“Avoid at all costs” 1 of 5 bubbles

North Shore Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 12 Restaurants in Inverkeithing
Cuisines: British, Grill, Scottish
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our new in-house restaurant, The North Shore Restaurant offers a unique dining experience with both traditional and international cuisine enhanced by the spectacular setting. From a family gathering for twenty to an intimate dinner for two, the North Shore Restaurant is ideal for all types of occasions. Our menus are created with care by our chefs, using the finest local produce and suppliers. Cuisine ranges from traditional dishes and our chefs signature and speciality dishes, and there is a children's menu available too, our restaurant really is a recipe for success. If you are looking for something a little more private, we have a number of suites that can accommodate from 4 up to 200 guests for a sit down dinner. To find out more about these, see our meeting room page.
Portlethen, United Kingdom
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Overrated, over-priced and unfortunaqtely over this side of the bridge. Hotel is obviosuly cashing in on the bridge crossing but really needs to invest on better services, quality and quantity of food and a friendlier approach to viisitors. Really needs a complete makeover as the sticky tape and damp marks on the roof of the restuarant does not instill a feeling of care and dedication. Best advice is find somewhere, in fact anywhere else!!!

Visited August 2012

Elgin, United Kingdom
“"Overpriced and poor quality"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stopped for some lunch and wish we had driven right past, not much of a choice on the menu settled for soup (which was nothing more than flavoured water) and a toasted sandwich, service took ages we were in there for over an hour and the place was empty, how they can justify the price we were charged to what we were given is totally beyond me.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

The selection of food was amazing and the food was extremely tasty!

Visited June 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Easter Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

Took my family here for Easter Sunday Lunch and was very happy with meal. We were seated in a round room with views over the forth river and the waiting staff looked after us well. My family and I enjoyed our meal which was lovely and warm and my son enjoyed the beef especially. We didn't have to wait too long for it to be served to us and will definately be returning again! Many thanks.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bathgate, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We were shopping locally and knew of this place so decided to stop here for some lunch on Easter Sunday.

After parking we should have taken note of the shabby exterior, but we didn't. Once inside we approached the restaurant we should have taken note of the empty seats and left, but we didn't.

There was noone around as we waited to be seated so I picked up a menu from the wait here to seated area, only to be greeted with a rather abrupt older waitress asking what I wanted. She offered the 3 of us a menu eventually and went to set a table for 3 of us. This is point I now know we should have left, as she was so rude.

Anyway, she set us a table with the views over the bridges and water and this was actually the nicest thing about this experience. The menu offered little choice 4 or 5 starters, mains and desserts from a set Easter special menu.

2 of us decided on red wine for drinks. No wine list to pick from, no offer of what type of wine, or was house ok. Not very good at £5.60 per glass, served freezing COLD

I ordered a soup which was supposed to come with a warm crusty roll and butter. I had trouble getting my knife into the roll, it wasn't warm, and quite clearly baked off much earlier in the day and just left then thrown on the plate when I ordered soup. When the waiter came with our drinks, I mentioned the roll, he took it away and never bothered bringing another one. No apology and no discount to the billing.

The mains consisted of 2 chicken dishes and the sirloin beef, it would have better read 2 x dried out chicken with shoe leather breakfast bacon on it and sirloin beef with burnt edges. Probably worth stating at this point, my Dad who was with us is an retired chef and banquet manager.

None of us finished our meals, there was no presentation worth talking off, the food was dried out, lacking taste and just an absolutely terrible dining experience from start to finish.

The desserts were probably the pick of the food here, albeit at a guess bought in frozen options.

What we all found amazing was the complete lack of customer service or care. Not replacing the roll, noone asked at any point how our food was, noone asked us for a drink after the first one, we had to ask them.

They even managed to get the bill wrong charging us for 4 meals instead of 3. After we were done, my Dad was at the toilet and I was reading their inviting flyer for the Easter Sunday options, apparently it was supposed to include coffee. My wife actually did ask for coffee and was charged £2.50 for it, it should have been in the paid price and wasn't even offered.

I rarely write reviews but I hate being ripped of and this is what this place is for food.

Please, please, please if you are a foreign tourist visiting do not be drawn here only to leave thinking this is what Scotland has to offer in terms of food and service, we have much nicer places than this, cross over the bridge and go down to South Queensferry, goto the Hawes Inn or the Oroco Pier - both will leave you feeling better than this terrible place staffed by unpleasant people who don't care.

This place is terrible, I will never be back, I'm also writing to the hotel manager to complain about my experience and at least let him know why his restaurant is empty if he doesn't already know.

I hope this review stops someone else wasting their hard earned money in this dump.

Visited April 2012