“Great food - Average staff - Good drinks”
Review of Koi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Koi
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 24, 2013

By virtue of the staff being young, they tend to not be focussed entirely on the job sometimes. They enjoy chatting with each other and occasionally need to be asked to take the order.
This being said, when they are on the ball the food is really good. The menu is not huge but what they do offer is very tasty and good value. The drinks are good too.
During the day it offers a resting spot for retired folks or young parents with children. As night approaches the customers change to a younger, more hip crowd and the music changes! You decide when you want to visit...
More space should be on the agenda for the management.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

If the staff don't like the look of you, you don't get served very quickly. It's very cliquey (excuse spelling). It's a lovely location to stop for a cocktail and small meal on the way to the shops and the prom but needs to put customers first. I used to give it four stars but the friendly staff have left.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Myself and three friends went for lunch, we were the only people in there but after 15 minutes the staff still hadn't cleaned away the dirty plates etc from the people before, seemed too preoccupied discussing their weekend plans. We were ignored, cleared the table ourselves and had to go and ask them to take our order. Food took 55 minutes to arrive and 3 different groups of people left whilst we were there as they were fed up of waiting. Food average and place needs a good scrub. Used to go regularly but won't be returning, so many better places in west kirby.

1  Thank steven b
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We are regulars at Koi and usually have a quite pleasant afternoon here. Since taking on a new chef, I have had hairs in my food, cold fillings in my panini and hairs in sandwiches. This has happened on more than one occasion. It has put me off and I wont be returning until a new chef arrives! Also staff are not very helpful with baby bottles etc. I needed some cold water to cool baby bottle down and a young girl brought over a cup I could barely get my hand in it let alone a baby bottle!!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

been few times with my wife we love the cocktails in there food tasty too! does get busy sometimes but that can only be a good thing!