“Last minute booking defiantly worth the money”

Boreland Lodge Hotel
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Last minute booking defiantly worth the money”
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked this the night before on booking.com. Got a bargain price. We arrived and I must admit I was a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews. When checking in a reception we realised we had booked for the next day and the young boy on reception couldn't have been more friendlier and helpful. Our room was clean the bed was comfy the bathroom was spotless. All you could ask for if your looking for a clean hotel where your not planning on staying in if your out all day. Perfect location and will be staying there again next time were in Edinburgh

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Holly O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Grantham
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We paid more for a two night stay at this hotel than anywhere else on our tour of Scotland and it was by far and away the worst!

The one plus point was the position - very handy for the railway station and trains to Edinburgh.

The young man on reception was very welcoming and helpful, but he was the only member of staff we saw throughout our stay.

The 'small' double room was hardly big enough to be a single room and was not particularly clean. The curtains were hanging off the track and were so thin that they didn't keep out any light.
We paid for the cooked breakfast and wished we hadn't.
We won't be returning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GingerbreadGrantham

Travelers are raving about these Inverkeithing hotels

Melksham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel was the worst one we have ever stayed in. We had expected a decent hotel for the price. The room was supposedly a double room but the double bed was a big single and one side of the bed was backed up against the wall. I had to climb over my husband to get into bed and had to sleep on one side of the body. We could not sleep on our backs. The room was filthy, the towers should be white but were yellow with stains. The sheets and pillow cases did not look as though they had been changed. We had to ask for replacements but they were no better. As for the Continental breakfast - it was a joke! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For the price paid, we could have stayed in a 5 star hotel. Never again to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Chopsticks2143
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I like a nice hotel and make no denial of this - I knew this was not that when I booked but on a night out needed a close by bed and it was that ok.

The hotel is old, creaky, shabby and generally like a 1970s sitcom hotel. The room is cell sized with a really old small double bed but it was clean enough but the creaky floors around the hotel is the noisiest in the planet and does not make for a peaceful sleep.

I avoided breakfast at £7.50 and left as soon as I could - there is no soap, shower gel or anything else so take it with you if you need to stay.

The sole staff member I saw was young and pleasant so that was the good point! It does what it does as a cheap room for a night for anything else avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank amack
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here on the 5th May 2013. I stay in Glasgow city centre and wanted a last minute night away for myself and my partner. I paid £31 for a double room.The room was adequate and served its purpose. The en suite bathroom was very nice and obviously new. Both the room and the en suite were clean and the staff were nice. I feel It was excellent value for money and that the price is right. The room was simple and clean and that's all I am looking for when going a night away. I would return again as I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here on April 6th for one night. Having read some reviews on here I was wary, but as soon as I walked through the door, my worries subsided. Damian, the young man who checked us in was extremely pleasant, friendly and made sure we had everything we needed for our stay.
Our room was a double with an en suite. The room was clean, comfortable and had all amenities we required.
The bathroom was a brand new suite, couldn't have been better.
Possibly the only fault was that the curtains were too small for the window so the people in the houses across the road could potentially see in, and the light flooded in a little more than I prefer in the morning but this was only a tiny thing.
Overall I was extremely pleased with this hotel, quiet, friendly, clean and a good base for Edinburgh. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Titch85
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Not worth £75 a night!!! Stayed 3 nights. Most ppl in surrounding area ie locals all say this hotel is poor!!! To be fair it is clean but that is the only plus side!!!! The staff were pleasant but all were foreign and if they cudn't help with any matter they would play the "sorry I don't understand card"!!!!! The hotel advertises a bar which most ppl wud assume wud be open later for residents but it actually closes at 10pm and on our last night one of the staff actually stood in the doorway shaking her head at us like naughty children!!!! The hotel itself although clean is very drab and dated and although it says recently refurbished they have merely given it a coat of paint to hide the marks etc. I would not stay here again at this price, if it were around £30 a night it would be worth the money and time.

• Stayed March 2013
5 Thank eeyoremk1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverkeithing
The Queensferry Hotel
Hotel ibis budget Edinburgh Business Park
Aberdour Hotel
Aberdour Hotel
#1 of 3 in Aberdour

Been to Boreland Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!