Tripadvisor
West Kirby

“Overrun with feral kids”

Hickory's Smokehouse West Kirby
Ranked #11 of 64 Restaurants in West Kirby
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fanatical about flames; silly about smokers and utterly obsessed with the smells, tastes and traditions of the Deep South. Our smokin' hot menu is available all day every day, from smokehouse classics including ribs, Texas style beef brisket, to steak and burgers. Serving breakfast Friday - Sunday and lunch throughout the week and a specially designed kids menu that includes ‘grown-up’ tastes and some fun healthy options, the entire family can experience the flavours of the deep South. Hickory’s comes complete with cinema room for kids (just the little ones!) and a secret garden with a slushy & milkshake bar, Hickory's West Kirby sits in a perfect location, just minutes walk from the fabulous West Kirby beach and Hilbre Island nature reserve.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited today for my daughter's 3rd birthday. All going well until a kids football team arrived still dressed in full kit (clear signs at the door state no football kits or tracksuits). They proceeded to run riot around the restaurant opening fire doors and causing havoc in the cinema room. Chavs looking after them (also in tracksuits and football kits) couldn't care less. Whole meal spoilt. Service was terrible too. Will not return.

9  Thank O7953PKcraigs
hickoryssmokehouse, Marketing at Hickory's Smokehouse West Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Craig S,

I am sorry to hear about your experience on your last visit.

If you would like to discuss your comments further, I kindly invite you to send me an email to tom.schofield@hickorys.co.uk

Best wishes,
Tom

Write a reviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just had a lovely meal. Food fabulous, service excellent and staff were great especially with the children. Would recommend to everyone and will definitely go again.

1  Thank Lynnmpeel
hickoryssmokehouse, Marketing at Hickory's Smokehouse West Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Lynnmpeel,

Thank you for such a great review!

It's brill to hear you had such a fantastic experience with us, the team will be thrilled to hear your feedback.

We are excited to see you again!

Katie

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for a meal with wife and son on Friday night and all I can say was will be going again might even go try the breakfast menua as the young girl who served us was great helped wife pick which meal was best for her as she has some problems with the sauces she even checked with the cook for us was a plesure to go and cant wait for day off work to go again

Hi Ajaxbay,

Thank you so much for your super review!

I'm glad we exceeded your expectations and the team will be thrilled to hear your feedback too! Breakfast is a fab idea, my favorite is the Chicken Waffle comes with bacon and Maple syrup but trust me it works!

We are excited to see you again.

Katie

Reviewed December 23, 2019

I love hickory's, the service can be hit and miss. All very friendly staff but sometimes in busy periods you are waiting a while! My only gripe would be you get too much food. I always get intimidated by the dish and feel full before I have even started! The dog loves it when I come home with left overs though!

Date of visit: December 2019
5  Thank Natalie E
Hickory's S, General Manager at Hickory's Smokehouse West Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2019

Hi Natalie E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback.

I am sorry to hear the service is hit and miss at times, hopefully we can do better on your next visit.

We hope to see you again soon,

Tom

Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

Visited with friends and had a nice evening, mainly down to the good company. The food was okay. The service was friendly when they came to our table, but we did feel slightly neglected. There wasn't even anyone about to say goodbye to when we left which was a shame. Overall, it wasn't very welcoming.

Date of visit: December 2019
9  Thank Emer78
Hickory's S, General Manager at Hickory's Smokehouse West Kirby, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2019

Hi Emer78,

Thank you for taking the to write your review.

I am saddened to hear that you didn't feel very welcomed and looked after during your meal, this isn't the type of service we want to provide.

If you would like to comment further then please feel free to email hello@hickoryswestkirby.co.uk

We hope you'll give us another try and we can rectify your experience.

Best wishes, Tom