“wonderful experience”

Milan The Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Milan The Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 59 Restaurants in West Kirby
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Kirby, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went for a meal with my friend I haven't seen in a while, and I have to say everything was perfect, the food was spectacular, I had the artisan cheese for my starter and the Duck for my main which fell off the bone pefectly. The service was excellent all of the staff were incredibly polite and friendly, we wanted for nothing the entire evening. For the two of us to have a wonderful evening and delicious food you would expect it to be much more expensive than it was, but no, again we were surprised by the price! A perfect atmosphere to cacth up with friends, go on a date or even spend time with family! Milan is THE place to go in west kirby.

West Kirby, United Kingdom
“OK, but nothing special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We took our son-in-law and daughter here last night. It was our second or third visit since the most recent change of management.

We booked well in advance and asked for a window table. We got the usual, for this place, of we will do our best. When we got there they had noted the request, but said that they could not meet it. This was a slight improvement on past experience when they had not even acknowledged the request. We were shown to a side table in the centre of the restaurant where waiting staff were constantly brushing past my chair. Not the worst table in a rather too tightly packed place, but certainly not the best. It was a Friday night and we were told that we could not have our preferred table time. We must either book for 6:30 pm or 8:30 pm. Good luck to them for being able to be so choosy, but I would have preferred 7:30. The window position which we would have liked was occupied by a table of seven at 8 pm. and another table of two was there before we arrived. I wonder why the seven group could have a booking outside of the two cover per night restriction when we could not?

We started with the sharing platter between four of us. Just about enough to pass the time while we waited for our starters, but not anything to enthuse about at £5. It was a little crispy bread, olives & dips. OK.

My starter was belly pork & onion. This was tasty with a pleasant dip, but coated with a batter which was too thick and hard. I found it satisfactory, but nothing special. My wife had a duck terrine which was flavoursome, but rather soft in texture. Our guests seemed happy with their choices.

My main was a confit duck leg which was very good. My wife had a good sea bass and our guests were happy with their choices of lamb shank and hake. the mains were all good quality meals with a decent selection of vegetables accompanying them.

We did not want any of the desserts so we chose a combination of coffee, port and liquers to complete the meal. My black coffee was good and I think the others were happy with their choices.

Service was efficient and friendly. At about £130 for a meal for four including drinks on an early evening this was reasonable value for a restaurant with good quality food, but it was not memorable for anything other than that they would not accommodate our seating request. A meal in a restaurant where you are paying four,or more, times what it would cost to eat at home needs to offer an attractive ambience. This is OK with its glass covered tables and seating a little too close together, but it is no more than OK. We may go again, but there is a lot of choice in this area and with the unwillingness to comply with our preferences Milan will not be at the top of my list when I make my next booking.

2 Thank Malpoet
North Yorkshire, UK
“Delicious food and good atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was the second time we have visited Milan when visiting my parents, once on an evening and this time for Sunday dinner to celebrate my Mum's birthday. The staff were complicit with us sneaking in a birthday cake which they brought over to the table at the opportune moment much to my mother's embarrassment.

The menu is amazingly large which each time has given a problem in choosing, but everyone has always been pleased with their choices. My parents normally have small appetites, but they (and we) enjoyed the food so much that not a crumb was left - amazing! The service was friendly and highly professional without being officious, just right for the atmosphere of the restaurant.

It is a brilliant find and now we never even consider eating out anywhere else in the area when we're over visiting.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mighty-Red
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The food was amazing, had the roast beef which is the best I've had on Wirral!
The staff were great.
A little pricey so won't being going every week, but for a special occasion- lovely!

mersyside
“a tad to dear”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

my wife and i had sunday lunch here ,the restuarant is small with to many tables,not the most comfortable we have been in.
the two course set menu is priced at £13.50,and i would have thought ,roast beef on a sunday lunch menu would be standard,but it costs an extra £1.50,the price of a small glass of peroni lager is preposterous at £3.85.
having said that, the food was good,served on hot plates,with the correct interval between courses.
the total bill came out at £62.00, which in our opinion, is a tad to dear for a two course lunch.