“Wonderful Birthday at Milan”
Review of Milan The Restaurant - CLOSED

Milan The Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

What a fantastic restaurant! We had booked to go to Milan for my Birthday, usually we stay a little closer to home so we don't need to think about getting home after a few drinks, but we decided on a night out in West Kirby and a change from our usual restaurants. As Milan had been highly recommended to us, we thought we'd give it a whirl.
We made a good decision!
We were greeted by the wonderful Martyn who had arranged for us to be seated at a lovely table that had been decorated with birthday banners - lovely touch!
The meal itself was amazing. The lobster ravioli starter was divine and each of our main meals were spectacular. The staff were very attentive and my glass was never empty - exactly what every birthday girl wants!
All in all we had a very enjoyable night in a lovely restaurant that we will certainly go back and visit again.
Well done to everyone at Milan for creating such a lovely dining experience!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was our first visit to Milan and we were very pleasantly surprised. The £13.50 two-course offer is exceptional value for money. The food is well prepared and presented and delicious, particularly considering what you pay.There is something for everyone and, frankly, I'd have been happy with anything off the menu. The house sauvignon blanc is French but made in the New World style and is delicious.

It's a smart, intimate restaurant and the furniture reflects the restaurant's name as it does have an Italian look to it. Service was pleasant, friendly and professional.

We went on a cold, windy Tuesday night and the restaurant was quite quiet, possibly because of the weather, but this meant that it lacked atmosphere a little but that's the only criticism.

I'd certainly recommend Milan (actually, I already have done). It's a restaurant which deserves to succeed and we'll be back.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Milan a couple of times before and loved it every time. The last time we went was as a group of four for the three course christmas lunch. I have to say it was the best I had over the festive period. All courses were generous, packed with flavour and the service was excellent with the price being very reasonable as well. We had a superb time which set us up nicely for a top day and I have to say that I think that it is a massive credit to the chef and all the rest of the staff at Milan the dining experience they give their customers. We will definately be back soon!!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had a lovely time at Milan this evening with my partner for a birthday meal. She has mentioned this to me before so we decided we would try somewhere new. Lovely little quaint restaurant, small but doesn't feel overcrowded. Was greeted as soon as we entered through the door and wern't left hovering which was excellent. We were shown to our seats immediately as we had booked prior, good job as it was fully booked! as we were seated our coats were taken and hung and within a few minutes our drinks were arranged. The menu is a choice between some lovely sounding dishes and decisions were difficult! Eventually I decided to go with the Crab cake starter and Duck leg confit main, my partner had belly pork starter and sea bass main. even though the restaurant was full to capacity it still felt somewhat private with a lovely ambiance, and the wait was more than reasonable considering the amount of customers. staff were very attentative but not overbearing, just right. The food itself is brilliant for the price, crab cakes were lovely served with a lemon and garlic mayonnaise style sauce which complimented it well, personal choice a sweet chilli sauce would have lifted it a bit better for me but this is personal preference. Duck was perfection and a 'man' size portion as my partner put it! belly pork was very nicely done with a lovely sweet chilli dip, 2 full lightly battered fillets of sea bass which were very light and had a lovely flavor with a salsa Verde (slightly - VERY slightly acidic for my tastes, all personal preference though not necessarily a negative). overall very impressed with Milan, being very overcritical with the sauce preference and the salsa as I have a sensitive pallet, my partner loved the salsa. No negatives, just a lovely, relaxed meal at a cheap price, which did not show in any way shape or form in the quality of the service or the food. We will definitely be visiting Milan again, very impressed.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Hubby & I ate at the Milen last night, have to say the meal was very tasty, but be careful of the "add on" they offer you as that soon mounts up your bill. We felt the drinks were a bit expensive, and they only serve bottled beer. Hubby found he had finished his drink well before me!!!!! After saying all this would still return.