“Mixing business with pleasure”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Walkington
Broadgate Farm Cottages
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed at the Foldyard for 3 nights from 8th June, 4 adults and a 13 week old Annabella. What a superb find. Beautifully done cottage with the perfect enclosed garden for our 2 little Schnauzers. I just can't fault it! Ultra clean, great beds of good size, wet room, heated floors and fully equipped right down to the travel cot and baby bath. Rural setting, lambs bleating gently in the background but very near to Beverley which is a lovely town, loved the common ground in Beverley, dog walkers, cows grazing and golfers all taking advantage of an amazing facility. Elaine was very welcoming at Broadgate and we are sure to go back in October when there on business again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kate S

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have recently stayed in The Stables for a long weekend with friends. The cottage was exactly as described, fitted to a very high standard, very clean and the location is perfect. We enjoyed walking into Beverley to the market on the Saturday morning and then drove out to Bempton Cliffs. It was generally just a very lazy weekend and returning to the cottage after a day out was delightful. Elaine popped in to say hello shortly after we arrived and assured us to get in touch if we had any problems. I don't need to say anything else except that I would most certainly recommend the cottages and would like to return - soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have been visiting Broadgate Farm Cottages since 2010 and this is our third visit. Truly, I can't list all of the myriad reasons that I'd recommend this accommodation so I'll list my highlights and suggest you get the full picture across other reviews. So, for me: a very large living space; a fully equipped kitchen (really, fully: everything is there); a massive dining table so that we can invite family over for dinner; plenty of bathrooms (so useful when you have kids around); underfloor heating in the winter; free wireless Internet access; board games for the kids (and adults); a great local running route across Beverley Westwood (I run a lot, even on holiday); a quiet, country environment; and finally, Elaine, our host. Nothing is too much trouble for Elaine and she takes on board our feedback each time. She also ensures that the cottages are maintained to a very high standard so that in 2013 they look just as fresh as when we first visited in 2010. This is the benchmark for us in terms of high quality family holiday accommodation.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for new year and had the barn house and fold yard for a group of 6 adults and 4 children. Everything about the accomodation was perfect and it was finished to a high standard. Highly recommended.

There were plenty of books and games provided. Wireless Internet access available in both places. Plenty of crockery, pots and pans as well as utensils.

Some lovely little extras provided for that personal touch.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Travelling-Light-UK
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed in Forge Cottage whilst attending a course at nearby Bishop Burton College, and my only complaint was that I didn't have more time to spend in this beautiful cottage.

There is an enclosed garden which was perfect for the dog, and I cannot speak highly enough of the standard of accommodation. All the facilities you could want including a fantastic woodburning stove, dishwasher etc, and everything finished to an exceptionally high standard with real attention to detail. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Broadgate Farm Cottages, and will certainly be booking again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed in many holiday homes around the country due to the nature of my work and Broadgate farm ranks among the best. Broadgate was equipped to my every need. Free wi-fi, a must for anyone working away from home, was fast and reliable, fantastic log burner in the lounge, well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing machine and all modern conveniences needed. Brilliant bathroom and extremely comfortable beds. Peaceful setting with lovely farm animals nearby. The owners were so welcoming and helpful, a true joy. Here's hoping i get to stay here soon. Thanks to all at broadgate farm for making my stay one to remember. I highly recommend Broadgate farm to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our fourth stay at Broadgate Farm and our second stay at The Forge. We love coming back each year as it only gets better! The children love staying in The Forge, not sure why may be it's because they have a bigger bedroom than us and can pop out and visit the pig (sadly one has passed away since our last visit) and sheep without us?? This year the weather was dry but chilly so we took our usual trip to Hornsea beach and did geo caching at Bishop Burton and on the Westwood. It was great that it was cold so we could make good use of the log burner. The quality of the accommodation has not dropped at all despite constantly being rented not like other accommodation we have stayed in which has looked tired. Elaine and her team do a great job of keeping the accommodation looking great and it is with our heads between our tails as we head home wishing our bathroom was half as luxurious as the one at The Forge!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
cer311, Owner at Broadgate Farm Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

So pleased you enjoyed your stay again and its nice to hear that guests appreciate what we do to keep the cottages looking good. The children are growing up so much! It was lovely to see you all again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Walkington
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
1 mi away
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
#1 of 1 in Walkington

Been to Broadgate Farm Cottages? Share your experiences!