“Welcome Stopover”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Inglewood Guest House
Reviewed August 22, 2013

After locating the premises (A satnav is essential) we were made most welcome by Andrew and his wife. We were then showed to a very comfortable and roomy accommodation in the dorma part of the bungalow. Andrew was also very helpful in giving us assistance in travelling to and from Edinburgh (we had tickets for the Tattoo) to save taking the car.You are just up the road from the station (5 mins walk) After a well earned sleep we woke to a hearty breakfast - as much or as little as you want to eat. Highly recommended**

Room Tip: Both rooms in the 'dorma' part, appeared to be identical - roomy & comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Room was comfortable enough but the welcome from host & hostess was appalling - rude, unhelpful, unpleasant - the worst welcome we've ever had in any B&B or hotel (and we've been in a few) Attitude was extremely unpleasant - no effort to be made welcome - major error was made in the booking which was blamed wrongly on us but was very definitely host/hostess fault. Overall the experience took the shine off a family get-together. Breakfast was limited both in food offered especially if you opted to have continental breakfast. One couple in the party was charged the same for a room with no ensuite as the room with the ensuite. Not good enough. We were unable to gain access to our room to retrieve medication at 9.30am as doors were closed and there was nobody about. You would need to pay us very substantially to return!

Room Tip: don't go there!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Frances H
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Booked online 7 days in advanceand clearly stated on email I would be arriving 9pm or later.
Turned up only to find that there was nobody in,nobody answering phones or no contact details.
Stood outside in February for 35 minutes and had to head to airport to book into a travel lodge.
When I finally got somebody at the end of the phone the gentleman said," am no bothered son,I've got a life and was out at a do"
Rude and uncaring is an understatement. I wouldn't even give this one star. Rude,ignorant and very very unprofessional.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank mrfubar
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We are not roylty but we weren't overwhelmed by the welcome. Breakfast sould be more imaginative and porrridge should be real oats. The rooms were absolutely spotless and of a very hugh standard. The Cleaner engaged better with clientele than the owners.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Iain T
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I recently stayed for two nights while my children attended scout camp nearby. I had a lovely twin rom with very comfortable beds and a lovely modern en suite. The room had lovely open views towards the Forth Bridge and the room was spotlessly clean. The owner was very friendly and breakfast was very good and freshly cooked to order. On my second morning I didn't want a cooked breakfast so the owner kindly offered to make me a fresh fruit salad
All in all a lovely stay and I would highly recommend this lovely guest house

Room Tip: I had room 2 which was lovely with a seating area
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I stayed at this B & B for two nights as I had been a bit slow to book the Roods and missed out on a room for me, so I selected this B & B everything was perfect. Lovely clean room with very nice ensuite and views to the Forth Bridge. I was please at I was able to open the windows for fresh air you can't . always do this. The room was very light and spacious, well furnished, I had single beds that were very comfortable. There was also a nice seating area, coffee/tea facility and TV. The host family did everything they could to make you welcome. Breakfast was to order your could have a full cooked or continental always serviced with a smile. Arriving is fine take the first driveway on the left after the blind corner, leaving can be tricky and my advice is to turn left out of the driveway and do a u turn up the road. Much safer option. All in all a very nice place to spend a few nights, Inverkeithing has great train links to Edinburgh, the motor way is also very close or you can tour the back roads which is what we did. I would stay again.

Room Tip: The Upstairs room I had included an ensuite, I was at the front of the house with the road but could...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank traveller0134
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Excellent place. Small and quiet. Rooms spotlessly clean. Breakfast was the best I had in Scotland. Owner was friendly and informative. Wi-Fi in rooms.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Inglewood Guest House? Share your experiences!