Alveston House Hotel
Travelocity
Thornbury Castle and Tudor Gardens(Thornbury)(Great Value!)
$405
$89
$85
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Bristol Filton Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$44
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarriages restaurantafternoon teadietary needsan overnight staysconesfirst class servicesingle roomfriends weddingcomfortable loungeget togetherbreakfast servicetop markslovely hoteltrouser presswarm welcomebe visiting againstaff were attentive
Reviewed December 31, 2013

As a birthday outing for my wife we decided that afternoon tea in the Bristol area we live would be a nice change, there were 9 in our party and we booked a few days in advance.

The hotel had laid a splendid table in a large bay for us with a birthday card which was a nice touch.

When booking they asked about dietary preferences, we had one "no currants" and another "gluten free".

We were welcomed on arrival and nicely persuaded to enhance the event with a bottle of Prosecco. The food was beautifully presented with plentiful sandwiches, scones and cakes. The service was 1st class.

For a relaxed family occasion the whole event was enjoyable and highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JerryRiches
Reviewed December 27, 2013

For the past few years my family have had a Boxing Day meal at Alveston House Hotel. 15 family sat down to excellent meal in a private room. Staff very helpful. Food and service very good.
I am happy to recomend this family hotel for functions.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We all had a fab time from tea on Friday afternoon to breakfast on Sunday morning. The owner and her team are first rate, nothing is too much trouble without being intrusive. The menus were well put together and the portion size just right. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend this gem.

1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Alveston House Hotel last weekend for a friend's birthday party which was being held in the hotel. The owner and staff were very welcoming- a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. The staff worked really hard all weekend to ensure that a fantastic time was had by all- no request was too much. The food was of a very high standard and the room was immaculate and well presented. Our en-suite bathroom was delightful and the shower was great. The gardens were beautiful- even at the end of November we were able to enjoy a stroll through the grounds. We had a friend with us who was wheelchair bound and the hotel was welcoming and accessible for- although there is no lift, she was helped up any stairs by staff members who were always on hand. Overall it was a great experience- I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel to others and will be returning there myself.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Ok having decided I was going to have a party (rather than go away) I had to decide on the venue. I looked at 3 chain hotels in Bristol and the Alveston house hotel. What made me pick this hotel? Easy. Staff, actual hotel, bedrooms, widest choice of buffet (and the cheapest) and the fact that I would not share my special birthday with any one else ie only one function room - carriages restaurant. Over the weeks leading up to my party, I visited the hotel 3 times and emailed /rang several times and I never felt like I was being any trouble! We turned up on the day, mid afternoon, and set to work decorating the tables with candles (in large glass hurricane lamps) and sprinkles. Ballons provided by partyfromabox- recommended by hotel - absolutely delighted by them. When everything was in place, the room looked absolutely wonderful. Buffet was fantastic - everyone kept saying how lovely it was. So much food and all very fresh. Cheese and biscuit platter amazing! Had DJ venue recommended and he was great (I emailed him before with playlist etc) very flexible/accommodating throughout the night. Staff also great - all of them. If I have to make a tiny criticism I would say rooms on the pricey side. We paid £145 for deluxe with breakfast BUT worth it. Cost for normal double with breakfast £120 and this put some guests off staying. Plenty of free parking though. Breakfast served early - before 9.30. Fully appreciate they have to get room ready for next function or Sunday lunches. All in all I had a fantastic night and would not hesitate to recommend them or use them again. Thanks to everyone at the Alveston house hotel for making my party so special.

Room Tip: Splash out and have a deluxe room!
1  Thank VickyBristol