The Cottage B & B
$46
Priceline
$70
PremierInn.com
All reviewsthe main housecoach housethe ownerliverpool airportb btown centretea coffeeflight pathnice breakfastnice roomthe ground floorgood nights sleepenglish breakfastlovely weekendat homewet roomone night stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Recommended by a friend and was very pleased we booked. Stayed overnight en route to the Isle of Man for a vintage car rally. Rooms warm, very well appointed and spotless. Comfortable bed and a shower that would have done credit to a 5* hotel. Most enjoyable breakfast cooked and served by the very pleasant and helpfull owners Carol and Ian. As we were a group of seven old cars Ian even led us down to the docks via the back roads in his own car so to avoid the early morning city traffic. You can't be more hospitable than that- thank you once again Ian and Carol

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at The Cottage for 2 nights.

Slightly different set up to your usual B&B. There arent any packs in the room of instrustions etc as it is very relaxed. Same at breakfast there isn't a menu thats because you can have what you want, there is also a bell in the room to ring for assistance.

When I asked what time is check out, they said there was no rush, great :)

I also left my car there for the last day after checking out whilst I went into Liverpool. (very accommodating)

They do have pets, 2 cats and a dog (so if you have allergies this place wont be for you) but personally I dont and it was nice to be round the animals (home from home) and they are friendly and no bother. They also have chickens which are great fun to watch.

The room was clean and of a good size as was the on-suite.

Also when I asked for more milk, I was offered to help myself in the kitchen to fresh milk and take a jug up to my room rather than the little cartons.

The house itself is lived in and they were updating but didnt cause any problems.

I would stay again and thank Ian and Carol for a very welcoming stay :)

Christine

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The B&B was very comfortable and cozy! The owners were very nice and friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and the whole house is very welcoming and warm. The breakfast was amazing and yummy. Hale is a cute little town 15 mins away from Liverpool with small pubs just right by the B&B. Our stay couln't have started better!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed overnight during a short stay in Liverpool. Though there is some work being done at present, that did not in any way spoil our stay. The room we stayed in is part of a converted barn and was excellent. It was spotlessly clean, warm, cosy and a pleasure to stay in - only 20-25 yards from the main house, it was very handy for breakfast too. The owner, Carol, is a lovely lady - who made us both very welcome and was very helpful, giving recommendations on places to eat - there are 2 very good pubs nearby, both do good meals and are good value too.
A lovely old village, with some great walks - we would certainly recommend it to anyone. 10/10. Thank-you.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We booked this property in March of 2012 for a stay in September knowing that accommodations would be tight so near the John Lennon Airport and with the London Olympics having been completed. We could not believe what we encountered. The property was not in any way acceptable for guests. The man we found was working on a nearby home which he appeared to be redoing. There was construction material and debris scattered everywhere. There was no place to park our car. He invited us into the kitchen area while he sought his wife. The kitchen was a mess with dirty dishes and litter piled on the table and floors. There were two dogs enjoying new company...and my wife is allergic to dogs. The wife never came down from upstairs and it seemed to us that they had completely forgotten about our reservations or they didn't care at all. We observed Get Well cards on a cadenza in an adjoining room so perhaps she had been ill. The man said nothing but asked if we planned to stay. We declined the offer and left quickly.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple