All reviewsthe pubcricket groundbalcony overlookingchicken clubholiday campchef and brewercar parkfirst floorreception staffcomfortable bedpub next doorgood nights sleepnight's sleepa ground floor roomfamily roomevening mealcooked breakfast
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It may be boring repeating our previous praise, but we can only say again that we enjoy staying at the Premier Inn at Alveston and having dinner at the Ship Inn. The staff in both places were very good and helped to our enjoyment. We had trouble with some noisy guests in the next room but that is not Premier's fault and the problem was dealt with immediately, when we reported the it, by the night receptionist.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

we stayed at two Premier Inns (2adults and 2 older teens), to break a long journey,
Excellent high quality confortable clean hotel standard rooms with all mod cons!! great value for money and we will stay again.
Breakfasts; you could buy as much or as little as u wanted and they were superb quality!
30 mins free wifi. freeview tv.
We stayed there purely by chance and were hugely impressed!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank I M
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Premier Inn at Alveston for 5 days and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel does look very 1960s from the outside but the room was spacious and comfortable and the facilities, though a little dated were perfectly adequate. The bathroom maybe needed some updated but given the limitations of the building, it was fine and everything was very clean.
There is quite a bit of noise from the nearby main road but we did have the windows open as it was summer. The stafe were fine, which for us means they left us alone and didn't bother us. The balcony overlooking the cricket field is a great feature, shame there are no chairs for sitting out.
All in all a great position for exploring the area and a comfortable, well managed hotel.

Room Tip: Go for 1st floor with balcony
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

On arrival I thought I was at Butlins! My daughter said reminds her of her school PGL holiday.

The staff are friendly and helpful as always when I stay at at Premier Inn. I was disappointed with this Premier Inn room though. The bed was very squeaky so therefore did not get the best sleep as it often woke me. And the bed our daughter was a little on the small side and very hard too not giving her the best nights sleep either.

The TV was old style so the picture was a little squashed but I think they are replacing them slowly as my daughter noticed a pile them them outside but unfortunately we was not lucky enough to have a room with a new one if they are.

The bathroom is very small and the door difficult to close fully.

Breakfast is at the Ship Inn - good choice continental - fruit salad, yogurts, muffins, toast, cereal (porridge you can order) you help yourself too as much as you want, cooked you order very tasty and a good start to the day, staff very friendly and helpful. I noticed in the room that you could get a three course meal for 11.99 which I thought was good but I can not comment how good meal is as I did not have an evening meal there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

As regular visitors of the premier inn, we were pleasantly suprised by this hotel, it is quirky looking and feels very different from first walking through the door under the little stone archway. The staff are very friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them to make our stay more comfortable. The hotel room was a good size and it had a balcony!!!! How wonderful! We were on the ground floor but there was a door out to a little balcony and a nice view of the cricket pitch. It was so nice to be able to get some air through and pack and unpack in peace while kids played outside. The room was a bit of an odd shape which is fine and could probably use a bit more storage space, some coat hangers by the door would be good. The bathroom was adequate but not quite up to normal premier inn standard. Our biggest disappointment with this hotel was the restaurant, we didn't eat there on an evening as there is so much to do locally we weren't arriving back til late but the breakfast was not up to the usual premier inn standard at all, there was no sunflower spread or soya milk available, which is hugely disappointing to someone who cannot tolerate milk and relies on these products, we were told by the restaurant staff that it had been ordered but hadn't come in yet. The next day soya milk from Sainsbury's was available (premier inn usually use Alpro) but it was fine, nice to have it and the spread was a whole tub of pure that Steve the night receptionist from the hotel had gone to buy for me on his way home after nightshift!!!! I'm so impressed by just how far the staff will go to make our stay a pleasant one, it's just a shame that he had to. The 'fresh fruit salad' was tinned and no fresh fruit was available at all which was disappointing as we were there for three nights! The toaster was set to 'warm bread' or 'burnt', on the upside though, the hash browns were lovely, better than the usual premier inn ones! I hear that the restaurant is not ran by Whitbread, but it's a shame that the restaurant lets down what would otherwise have been a perfect stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family