Birch Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
$49
$47
All reviewsdance floorfull englishgreater manchesterfunction roomnice stayplenty of parkingcouldn't do enoughovernight staysteakhome from homebreakfast was excellentdjmotorwayvenue
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here on a one night business trip. It was easy to find (with satnav of course!). Unfortunately I arrived too late in the day to appreciate the external surroundings which was a shame. Inside tho... the room was immaculate & spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The only complaint I would have would be that there was no extractor fan in the bathroom so I had to climb on the side of the bath to open the window whilst in the shower which, with wet feet, could have been a health & safety hazard! I ate in the restaurant & had the liver & bacon which was absolutely divine. Staff very attentive & helpful.Unfortunately (again) I had to leave at 6am the following morning so was unable to sample the breakfast :-(.
I would definitely use this hotel again if in the area for both business & personal use.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 15, 2013

On the face of it, the Birch is very classy for its price range - nice building, plush reception area, pleasant and helpful staff. Overall, it is pretty good value. Unfortunately,though, there were a few too many hitches and annoyances for my liking.

The room was quite cold when I arrived, and the next morning. The bathroom had no proper heating (just a warm towel rail), and a window that could only be reached by clambering onto the side of the bath. Little things as well: the toilet roll wasn't replaced when there was hardly any left, and the hot chocolate wasn't replaced either. And the breakfast was largely ruined by having Capital Manchester's gormless, shouty breakfast DJ being blasted into our ears, along with the terrible music and adverts. (WHY do so many hoteliers assume we're happy to listen to commercial radio?)

I would be happy to go there again, though - but probably not in the winter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Birch Hotel for a number of weeks now because I work away from home and ever since I have stayed here, it has always been a very comforting and relaxing stay, there has never been any problems. The staff are very friendly and always make you feel like at home. The food is fantastic.... especially the curry! The breakfast is always delicious and well prepared. I would really recommend the Birch....well worth the money!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we had the pleasure to see an Adele tribute night at the birch and had a great fun night
the staff was extremely friendly, and helpful a special mention for Andrew and Heidi who went the extra mile to ensure we had a great night, the meal was excellent and value for money .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Had a lovely stay @ The Birch hotel, very nice, cosy, relaxing atmosphere in attractive surroundings. We had dinner in the restaurant both nights we stayed i can highly recommend the curry and my husband said the steak was top notch both reasonably priced for a hotel we had a few drinks at the hotel bar before heading off in to manchester town centre not too far away about £18 in a taxi which the lady on reception arranged for us. Breakfast was fab full english just what we needed after a night out the waitress was very attentive with coffee refills and plenty of toast. The rooms were modern and comfortable with every thing you could need, we asked for a room with a bath when we arrived as i like a good soak and the manager swapped our room with no hesitation. All the staff were exceptionally friendly and couldn't do enough for us, we would defiantly stay here again when we are next in the area. Room rates are great for the service you get. The hotel were redecorating corridors and some rooms but this didn't affect us at all and was looking new modern and fresh. :)

Room Tip: didn't use the room service or gym but it was offered to us when we checked in we did take advantage of the FREE wifi though :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple