Stayed for 4 days and had dinner inhouse. Still best hotel in town if you need to be in the area, located in a park, with friendly but sometimes inexperienced staff.
Long (and confusing) walk distance to rooms including a cold outdoor alley passage and 2 elevators, but no porters on arrival and only a half-broken baggage trolley available (and not always, as nobody brings it back). Modern and well equipped but cramped rooms and good bathroom. Free wifi, flat tv (with not so user friendly interface and rather costly rented movies), small fridge (no minibar), coffee and tea kettle (properly replenished each day), a safebox and 2 (!) ironing boards. One board and one folding bench for luggage occupied most of the closet space but there was not enough floor space to use them. Heating was not working but service attended immediately.
Excellent variety in bouffet breakfast. Dinner at the restaurant (needs booking) is a hit or miss, they obviously try to cook gourmet with mixed result, limited variety to choose from (but same plate looks rather different each day). Try the Ribeye, avoid the red snapper. Good deserts. Friendly waiters but slow service when busy.
Restaurant reception doubles as a guard against non payers ("Have you signed the bill?"), not the most welcome goodnight.
Didn't try the pool and gym, many people seemed happy to use them.
Overall a good hotel, I would say it just needs some more experienced guidance in hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the outskirts of Winchester, Norton Park is a sumptuous four star hotel blending beautiful contemporary chic with historical elegance all set within 54 acres of peaceful grounds. No matter what your reason for visiting, on business, a family trip or a spa break, the hotel has all the facilities to surpass your expectations. For those visiting on business, be it for a board meeting, a residential conference, training seminar or annual dinner the state-of-the-art facilities are exceptional. Norton Park offers 16 conference and meeting rooms for up to 340 delegates within the main hotel, the Manor House and for something a little different the 17th century Tythe Barn. On the doorstep to all that Hampshire has to offer including historic Winchester with its magnificent cathedral and the coastal cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, Norton Park is an ideal base for a leisure break with family and friends. The hotel has 166 modern bedrooms, a large leisure complex and spa, a great restaurant and beautiful landscaped gardens to stroll around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Norton Park - A QHotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton Park - a q Hotel Sutton Scotney
- Norton Park a Qhotel Winchester
- Norton Park - A QHotel Sutton Scotney, Hampshire, UK