“great service, good breakfast , spotless bathroom.”
Review of Birch Hotel

Birch Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Heywood
Tipton, United Kingdom
“great service, good breakfast , spotless bathroom.”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Overall our overnight stay was very satisfactory, bed linen and bathroom excellent .large tv , the furniture / décor could do with up dating, which I was advised was being done this year, would stay again, service was excellent, breakfast good. The most important thing cleanliness, was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank dawn p
THEBIRCHHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at Birch Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Dawn,

Thank you for your review, Hospitality is something we pride ourselves in and we continuously strive to make each guests stay comfortable. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Lisa Collinge
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

The hotel is a little aged, but the staff are absolutely lovely, the receptionist was so friendly and helpful. Our room was quite small and the shower was a bit hot and cold, but for £70 so close to Manchester it was fine. Very good location for the Phones 4 U arena, it took us 20 minutes on a Saturday afternoon to get there.

The interior was a bit shabby but we did like the prints on the wall, which had been commissioned for the hotel and were a nice touch.

The hotel was quiet, we slept well.

We were a little disappointed that breakfast was only served until 9:30 on a Sunday, but it was such good food we got over that! The coffee wasn’t the best, but it was the nicest full English I’ve had in a long time, not greasy at all (we think they grill the bacon) and the lady serving us kept offering more toast and coffee until we were full. It was table service rather than a buffet, which we prefer.

All in all, a nice hotel if you’re in the area for business or an event and need a bed and breakfast; but not exactly the kind of place you’d hang out in for leisure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lottie,

Thank you for your lovely comments on our hospitality and service – the staff will certainly be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our bacon is most certainly grilled and as breakfast is the most important meal of the day - we pride ourselves on being one of the few hotels that serve breakfast Al a carte. Our hotel is currently being refurbished and updated and we hope you will come back and visit us to see the new look.

Kind Regards,
Lisa Collinge
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Excellent hotel for organising parties - I wish I had discovered this hotel before!
party organised for 100 odd colleagues from North Manchester; excellent organisation; very polite staff; personal touch; excellent facilities - bar, room, dancing floor, DJ stage, sound quality, round tables seating - neither too crowded nor too sparse; excellent food: sumptuous, tasty, very well laid out, artistic décor, excellent and unobtrusive service, wide variety and so selected that one did not feel over-full.

overnight stay very comfortable and economical: clean, refurbished rooms, modern facilities, very comfortable; excellent choice of breakfast menu and friendly staff

Dr Varma North Manchester

Room Tip: Room 24 - excellent views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
THEBIRCHHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at Birch Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Dr Varma
Thank you very much for your lovely review of your celebation here at the hotel. It was a pleasure to offer and cater for your special event. We hope that when you next make a visit to Manchester you will pop in and have a coffee and a catch up.
From all the staff at The Birch, wishing you all the very best!
Take care and kind regards
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

The service at the hotel was excellent - the lady on reception was most helpful after my long journey. The room was basic but comfortable. i cannot fault the service. Location worked well for the purpose of my visit

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
THEBIRCHHOTEL, Guest Relations Manager at Birch Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you kindly for your lovely comments on our hospitality and service, we appreciate all feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel in the very near future, let's hope your journey isn't too long this time :-)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We booked the tribute night for Valentine's day in late December which was a emilie Sande tribute night and meal. Both myself and my partner were really looking forward to it. But we revived a phone call the day before!!!!!! Saying the show was canceled and asked how do I want my refund. So. Living just around the corner I imidatley went to see what the problem was and was told it had been canceled due to not enough booking burns taken. I find this ridiculous to let me know the day before. I wasn't Evan offered a apology .so we were left with nothing to do on Valentine's day. I would urge people to think twice before booking here as customer service obviously isn't high on this hotel's priority list

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mhtiling
Thank you very much for your review of the hotel and I can only apologise for the fact that we had no alternative but to cancel the event, unfortunately only a handful of guests had booked this night and we did not feel it appropriate and fair if we ran with the evening as this would cause a lack of atmosphere for our guests, and the Birch is renowned for their fun night's. I have looked into your account and I can confirm that all guests were advised on Monday 10th Feb, and were offered to transfer to our next night in March, I can also confirm that as you were out of the country until Thursday evening (as advised by yourself when you came to accept your refund), that you had only got our message the day before...We would never advise guests at such short notice and we always offer an apology and a transfer to another date. I hope that we can welcome you back to one of cabaret night's in the future and we will certainly take very good care of you.
Guest Relations

Travelers are raving about these Heywood hotels

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 13, 2014

We are a company who carryout infrastructure projects in the Greater Manchester and Lancs area. The 2 engineers who stayed could not fault this hotel and praised its welcome, comfort and the cooked breakfast. We will certainly be using Birch Hotel in the future and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you kindly for your lovely comments and we are pleased that your engineers were made to feel at home and welcome. We have many returning guests and we look forward to seeing you again very soon
lancashire
Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the 1st phone call to make my booking I was impressed, was met with a warm and inviting smile on checkin and was asked how my day had gone, was put on the 1st floor initially but the lady easily moved me to the ground when I requested.
Evening meals are delicious and so well presented! Breakfast is cooked to order which is fantastic! Never felt as invited and relaxed in any other hotel as I have in this one!
I work a lot in Manchester and will not be bothering to look anywhere else on my business travels, the Birch is best for me!. Thank you all

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of the hotel, we strive to go that extra mile on all occasions and we are so happy that our guests see the benefit of this.
Chef will certainly be pleased, as will all the staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heywood
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel
The Royal Toby Hotel
The Royal Toby Hotel
#2 of 6 in Rochdale
Comfort Inn Manchester North
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to Birch Hotel? Share your experiences!