you very much to them. Also the young lady on reception who I communicated with en route was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
Room was lovely (but a fair old hike!), food was very nice, and overall I really liked the place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at Norton Park. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and sorry to hear about the delay caused by the M3 closure but glad that you and your boss were looked after during your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Can't fault the staff, who were helpful and friendly at all times. On arrival at reception, the entry is very stark and the whole place is cold and unwelcoming, the only bit of colour were the three flags outside. Even the Christmas tree is tucked away out of sight. The bar area and restaurant are very dated, the colour scheme is tired and needs updating ! The tv is on all day in the bar with the sound, understandably, turned down, but why no music in the background? The pool was a good size, but again dated, no jacuzzi or relaxing music The grounds of the hotel are delightful but the complex seemed very disjointed and lacked atmosphere. So although we enjoyed our stay, we wouldn't return, but with some input from the management I am sure improvements can easily be made.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I will pass on your kind comments regarding the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff to the team. When the hotel was redeveloped in 2007/2008 strict planning guidelines were set regarding outside lighting that has limited the lighting at the entrance of the hotel. I take on board your comments regarding the bar and their should have been background music playing during your stay. The Christmas tree for the Foyer is being put up this week as the one you saw was outside our banqueting room where our first Christmas party was taking place.

Thank you again for your feedback.
Heathfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our break in this hotel near Winchester. It is set in beautiful countryside and has every amenity. The food was great and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. I foolishly left some keys in the safe and they were sent back to me straight away.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the restaurant to avoid a long walk.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Norton Park Hotel. I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your break with us and found the team here so welcoming and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Even the ride through the grounds to reach the hotel says you're going to get away from everything! All the staff are so friendly. Pool was empty for an evening swim and lovely to have a sauna as well. Arrived back at our room totally relaxed.
Had to be the quietest nights sleep wed beer had at a hotel! Had an excellent breakfast in the morning, the choice was very good ( you could have eaten loads as I'm sure many did). Really set up for an enjoyable visit to Winchester's Christmas market.

Room Tip: Ask for one further away from reception.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your stay. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to relax and enjoy a peaceful nights sleep. Winchester Christmas market is fantastic and I am glad you were able to visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Just finished our over night spa break and I can say I'm glad we had the special offer and didn't pay any more.
First impressions .. Beautiful!!!! Very clean and reception staff were lovely!
Went to our room .. The room was lovely too couldn't fault it even a letter saying "happy birthday" was on the bed with some chocolates as we were there for a birthday treat. That was a nice touch!!
Dinner was OK nothing amazing .. We sent the sirloin steak back as we ask for it to have no blood but to be tender and it was very chewy and at £22.00 didn't think that was acceptable. However the staff were fab.. Chloe and Jacob seen to us that night and didn't make us feel awkward for returning the food and gladly brought out a burger (£14.50) instead. It was a shame to hear other people around us complain about there meal. Overall I'd say the meal was not amazing for the money however if the prices were cheaper I don't think it would of been so bad but for high prices you expect high quality.
The spa was a bit of a let down. Basic facility's for a spa but we were happy enough. One thing I didn't like was in the "relaxation room" where you help your self to hot drinks and beds to lay in .. Lovely idea but no milk or sugar as it was herbal teas .. Even tho there was normal tea and coffee. The bin was disgustingly overflowing with rubbish, the sink was dirty and the lovely comfy beds were all unmade due to people using them all day and by the looks of it hadn't been freshened up all day!!!! I find it strange how when you have a treatment due to Heath and hygiene you have fresh towels for every person but there had been people in and out of these beds all day and they weren't changed??!! Needless to say I gave the beds a miss!!
The treatment was lovely tho.. Facial and head,neck and scalp massage.
I don't like moaning and I hate reading moany reviews but this was our experience..
Lovely staff, lovely hotel but a little more attention to detail is needed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MiniRedders
Firstly may I wish you a Happy Birthday and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologise that you experienced shortfalls during your stay in relation to the food and spa but I thank you for bringing this to my attention. We have introduced our new menu this month and I am sure that we will see a great improvement and I am glad that Jacob and Chloe were able to help you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your massage and it would be great to welcome you back.
Mobberely
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Spent a couple of wonderful nights here recently and found the whole place lovely. Staff very helpful with plenty of amenities to suit most people. Room service was great and they were very accommodating when it came to traveling with a baby, would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review of your stay at Norton Park. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the team so friendly. We look forward to welcoming you all back.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is very average..we expected it to be far nicer from the website photos and write up. Room very small,beds terribly uncomfortable bathroom tiny couldnt even open shower door without shutting bathroom door..got in shower to find shower hose split and water squirting everywhere. Spa is dirty to say the least..visited 3 times andthe floors around pool steamroon and changing rooms not cleaned once in the 3 days we were there..even noticed the same piece of tissue on the floor in the same place for 3 days..health risk..disgusting..spa staff not interested and just stood around chatting doing nothing and quite miserable...worst spa ive ever been too really dissapointed. Food average and drinks expensive. Ashtrays full overflowing for the 3 days. A reasonably priced weejend break but very dissapointing

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Norton Park. I would like to apologise for the shortfall in standards that you experienced. The hotel has been developed over a number of years resulting in their being three distinct styles of bedrooms. Your bedroom was the smaller of the the three but still measured. The bathroom design, with over sized glass shower doors, dose give the impression of a smaller bathroom. Housekeeping and Maintenance work very closely together to ensure that our bedrooms are presented in the best possible condition. The shower house is checked when the bathrooms are cleaned and twas in working order however faults can occur at any time Their is no excuse for the the leisure facilities not being cleaned to a high standard and I have taken the matter up with the Leisure & Spa Manager to see where our systems fell down.
As you can see from the majority of the reviews that your experience is not the norm however I apologise again for the shortfall in stanards you experienced
I
Lime Wood Hotel
#2 of 8 in Lyndhurst
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,220 reviews
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton

Been to Norton Park - A QHotel? Share your experiences!