“Trip to Beverley”

Ferguson Fawsitt Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Walkington B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife wife & I have just returned from an overnight stay here. We paid £65 for this and were not disappointed.
It is in a beautiful, quite, spotless village, 3 miles from Beverley and has ample car parking and is easy to find.
The photographs do not do itself any real justice as it is only of the restaurant and outside sitting area which is very clean and spotless. You walk down to this from the lodge area itself which is 30m or so from the property. Their are approximately 10 lodges which are more than well equipped to make you feel at home. This is also spotless.
We has a great nights sleep in a comfortable bed. The bathroom area was immaculate with a shower rose over the bath. Soap towels etc were provided.
The breakfast was very enjoyable and consisted of cereals and cooked food such as bacon, eggs, etc....
We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4 with no noise. To avoid footfall of other guests a room number of 1 would mean t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We picked this b&b as a half way overnight stay during a walking trip. The room was £65 for the night with breakfast included in that price. I wasn't expecting much and was gob smacked at how nice the pub and accommodation was! We had an evening meal from the small menu, rather than the carvery. It was very good and the prices were reasonable for the quality. The room was lovely, clean and bright, and the bed was super comfy, just what we needed after a 20 mile walk.

Again I wasn't expecting too much from the breakfast, as the room was great and on it's own was worth the £65, but it was perfect. Toast, cereals and cooked breakfast. We plumped for toast and poached eggs (which were perfectly cooked). The serving staff were attentive and friendly.

For the price I can't recommend it highly enough. The website does not do the pub or the accommodation justice at all! If the owners read this, I would suggest updating the website to reflect how great your place is.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, General Manager at Ferguson Fawsitt Arms, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for this very positive review. We are always grateful for any reviews posted so we can continue to make improvements within the business. I can confirm that we are in the process of having a new website designed and we are hoping that this will be completed and live within the next few weeks. Once again, thank you for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to 'The Fergie' soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have just been to the Ferguson Fawsitt Arms for a Sunday carvery. It is by far the worst pub food I have come across. When I went to the counter the food looked pretty dry and there was hardly any Beef or Pork left. I asked if they would be bringing any more out as it was just the scrag ends left. The girl said no not at the moment they would be refreshing it all in half an hour or so. I rang and booked a table for 4 people and a high chair for my grand son. I booked for 4 o'clock if they run a policy of changing the food at certain times they must of known there would only be dry meat and veg and rock hard Yorkshire puddings left. Surly it would have been common courtesy to let me know. We paid full price for what was very poor food. When they came to clear the table the guy could tell there was a problem by the amount of food that was left. He never asked if everything was ok as i am sure he knew what response he would have got. So I thought rather than complain at the pub as they were obviously not interested , I would write this review and hopefully put other people off wasting there hard earned cash.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Shaun J
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and were very pleasantly surprised. We have stayed in far worse 4 star hotels for twice the price! The room was clean and the bed so comfortable we slept really well, there was plenty of storage and the tea and coffee tray was well stocked. We particularly liked the fact that you can ask for fresh milk instead of the little pots supplied. The only problem we found was that the shower curtain stuck to us like glue resulting in a flood in the bathroom.
The breakfast was lovely and there was plenty of food to choose from, we also ate from the carvery, the food was good value and plentiful. The staff were friendly and very helpful, this made our stay very enjoyable.
We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would not think there would be much difference between any of the rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank The2Hoopers
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just had a two night stay at the Ferguson Fawsitt with a classic car club we belong to.
The accommodation is excellent, modern, comfortable and serviced to a high standard. Very clean!! All that was for a modest £65.00 per night for a twin room, excellent value.
Restaurant was very busy and the carvery looked excellent.
Staff very friendly.
All credit to the Manager and his wife who are obviously very experienced in the hospitality trade.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nicfrost
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Upon arrival it became immediately obvious that the staff are very friendly and helpful - assisting us with taxi numbers and other local information.

The accommodation we stayed in was in the separate, newer lodge building situated a little behind the main inn building. There is ample car parking available. We stayed in the queen room - a little disappointed with the size of the room but it was modern and immaculately clean.

There was a tea tray with biscuits and a selection of hot drinks. There's not much in the way of little extras - shower gel, shampoo (no conditioner) and a shower cap. Sleep quality was excellent - with comfortable bed and duvet/pillows.

Breakfast is in the main inn building and is full English with toast and cereal included. Great big field mushrooms - wish other hotels would do these!

Being very close to the minster/market town of Beverley, this is a great little place in a very picturesque, historic English village.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheHustlers
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Called in for lunch with my pre schooler. They had carvery which looked appealing but at £8.20 a bit pricey so opted for prawn sandwich which came with soft crisps, a bit of salad thrown together and your average slice of brown bread. I would have expected more for £5.95. My daughter had the kids pizza, chips and beans. Pizza was the usual kids cheese & tomato mini pizza which was fine but chips were the microwave/McDonald's style chips and the beans had been left to go dry and cold presumably waiting for the pizza to cook, again priced at £5.95. They really need to either drop the prices or up their game on the food front otherwise they will lose business. On the positive side, they seemed to have a decent selection of beers/ales and the staff were very polite and chatty. I will give the dog and duck a try next time which is next door.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MrsLapin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Walkington
Best Western Lairgate Hotel
Number One Bed and Breakfast
The 5 Eastgate
The 5 Eastgate
#1 of 15 in Beverley

Been to Ferguson Fawsitt Arms? Share your experiences!