“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sutton Scotney
London, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend break with my partner. We had a very pleasant room, not too big but big enough. It had almost everything we needed including a free bar. I asked for peppermint teabags as there was camomile and others in the room, but not the type I wanted. They refused to provide any when I asked in the bar, we managed to persuade room service to deliver some but it was such a hassle that I ended up buying some when we were shopping in Winchester rather than ask again.

We didn't use the gym or spa. We didn't have to wait at breakfast, despite what others have said and the warnings on arrival about busy times. I waited 20 mins for soya milk for my cereal though, which was ridiculous. Our evening meal in the bar was very enjoyable, then we ate in Winchester the second night.

The only other issue was a massive spider in the bath on the second morning, I let my other half deal with that!

Staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful, in the main. A little staff training for the waiting staff in the restaurant wouldn't go amiss, I don't want to listen to them gossiping while I'm eating.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Norton Park. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and apologise for the short comings that you experienced. I have spoken to the restaurant manager to ensure that conversation is kept to a minimum by staff and guests requirements are dealt with in a speedy manner, which is the expected norm.

We hope to welcome you back to Norton Park in the future when you can take advantage of our spa area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Polish first
Broadway, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here recently for work reasons as a conference I was attending was being held here. On the whole, I was very satisfied as the rooms were clean and comfy, the food and drink excellent and the service from the staff very good. The Spa area looked pleasant but didn't have time to use it.

My one gripe about the hotel is the layout. On arrival the car parking area is quite a trek from reception, after which (depending on the the room you get) is a long hike back to the room from which in my case I was overlooking my car. As parts of the hotel are poorly lit this isn't overly enjoyable when arriving tired with heavy luggage.

Otherwise though all very nice so 4/5

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for your comments following your visit to Norton Park.

We pride ourselves with excellent staff and provide all we can to our guests.

The walk way from the car park to the hotel reception was last week upgraded and new lighting was added, which we hope will improve the entrance for guests to the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back one day.
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel as we fancied a weekend in Winchester. The hotel is set in beautiful countryside. Make sure you have the address or a sat nav, because it is quiet remote.
Check in was straight forward and staff were very polite and friendly. Unfortunately, we had not called to reserve a table for dinner so we had to wait until 9p.m. The hotel is split into two, joined by a covered walkway. The leisure facilities are located in the rear part of the hotel. We were fortunate to have a room which was very close by. There is a small pool, sauna, steam room and gym. All very nice. The hotel was quiet full and the restaurant gets busy. All the staff are helpful and polite. The food was quiet nice, not the best meals we've had, but were good value.
Our room was very comfortable with very nice decor. The bathroom was small but with a large shower, which was good. No bath. There was a mini fridge in the room which was handy for chilling our own wine! Good nights sleep, no noise and comfy bed. Because the hotel was so busy, we had to queue each morning to be seated for breakfast. Breakfast was plentyful and varied. Had to queue to check out, 5 mins. We would recommend this hotel and we would stay there again. All in all, a good hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wackyracer62
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay at Norton Park and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We had a very full hotel during your stay so I apologise for you having to wait to be seated for breakfast, this is not usually the norm. We are soon to be making changes in the kitchen so in future we will ensure that all food is to the highest standard.

I hope you were able to make use of our spa facilities during your stay, if not then I hope to welcome you back in the future for this experience.
eastbourne
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay at the hotel regularly-the staff, location and amenities are great, however the restaurant service, especially at breakfast, has slipped in recent weeks/months. Tables not ready, staff rushed, cold buffet not regularly topped up.
I'd recommend the Noton Park to anyone, however a bit more attention to detail will keep it on top of the list of hotels in the area

Room Tip: Unless you want a long walk, ask for a room in the nearest to the pool/spa area
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor with regard to your recent stay at Norton Park.

I apologise that the standards were not what you are used to. During your stay we were extremely busy and the staff in the restaurant always do their best to ensure tables are cleared and relayed as soon as possible. We like to ask for guests to be seated by staff to ensure they are placed at a set table as often as possible.

The kitchen will shortly be getting an upgrade to ensure food is regularly replenished and delivered on time.

I hope to welcome you back to Norton Park in the future where I hope you will notice the improvements.
Epsom
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My daughter and I went to this hotel for a mini hen celebrate her upcoming wedding. The Spa was great, the Hotel standards very good and the Food excellent. All included in a Spa package worth every penny. We had a great time together, never to forget!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Many thanks for your comments. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time at our hotel and spa. We like to ensure that our guests have the best time possible whilst at the hotel and appreciate comments such as these.

We hope to welcome you back to Norton Park again one day.
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Very new rooms. Good service.
Food average. Gym and pool are good. Would stay here for up to £90 but above that and you have to be part of a work function.
Nice and handy for the countryside if you are keen on cycling.

• Stayed September 2012
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Many thanks for your comments. Norton Park is set in an ideal location, very close to major roads but also on the door step of lovely countryside.

Our food service and production has recently been improved due to a full set of kitchen staff recruited to ensure the guests needs are met.
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed in this hotel during a house move and found it comfortable with every thing we needed. The policy of allowing dogs was one of the reasons for staying here. Food is of a good standard with child portions on the large size. One down side is the waiting to be seated at breakfast, 3 days in a row we waited to be seated with waitering staff noticing us and I asked to be seated and got the reply " no because you'll be que jumping and I can't do it anyway the supervisor has to do it" this just seemed silly to me. Either have all your staff allowed to seat guests or have someone at the desk at all times. The que got to it's biggests of 6 couples all of us discussing what a silly arrangement it was.

Overall a good stay mared by breakfast que waiting, but with good food and comfortable rooms.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tom186284, General Manager at Norton Park - A QHotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Many thanks for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that your family had a good stay at Norton Park.

We are looking at the process of seating people in the restaurant at breakfast time and hope to see an improvement very shortly. All staff should be able to seat guests and that is what we shall be working on.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutton Scotney
Winchester Royal Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Holiday Inn Winchester
Holiday Inn Winchester
#5 of 13 in Winchester

Been to Norton Park - A QHotel? Share your experiences!