“Absolutely Disgusting!!”
Review of The Albany Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heywood
The Albany Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Heywood B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Disgusting!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I do a great deal of travelling and I stay in many hotels-unfortunately nothing like this. From the exterior the hotel looks decent but as soon as you step inside you realise you have made a big mistake.

I was greeted by a very young girl who frankly did not have a clue and came across unprofessional. I was hungry but the smell of the place was off putting.

I went straight to the room and straight back out again!! The smell of stale urine, stains on the linen and walls and tired decor was enough to put me off. I then booked into a much nicer hotel a few miles away.

This 'hotel' needless to say must be inspected by the authorities. A total and utter shambles.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank karl o

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Okay, so we arrived at the hotel on Sunday 11th August for a christening in the function room- after bringing in some of our own decorations the function room looked really good! It was spacious and well lay out- three couples decided to stay over in the 'bed and breakfast' as we traveled far for the Christening and also because of the payment for the function room and catering it was agreed that the rooms would be sold at a discounted price of £30 not £50 however when we went to pay we were required to pay the whole £50 per room. The rooms were clean-comfy beds the bathrooms was tiny but stand-able overall the cleanliness of the hotel was very good however when we went to make a cup of tea from our complimentary items the biscuits were open and the tea spoon and saucers were dirty from the night before guests. Sky tv was a good plus. The bar staff were really friendly too only when we went to get a drink at half 10 the bar was closed and there no where to get a drink apart from the tap with our dirty cups. Lovely venue and majority clean and nice staff but just felt as though it wasn't worth the value especially as we were led to believe that it was a bed and breakfast but they don't sell breakfast- weird

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank AEN1

Travelers are raving about these Heywood hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Looks very nice inside and out but that is where it ends ! We stopped off on our way to leeds big mistake the food was disgusting and gave me a bad stomach. i think its just reheated the room was not very nice and beding wasnt clean (musky smell!) There also seemed to be a big problem with druggies and the owner seemed to be very drunk and not very well mannered. I will not be visiting again yuk

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anna R
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked a double room, for 2x nights, paid for in full in person, 3x weeks before the booking was needed. After taking a day off work and travelling 2 hours from Shropshire, when we arrived at the hotel to check in with our handwritten receipt of proof of payment, we were told there had been a mistake and all the rooms were booked up for 3 months! This was relayed to us by a young girl whilst the manager sat outside. When the manager came in he didnt even offer an apology let alone any compensation for their mistake. Incompetent beyond belief. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Kitkatkel13
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff are lovely and Danielle and her Dad Steven made us totally feel at home! I couldn't have been happier as I was initially a bit dubious about a B&B having never stayed in one before. Better than a hotel I say. It was like a home away from home. Well fed, good sleep and the staff were great company!
When I need a place to stay in Greater Manchester i'll be shunning the brand hotels I usually book and coming straight here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Food is far better than expected! My steak was cooked to perfection and good quality. Portions are good too!!
There's a choice where to sit as well which sounds trivial, but if you want a quick snack while working you don't really want to be sat at a dining table, so there's big leather couches...I didn't want to get up.
The service is pretty decent too! The girl behind the bar was polite and friendly.

This place is a real hidden gem! Like I said, fantastic food, fantastic service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
manchester
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My mum and her husband booked the function room for their wedding. Landlady was very helpful leading up to the wedding offering lots of advice and always being at the end of the telephone if my mum needed her. When we arrived the room looked lovely exactly as they were told it was, greeted by friendly staff and sparkling wine Perfect!. Afternoon buffet was lovely lots of choice, food hot and replenished often, few of the guests commented that the plates were wet so we wiped them. Evening buffet was Potato Pie and Cheese and Onion Pie which again you could fault only negative this was served on very thin paper plates which is not good should have been proper plates. All in all a fantastic day for Mr and Mrs Pickering and The Albany made it perfect. One more negative (sorry) a few of the evening reception guests wanted a cup of tea or coffee which they couldn't have because they had run out of milk! Found this a bit bizarre especially when it's a hotel as well as a bar. Once again Thank You to The Albany for making my mum, Karen and Ralph's day special.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lal21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Heywood
Birch Hotel
Travelodge Manchester Birch M62 Eastbound
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel
Premier Inn Rochdale Hotel
Village Hotel Manchester Bury

Been to The Albany Hotel? Share your experiences!