“Staff need some training”

Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Walkington
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Just been to the Ferguson fawsitt for something to eat with my husband, upon entering the restaurant no one acknowledged us 2 members of staff were chatting amongst themselves we walked over to the bar to order a couple of drinks I asked for half of carlsberg with lime my husband asked for a large merlot, the girl behind the bar started by using a pint glass for my drink then asked my husband which one is the merlot pointing at the pumps!! Then I decided to have a turkey salad that was served on a red hot plate from the carvery it wasn't until I was handed the plate that i realised It was hot I had to ask for it to be put on a cold plate, my husband had the roast beef with veg the food was Luke warm and he said the gravy was instant gravy and tasteless the food isn't cheap so we expected to receive better service and food £8.50 per meal to be exact, the owner has done a lot of alterations to the place which looks very nice perhaps he should make some changes with the staff such as retrain them.

2  Thank mayosu01

Reviewed July 12, 2013

In the village for a 10k race and went to eat at the Ferguson Fawsitt Arms at about 8.35pm. We had the carvery meal which was totally dried out and tasteless. The meat was dry and the vegetables lukewarm and dried out. A complete waste of money. We won't get caught out again.

4  Thank Pam1957186411
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had my son visit this Sunday and he wanted a decent burger for tea may be made with some top quality beef. Living on Beverley outskirts decided to try this place. Lovely surroundings and friendly staff with quick service but-served McDonald's style fries and poor burger. Very very average food eatable but not worth the effort. Probably should have had the carvery but you can only eat so many!
Mach.

1  Thank Macheovelli
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Took some family and friends to this establishment for a birthday celebration.
As it was Sunday there was no a la Carte.
The carvery is open from 12 00 -21 00.
Normally the Chef will carve your meat and you help youself to the vegetables you wish. All vegetable etc are served up by staff from behind closed curved display counters and it appears portions are strictly controlled.
We arrived at 1500 3 p.m. to a booked table.
No staff were there either to greet us or show us to the bar for a pre-meal drink.
I found the staff that I did meet surley without the hint of a smile.
Absolutely no table service or attention (I had to send my son to collect a mid meal drink).
Associated alternative dishes were absolutely stale and had been kept there since opening)
Gravy and pastry on pies was coagulated.One of my party who is a qualified professional cook
thought it was a dsgraceful meal and left most of her dinner.

1  Thank captdave5
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We read some of the past reviews and went for Sunday lunch wondering what to expect.
We arraived at 2.15pm, the car park was full, allways a good sign, we were seated at a table,told how to order and then went to the bar for drinks, we were served by staff who obviously want to give us great service.
At the carvery we were offered a choice of two sorts of pie, four different roasts and six other specials, all were accompaned with roast and mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage and roast parspips, everything was fresh and very very tasty.
A little blip, when eating in Yorkshire you should not have to pay an extra 50p for a Yorkshire Pudding, that was a bit mean by the Ferguson.
The sweets were very tempting and upon eating matched their looks.