“Great stop-over at Alveston.”

Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alveston
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I had another very pleasant stay the Premier Inn at Alveston. We were greeted by excellent reception staff who could not have been more welcoming. The rooms are very comfortable and the general setting of this particular hotel in the village of Alveston is very pleasing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Premier Inn A, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Premier Inn Bristol Alveston. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay’s here and hope to welcome you back again in the near future

From all the team at Alveston Premier Inn

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We booked two nights at this hotel while we were in the area for a wedding. We weren't looking for much as we just needed a cheap base and a place to sleep. However we were really happy with the room and service that we received at this hotel.

We asked for a double room with a cot for our baby, and the room we were given (on the ground floor, easy for pram) was huge, and clean and nicely presented, with a strong shower. We had both the continental and the premier breakfast and enjoyed both of them. The reception and breakfast staff were all very friendly and helpful. And another big plus, especially with a baby in tow, was that you didn't have to check out of your room until midday!

There are two niggles worth mentioning. The first is that the Wi-Fi never worked in our room, despite us raising the issue with reception on the first night (and talking to a support engineer on the phone).

Secondly, the layout of the hotel is a bit silly - there are long long corridors of rooms that are adjacent to the car park, but even if you park your car just outside where your room is, there is no way directly in or out - you have to walk all the way along to reception and all the way back down the corridor. This gets annoying when you are bringing in lots of bulky personal stuff and have to make several trips. There are doors along the corridors but they are alarmed and for emergencies only. It would be nice if those were made more accessible.

These niggles did not detract much from our stay though so I give the Premier Inn Alveston full marks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MikeB1981

Thank you for your great comments about the Premier Inn Bristol Alveston we do always strive to provide and clean and comfortable stay, I am very happy on this occasion that we did this. We are sorry about the problems encountered with the Internet we are dealing with this matter to make sure other guests do not encounter this problem

We hope to see you again in the near future

From all the team at Alveston Premier Inn

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We are a hot air balloon team attending a competition.

Reception staff were fantastic and couldn't be more helpful.

Rooms were spotless although a little on the small side.

Would totally recommend this premier inn 100%

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Martyn J
Premier Inn A, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Hello,

Many thanks for your lovely comments you have posted, I will be passing your comments on to the team!

we all hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel: The front desk staff were very welcoming and helpful, while the room was a little small, but clean and nicely furnished. I paid for the cooked breakfast which was reasonable - not the most expensive ingredients but it was cooked to order.

The only negative was that the Wi-Fi didn't work very well in the room. The connection was intermittent and slow.

Overall a nice stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Andrew I
Premier Inn A, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Hello Andrew I,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay here at Alveston. We are sorry that you experienced problems with the internet I will look into this problem to make sure that it does not happen again

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was my second stay at this Premier Inn and I found once again that it is an example to other budget hotels. The staff are very friendly and helpful and it is one of the few places I have stayed where a family room is exactly that with the correct bed configurations and number of towels for the number of guests!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Premier Inn A, Manager at Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hello,

many thanks for taking the time for writing your review. Thank you for your lovely comments

Hope to see you again

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel whilst on a heating course, the inn next to it (the Ship) was the nearest place to eat so I and my colleague booked a table and went over for a meal. the service at the Ship (now nicknamed the shipwreck) was pretty bad and the food was worse! I had grilled sea bass with salad, the sea bass was so oily I don't believe it was grilled and the salad was simply thrown on the plate with the bass thrown on top. my colleague had a vegetarian burger with sweet potato fries, dry and un-imaginative. one review I had seen for this inn was that it was not another run of the mill harvester pub, indeed it was not EVEN a run of the mill harvester pub. also, if you want to be able to use the whole table for your meal then take a screwdriver along to remove the annoying centre baskets!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay here at the Premier Inn Alveston. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your at the experience adjoing restaurant i will pass the comments on to them

Many thanks Hope to see you again in the near future

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night because we were attending a party at a nearby hotel which was far too expensive for us. My heart sank when we pulled up in the car park, but once inside this hotel offers good accommodation for the money. Large clean rooms with a comfortable bed, and extra pillows in the wardrobe. 30 mins free wifi, then £3 per 24 hours. The aircon was very welcome in the heatwave .
Overnight, the soap dispenser by the sink leaked into my makeup bag. When I say leaked, it emptied, so filled up my bag and then onto the floor. I had to chuck out an expensive eye shadow pallet, and it ruined the packaging of several other items. I mentioned it to reception as I was leaving and they apologised . However when I got home, somebody from the hotel called me to say they would refund the whole cost of the overnight stay. Actually, you can't say fairer than that.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We are sorry about the soap dispenser we have made sure that the connectors on them are checked daily so this does not happen again, we a glad that you are happy with the resolution

Hope to see you again in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alveston
Alveston House Hotel
Swan Hotel
Swan Hotel
#4 of 5 in Almondsbury
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol North

Been to Premier Inn Bristol (Alveston) Hotel? Share your experiences!